Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2021, 00:14   #151
MMV
BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Happy to note that a pure breed Toyota is being launched after many years!

Somehow feel the success of Thar has a role to play in the launch of Hilux in India. Agree that both are different class of vehicles and no overlap in price points. But both are vehicles which are normally bought as a 2nd car in the family (limited use, niche, lifestyle vehicle etc as one may call it).

When car makers (incl Toyota) noticed that so many people queued up for Thar, they might have got convinced on market size of such an offering. In case of Toyota, conviction on getting good bookings for 2nd car worth 2.5x or more of Thar would have increased. They would also be looking at benefits from parts sharing with Fortuner as pointed out by other members.

In fact its a good testament to maturing of Indian car market that manufacturers are launching more cars which are by nature 2nd car for most families. Hoping for few more such launches soon.
MMV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:49   #152
BHPian

Nandi Toyota has started taking bookings, they are saying that delivery will start by February. They said that it’s CBU and priced 33-35L Ex-Showroom. They don’t have any details of the variants and colour options. Booking amount is 2 Lakhs.
chethan.ram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:20   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
They said that it’s CBU and priced 33-35L Ex-Showroom. They don’t have any details of the variants and colour options. Booking amount is 2 Lakhs.
CBU at 30-35 lakhs. If there is a UNO reverse card this is it. Makes a big question mark on the Fortuner pricing.

Guess it would be a CKD. Also if it has to be a CBU at 30-35 lakhs, would be one of the lesser workhorse models tarted up as lifestyle.

Or has Toyota left their 'adarsh beta' ways and started underinvoicing the imports like ze Germans. Would be pretty exciting if Toyota starts to use the 2500/year quota like VAG does.
DicKy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:36   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
CBU at 30-35 lakhs. If there is a UNO reverse card this is it. Makes a big question mark on the Fortuner pricing.

Guess it would be a CKD. Also if it has to be a CBU at 30-35 lakhs, would be one of the lesser workhorse models tarted up as lifestyle.

Or has Toyota left their 'adarsh beta' ways and started underinvoicing the imports like ze Germans. Would be pretty exciting if Toyota starts to use the 2500/year quota like VAG does.
Screenshot of WhatsApp chat with Nandi Toyota person.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-48e18856cc3c4d2d80f60c4c1ae62ed9.jpeg  

chethan.ram is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:48   #155
BHPian

Quote:

So this will take it to 42++ lacs on Road depending on the state. Being a CBU road tax will be higher. My Isuzu V-cross is reaching the 6 year mark very soon which I had bought at 15.XX lacs on-road Mumbai. I was looking at a newer version of a Pick-up (Isuzu or Toyota) but I hardly see any value in upgrade/replacement. This will actually make the V-cross look VFM even at the current inflated rates. But being Toyota it is kind of expected (only the optimist in me was hoping for better).

Good thing is my V-cross is going strong at 65000 kms without any issues. Time to pamper it with some accessories and retain for a couple of years more.
tazmaan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:34   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd take these remarks about the Hilux being "imported" with a pinch of salt All that these dealerships are interested in, is to make early/easy money with whatever cock-n-bull stories they can dish out. In fact, I would be surprised if anyone would pay 2 lac just on hearsay, without any confirmation on launch.
cool_dube is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 09:51   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hilux again, speculated launch in late Jan-22, now in TVC shoot covering mountainous terrain!

Quote:
spotted the pick-up truck in the mountains and Toyota is likely continuing with the TVC shoot in the Northern part of India.
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-1.jpg

Quote:
the face does look new and fresh with a larger hexagonal grille, sweptback LED headlamps with LED DRLs, new bumper, 18-inch alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, side-step, body cladding, and LED taillight. On the inside, the Hilux is likely to get an all-black cabin with features like leather upholstery, an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, ventilated seats, cruise control, eight-way electrically adjustable front seats, connected car tech among others.

Quote:
likely to be powered by a 2.8-litre diesel engine that develops 201 bhp and 420 Nm of peak torque. The automatic variant makes 500 Nm of peak torque. The carmaker could introduce both 4x2 and 4x4 versions to cater to different customer requirements.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th December 2021 at 09:56.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 11:06   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Hilux again, speculated launch in late Jan-22, now in TVC shoot covering mountainous terrain!

Man, that is one drool worthy truck.
201BHP and 500nm torque will make it a beast to handle on our roads, especially when unladen.
Old 29th December 2021, 13:47   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hilux has begun reaching dealer yards across the country just in time for its launch. Spotted in Nagaland.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-toyotahiluxdealerdispatch.jpg

Quote:
unlike the vehicle which will be used for marketing purposes, this variant does not come with overtly flared fenders or the steel roll cage on the cargo bed.
Quote:
The car is expected to be offered with 2 engine options, both of which are turbodiesels. The smaller 2.4-litre unit makes 150 PS and 400 Nm, while the larger 2.8-litre motor is good for 204 PS and 500 torques.

Both motors will come with the choice of a 6-speed manual gearbox and an automatic transmission. Toyota will offer 4-wheel drive variants of the pickup as well.

To be launched in the market by end January 2022

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th December 2021 at 13:51.
volkman10 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 17:46   #160
BHPian

Quote:
The car has to be CKD, A CBU wouldn't cost be priced so low.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 23:03   #161
BHPian

Went to Toyota showroom today for minor repairs on my car and saw them putting up this banner, most probably the ad campaign and tagline for the Hilux.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-20211229_154647.jpg
Black_Star is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 23:22   #162
BHPian

Quote:
I am internally screaming right now, I had hopes that Toyota has finally come to their senses and would be offering us the Hilux at Isuzu D-Max prices.

I had hope because a Hilux would be the perfect truck for the farm my parents are building but if the Ex-Showroom price is gonna be 33-35 Lakh then that puts the On-Road price for the Hilux in the 41-44 Lakh in Bangalore.

At those prices my parents are better off buying a Bolero Pik-up as a Farm Vehicle and using the rest to replace our Innova with a KIA Carnival.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 23:33   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
I am internally screaming right now, I had hopes that Toyota has finally come to their senses and would be offering us the Hilux at Isuzu D-Max prices.

I had hope because a Hilux would be the perfect truck for the farm my parents are building but if the Ex-Showroom price is gonna be 33-35 Lakh then that puts the On-Road price for the Hilux in the 41-44 Lakh in Bangalore.

At those prices my parents are better off buying a Bolero Pik-up as a Farm Vehicle and using the rest to replace our Innova with a KIA Carnival.
This is a very high price, at this much money, the DMAX Auto is a better proposition. I would have booked the V-cross but they omitted really good features from Manual 4x4. Once Hilux is localized in India, I am hoping that its pricing will sit between Innova and Fortuner.

But I am not expecting Toyota to do so as it will eat up few sales for Fortuner or eats its pie, if I may put it in that way.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 00:20   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
Went to Toyota showroom today for minor repairs on my car and saw them putting up this banner, most probably the ad campaign and tagline for the Hilux.

Attachment 2251590
I don’t think it is related to the Hilux, they have been using it for quite some time on their website for various models.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-2d25f331961147b797397c094bee6f9d.jpeg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-f1634ab9bd4c415b82b53e4e63e7d259.jpeg

https://www.toyotabharat.com/
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:55   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I don’t think it is related to the Hilux, they have been using it for quite some time on their website for various models.

Attachment 2251599

Attachment 2251600

https://www.toyotabharat.com/
Ah sorry for my mistake!

Everyone please ignore my earlier comment
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks