Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 08:25   #196
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
OT: Are there any different rules for native people from those states to get cars from neighbouring countries?

I understand Cars can be imported only via some specific ports and just the basic custom duty is 100% plus the hassles. It’s not easy for any individual.
The rules remain same for anyone importing a vehicle in India however in the far North East, the decision is probably more to do with their requirements due to poor road infrastructure, lack of service centres and the need to haul goods over hilly terrain to remote places.

I have visited the states of Nagaland and Manipur twice for a good number of days and I have observed that these states have a sizeable number of Scorpio Getaway / Tata Xenon type of vehicles. The more elite class prefer to import a Mitsubishi Triton or a Toyota Hilux or a Ford Ranger and the likes.

During my stay at Dimapur in Nagaland, I observed that the city has a healthy number of bread and butter pickup trucks and some drool worthy cars too including a GMC Sierra Denali, Mercedes Benz G63 AMG, Mercedes Benz G55 AMG, a few modified Prados and LCs too.
//M is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 10:33   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scoop! Toyota Hilux could be launched on January 23
I know that this is a vehicle which will be of little importance to the majority of the Indian Car buying audience due to its price and form factor but still I'm very happy that at least its coming in India and the Japanese giant has woken up from its utterly lazy attitude and finally brought a proper Toyota to our shores instead of just rebadging the Suzuki cars. I just hope that they bring their rumoured CSUV along with Suzuki ASAP and leave no stone unturned in that car, proper legendary Toyota quality, 5star safety, decent amount of goodies and a smooth and powerful petrol engine (I know bringing diesels won't be a viable option), even if they overprice it by a couple of lakhs people would happily buy it (Toyota has a pretty strong brand reputation).

While at it, I sincerely hope that Honda does some serious action and revives itself back to its heydays given the fact that even the laziest of their Japanese counterparts(Nissan and Toyota) are doing some action in India and do not exit like GM or Ford. I was looking at the brochures of some of their old cars like the Civic, Accord, Jazz, C-RV and 3rd gen City and literally I had tears on my eyes, I grew up as a Honda fanboy and why not, every car they made then even though overpriced were oh so irresistible and were so futuristic, also they were so enthusiastic and delivered exactly what we wanted in a extremely high quality but at the same time utterly reliable package. Where is that Honda?, today they just lack that enthusiasm and literally gave away their market share to the Koreans and Chinese and dare I say, the success of these brands in India is only and only due to the lacklustre behaviour of the Japanese towards us. Sorry for going off-topic but these are straight from the bottom of a heart of a Honda(and in general Japanese automobile) fanboy. Thanks!

Last edited by Tony2298 : 6th January 2022 at 10:37. Reason: Typo, Quoting only relevant bits of the post for easier readability.Thanks!
Tony2298 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 10:50   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hilux to launch on January 23; Bookings open.

Quote:
Hilux will be sold in its double-cab body style in India, and while the truck's face has some resemblance in its basic profile with the Fortuner, it looks notably different.
Quote:
no news on the pricing for the Hilux and sources tell us that it could cost around Rs 30 lakh (ex-showroom).
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th January 2022 at 10:53.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:43   #199
Team-BHP Support

Some firm information

Engine - 2.8 Ltr, 4x4 MT & AT

Bold Piano black Trapezoidal grill w Chrome surround
Dusk sensing LED with Daylight setup
18 Inch Alloy
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Premium Leather seats
Dual Zone AC
7 AirBags, VSC, HAC, ABS/ EBD

4x4 Electronic Drive Switch
Electronic Differential lock
DAc, A-TRC & Auto LSD

Key to the success will be pricing.
Turbanator is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:36   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Some firm information

DAc, A-TRC & Auto LSD

Thanks for the details. All 4 disc brakes?
Old 10th January 2022, 20:20   #201
BHPian

Prebooking & Launch on 20th Jan
Deliveries from 22nd March onwards

Pricing in the same range as the Jeep Compass

SA shared the UAE brochure, but it looks like they’ve received an India specific training guide / FAQ

Thinking of cancelling my XUV700 AX7 AWD (getting delivered next month) and waiting for the king of off-roading, provided I can get it under 32L OTR.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 14. 14097 HIL_56_IR_WEB_tcm-3044-1974824.pdf (4.92 MB, 613 views)
File Type: pdf All_New_Hilux_FAQs.pdf (379.7 KB, 586 views)
shireeshjacobs is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:35   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireeshjacobs View Post

SA shared the UAE brochure, but it looks like they’ve received an India specific training guide / FAQ

Thinking of cancelling my XUV700 AX7 AWD (getting delivered next month) and waiting for the king of off-roading, provided I can get it under 32L OTR.
If they can price it in the same ballpark as the Compass, then Toyota definitely has a winner on their hands.

A pretty interesting FAQ shared, gives a good idea on what's going to be on offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
All 4 disc brakes?
Rear will get drum brakes like it does in all other markets.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 10th January 2022 at 20:42.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 21:31   #203
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the FAQ says, "Sir, the Hilux is made in India".

No EPB, no auto-dimming IRVM, no auto-wiper.
No black color option. Two white shades. Pearl white metallic will be an extra option I guess

All windows "auto" up/down. Guess it means one-touch up/down.
Full-size spare wheel, naturally.
Front park sensors
Heated seats means ventilated?
Steering angle display
Headlamp washer

Price? Surprised to read the reference of Jeep Compass in the FAQ, along with a vague mention about the FWD urban cruiser crowd:
lifestyle car that will offer a great value-proposition in the same budget – same EMIs of any other competition. [specially C-SUV – Jeep Compass].

Are you gunning for ISUZU or Jeep, dear Toyota?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th January 2022 at 21:36.
sandeepmdas is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:05   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing!!!

The Compass pricing, though indicative has a wide margin. From 23-39 lakhs. Add to that, EMI basis is vague. Maybe 3 years Compass EMI = 5 years Hilux EMI. But from the wording and overall tone of the FAQ, guess they are going for a good pricing strategy.

Quote:
Looks like it is the Ireland brochure as mentioned in the bottom of the brochure. Dead giveaway. No petrol engines mentioned. Though hope they are not giving us the UK-spec Hilux like they usually do for CBUs/CKDs. Hate LHD control stalks in a RHD car. Another point worth mentioning is that the 2.8 manual is shown giving better fuel economy than the 2.4 manual, in the brochure atleast.

Wish it is a success enough for Toyota to give us lower spec models/ 2.4l versions, but not as much as a roaring success that TKM slips into the "They love me" phase and increase prices every week!!!

Last edited by DicKy : 11th January 2022 at 09:11.
DicKy is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:01   #205
BHPian

Quote:

Hello,

If that pdf is indeed from Toyota India, then there are two very interesting points,

1. Hilux is to be a Made in India product

Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 806
Size:  69.5 KB

2. They are hinting at matching Jeep Compass Pricing

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 797
Size:  98.1 KB

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:03   #206
BHPian

Even though this is a niche product, I am LUSTING after one. I would happily replace my Prado with this for all my off roading and rough road needs!

And if it rides even 3/4 as well as my Innova, It would be a strong contender for our highway trips as well.

The Hilux is the real deal when it comes to offroading and reliability.
kapi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:10   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Price announcement likely on January 20 while deliveries for the Hilux will only take place by March 2022.

The vehicle will be assembled in India via CKD kits, with some part sharing with the Fortuner, at Toyota's plant in Karnataka.

Quote:
As far as paint shade options go, the Hilux will come with five options starting with two options for white (pearl and super), emerald red and metallic versions of grey and silver.

Toyota will also offer a standard warranty of 3years and one lakh km on the Hilux, which is similar to almost every other Toyota product on sale in India. Customers will also have choice of extended warranty schemes that go up to 5 years/2.2lakh km.
Quote:
dealers have confirmed to us that the Hilux will be equipped with LED headlamps, unique chorme bits for India, 18-inch alloy wheels similar to the Fortuner, a touchscreen infotainment replete with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, leather upholstery and multiple airbags.

As far as off-road tech goes, the Hilux will come equipped with a four-wheel drive system with electronic differential locks among other features.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th January 2022 at 11:12.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:26   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bold Piano black Trapezoidal grill w Chrome surround
Dusk sensing LED with Daylight setup
18 Inch Alloy
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Premium Leather seats
Dual Zone AC
DAc, A-TRC & Auto LSD
Kit/features, engine/transmission match Fortuner. If this will retail at price tag cheaper by 10L, enthusiasts, travel junkies will lap up Hilux. Overlanding/touring is quite big, is trending in many countries and India is warming up too. Hilux is a perfect companion and one can also get plenty of modifications as Hilux is sold in more countries than Fortuner.

Last edited by PrideRed : 11th January 2022 at 12:27.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:27   #209
BHPian

The reason why small pickups were not popular in India was because of lack of strong players. Now Toyota has entered into this segment, I see a very promising future for these pickups. And Hilux will be a big sucess owing to Toyota badge and bulletproof durability it offers. Maybe Ford might also enter into this segment and bring it's equally popular F150 in India.

The geography of India is such that these pickups will come in very utilitarian. Also it will expand a lot of opportunities for small time farmers and businesses involved in long haul moderate load transportation. And it will become a lifestyle product for the suburban and urban population.

I have seen a bunch of F150s and Toyota Tundras in American roads used for almost tons of purposes, one of the guy i know used to literally live in one of these. And these were by far the most practical vehicles on the road. People literally moved houses on their backs. Also they made excellent vehicles for small RVs. You name the purpose and these trucks would do it without draining a sweat. I see a huge potential for the same in India especially considering Indians love to explore new ways of living and adventurous expeditions.

Also don't forget the Toyota Hiluxes carrying canons on their back serving their purpose on barren desserts of Afghanishthan with scorching temperatures. That itself is a testimony to the reliability and toughness of these Toyotas.

PS
pta320 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:35   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hilux :

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-270625056_163321056020375_589233055435459399_n-1.jpg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-271665306_163321189353695_5866483721183053769_n.jpg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-271668195_163321209353693_7757950870383081386_n.jpg

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  69.7 KB

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-2.jpg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-3.jpg

Quote:
Will be available with a manual and automatic. Will also get plenty of off-road kit: Low ratio transfer case, electronic diff-lock, downhill assist and active traction control. India-spec Hilux will be a double-cab that can seat 5.
Quote:
18-inch wheels standard. Gets leather seats, dual zone climate control, and Android Auto / Apple CarPlay. On safety front: 7 airbags, VSC, hill start assist and ABS, along with EBD
Expected price ₹25-28 lakh (ex-showroom)

Link

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th January 2022 at 12:52.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks