Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 15:28   #361
BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

In this post, there is mention of TPMS and from the picture, it is like that aftermarket solar ones which many of us have bought from amazon. Isn't it possible to get TPMS numbers displayed on the touchsrceen?

I owned a 2012 Camry in US and it has TPMS readings on its LCD screen itself.

Last edited by raksrules : 21st January 2022 at 15:30.
Old 21st January 2022, 15:57   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Payload of 435 kg ?? Even regular cars do 500 for passengers and their luggage. I have driven the humble 2.0 litre TCIC Tata TL with more than a tonne in the cargo bay.

The sheet looks incorrect, at least on this part.
The Tata TL when it was launched was registered as a 11 seater if I am right. Had two benches in the loadbay to circumvent the passenger weight>cargo weight for white plate vehicles. Even the Xenon was shown as having 200kg of payload, when in reality it could haul over a tonne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
A humble request...
Cosmetic makeup should also be toned down to save money and introduce with metal/steel front and rear bumpers.
Aah. The GCC spec Hilux. Whenever my friends see a pickup on the road, they will go like, "Bro, wouldn't it be cool to lift it up and give it monster truck tyres, auxiliary lights, black paint et al"

Whereas am like, "White, chrome bumpers, black steelies with white lettered tyres, side stickers with the engine size or 4x4 in loud words, commercial grade rollbar covered with black sponge material, manufacturer's name in big red letters on the tailgate"

To be frank I don't like the look of the Indian spec Hilux much. Neither workhorse look nor proper sporty look. Stuck somewhere in between. Just happy that it is finally being launched here with multiple options. We can anyday do small mods here and there once the vehicle is here.

Don't think they will launch the 4.0l V6 here. Though I hope they launch a base variant, that too with the 2.4l diesel.

If and when the Hilux gets the 3.3l V6 diesel from the Landcruiser, we can then pray to get it here as a limited run option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
7 airbags only in STD trim and not in HIGH trim? What nonsense is this? First Skoda with Kushaq, now Toyota with Hilux?

In the last page, notice two stars after 7 SRS Airbags. In the bottom right, you'll see two stars indicate that the feature is available only in STD trim.
Must be a typo. They meant the asterisks for the paint options. And for the differences between the two variants, they have already used tables.

Last edited by DicKy : 21st January 2022 at 15:58.
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 17:11   #363
BHPian

If ever there was a royal waste, it was the 30 mints launch thing that Toyota threw up.
30 minutes of saying nothing.

no clarity on where they are positioning this product, no timelines, no options, no pricing, no nothing. Came away mighty disappointed for being enlightened with things mostly everyone knows.

Wonder why they did what they did, any guesses ?

I for one still get the distinct impression that they are not done doing their home work on the product.
nairanupg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 17:52   #364

Toyota Hilux Specifications at a glance!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-img20220121wa0020.jpg  

ashishgagan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:54   #365
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
Most people would want to make their 'Innovas' richer now .
For the starters, I just upgraded my Crysta’s tyres today - 225/55/R17 Michelin’s 4ST
niruvrs9669 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:58   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
If ever there was a royal waste, it was the 30 mints launch thing that Toyota threw up.
30 minutes of saying nothing.

no clarity on where they are positioning this product, no timelines, no options, no pricing, no nothing. Came away mighty disappointed for being enlightened with things mostly everyone knows.

Wonder why they did what they did, any guesses ?

I for one still get the distinct impression that they are not done doing their home work on the product.
So true. Maybe Toyota is expecting everyone to know the Hilux already. The Hilux may be a Legendary vehicle in other places but as with their other Original products, they expect Indians to always pay a premium for something which is very utilitarian
Jesse_Mach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 19:03   #367
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is Apple in car industry. They sure as hell price their models expensive compared to competition. But, it doesn’t stop people preferring Toyota / Apple when it comes to reliability and experience of trouble free ownership - and yes, they’re durable & reliable!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd January 2022 at 04:45. Reason: As requested
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 21:03   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
You mean rich and richer. There's no poor man's Toyota unless they do a "Tomalto".
I have to be honest, I laughed more than I should have this is absolutely spot on though
turbowhistle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 21:19   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydealhunter View Post
I hate these car launches without prices. What is the point? Customer is supposed to just gawk at the car and go back to their lives guessing the prices. Hope this kind of stupid practices do not get carried over into other sectors such as electronics. Can you imagine samsung or apple releasing a new products without pricing? The twitter memes alone would make them regret the switch.
Your wish has come true!
https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/20/2...2022-preorders
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 22:15   #370
BHPian

I feel the front of Hilux looks too much like an Innova. Contrast that with V Cross. IMHO becomes important when you want the traffic to give way to you, when they see you in the mirror.

Anyone else feel the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Toyota is Apple in car industry. They sure as hell prove their models expensive compared to competition. But, it doesn’t stop people preferring Toyota / Apple when it comes to reliability and experience of trouble free ownership - and yes, they’re durable & reliable!
I believe there are some common points, but Apple seems to have some kind of planned obsolescence for their products. They don't like if you are using a 5 yr old iPhone, that's my impression (also seen some similar views on this forum).

On the other hand, older Toyotas are so well supported by the OEM that their "price" stays high in the pre owned car market.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd January 2022 at 18:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged
dsr001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:08   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr001 View Post
I believe there are some common points, but Apple seems to have some kind of planned obsolescence for their products. They don't like if you are using a 5 yr old iPhone, that's my impression (also seen some similar views on this forum).

On the other hand, older Toyotas are so well supported by the OEM that their "price" stays high in the pre owned car market.
Then in that case it could be the poor man's Prosche (relatively speaking)
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:16   #372
BHPian

Hey guys - Let's refrain from saying many times that the front of Hilux looks like Crysta. Toyota will increase the price of Crysta further .
vijayshouree is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 03:26   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Hilux in 4 different colours!

Emotional Red/White Pearl Crystal Shine/Grey Metallic/Silver Metallic

I am quite intrigued to know how do manufacturers come up with the name for colours, Is this a marketing strategy to sort of lend some personality to cars ?

Why cant it be just Red/White/Grey/Silver?
Emotional Red no emotion in me and White Pearl Crystal Shine if spoken fast and continous can be a good tongue twister.

Had seen Radiant Red, Passion Red, Ruby Red, but Emotional Red... dont know what to say
das.sui is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:22   #374
Senior - BHPian

In fact Red signifies rage. I guess anger is also an emotion. Coming to the HILUX, this is just what the market wanted. It's a rage in the Middle East. Hope the pricing is on expected lines
Quote:
Originally Posted by das.sui View Post
Emotional Red no emotion in me and White Pearl Crystal Shine if spoken fast and continous can be a good tongue twister. Had seen Radiant Red, Passion Red, Ruby Red, but Emotional Red... dont know what to say
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 11:59   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das.sui View Post
I am quite intrigued to know how do manufacturers come up with the name for colours, Is this a marketing strategy to sort of lend some personality to cars ?

Why cant it be just Red/White/Grey/Silver?
Emotional Red no emotion in me and White Pearl Crystal Shine if spoken fast and continous can be a good tongue twister.

Had seen Radiant Red, Passion Red, Ruby Red, but Emotional Red... dont know what to say
The names given by the marketing department have no bearing on the actual emotions associated with those colors.

Basic colors have emotions associated with them for sure - some are smoothing, some evoke rage/aggressiveness and some reflect the cultural aspects.

But marketing departments would want to associate the next 'fancy' sounding name to it.

Colors can't be patented on their own. But a color as part of a unique design can be patented I believe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks