Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 00:04   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Any chance the rear seats have space enough to recline? Or this is going to be a 35L + vehicle with rather limited rear seat comfort?

Typically I'm not sure pick up trucks like these will have enough cab space at the rear to enable that recline angle adjustment
The rear seat doesn't have enough recline and is comparable to a typical pickup rear seat.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 05:20   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I guess the STD variant of the Hilux will be the only car in India to get Halogen headlamps and LED foglamps
Off-Topic: XUV700 AX3 trim also gets halogen lamps and LED foglamps
Stolidus500 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 08:02   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
Toyota UK states that the Hilux Double-cab payload is around 1,050kg to 1,115 kg, and can tow upto 3.2 to 3.5 tons depending on the variant.

As others are stated Toyota India are intentionally misleading the specs to get around commercial registration.
So as to homologate a vehicle as passenger vehicle, it is necessary that the cargo carrying capacity is declared less compared to the sum of passenger weight @ 75 kg per passenger.

Even though the cargo decks of passenger vehicle and goods carrying vehicle (for example V-Cross and D-Max, or Xenon and Xenon XT) have no difference, the declaration made is different for M1 & N1 categories.
JitendraK78 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 08:42   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hilux, now appears in product portfolio:

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-t.jpg

EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORIES:

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-0.jpg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st January 2022 at 08:53.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:19   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Hilux, now appears in product portfolio:

Attachment 2263102
Not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but I think the way they've positioned the Hilux in the model range might indicate something about its pricing. Between the Innova and Fortuner sounds about right to me.

Last edited by ron178 : 21st January 2022 at 10:20.
ron178 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:42   #351
Senior - BHPian

A humble request to Toyota Bharat.

Kindly introduce a very small numbers of 25-50 units of Limited Series Hilux V6 Petrol Engine with AT.

Also, in Diesel powered engines, please introduce a very basic bare bone Hilux AT, in limited series only.

Cosmetic makeup should also be toned down to save money and introduce with metal/steel front and rear bumpers. (See the attached photos).

My daughters enjoying their favorite ride 2010 Hilux, in Dubai Winter!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-7cf24d32c74341efa99123e48f7d489e.jpg  

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-1920_1080_toyotahilux202100ls61.jpg  

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-4612d674782f4a64a840273f0dbce0e3.jpg  

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-photolg.jpg  

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-5a7900d823d0451ab8a8a1f4ddfa1511.jpg  

Attached Images

Parm is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:59   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
A humble request to Toyota Bharat.

Kindly introduce a very small numbers of 25-50 units of Limited Series Hilux V6 Petrol Engine with AT.

Also, in Diesel powered engines, please introduce a very basic bare bone Hilux AT, in limited series only.

Cosmetic makeup should also be toned down to save money and introduce with metal/steel front and rear bumpers. (See the attached photos).

My daughters enjoying their favorite ride 2010 Hilux, in Dubai Winter!
I think this is a very pertinent point which needs to be noted by Toyota at least.
They provide a automatic gearbox in the Innova G variant which takes care of most of the requirements of the average user .
Ambient lighting / climate control / touch screen system though very good systems can be overlooked by budget conscious consumers.
They will do well to launch a G variant with auto transmission in the Hilux .
Maybe if nobody bothers to book the Hilux Toyota might seriously think about it.
abhijit 2284 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 11:31   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
I think the way they've positioned the Hilux in the model range might indicate something about its pricing. Between the Innova and Fortuner sounds about right to me.
The prices indicated by dealers has always been between 25-30 Lakh, higher than the Innova and lower than the base Fortuner. So the model placement on the website is correct. Expect a pricing similar to the Jeep Compass 4x4s (Limited, S and upcoming Trailhawk) as shared by Toyota to their dealers in terms of the FAQ (mentioning similar EMIs to a Jeep Compass)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Are metal/steel bumpers allowed on private vehicles in India? In an accident I believe they can cause severe damage to pedestrians

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st January 2022 at 11:36.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 11:41   #354
Team-BHP Support

As expected, many bookings in Punjab and Chandigarh on Day 1, elsewhere I am not sure. Many folks in NCR will give a miss due to Diesel issues and also with uncertainties about the pricing, people will prefer to wait for the final numbers. Privately, dealers are talking about 30-34 Lac Ex-Showroom. When you are shopping with family, 10 lac difference or so over Fortuner mayn't be sufficient for many to pick this over a regular SUV. I am still not able to understand the positioning of this product from marketing point of view.

Toyota should have launched the vehicle when they had the product ready, it's not a Kia or Mahindra targeting buyers around 15-20 Lac, expecting thousands of bookings. If marketing guys in Toyota think that they can judge the market feedback by initial booking during this period, am afraid, they will be disappointed.
Turbanator is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 12:31   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Privately, dealers are talking about 30-34 Lac Ex-Showroom.
I had registered on the website for an enquiry, and my selected dealer just called me. The SA told me around 12-15 cars will be made available by Toyota to major dealers across India in the 1st batch. And the price this dealer is expecting is 35 Lakh on-road Mumbai (he’s not sure about manual or automatic yet), with a difference in pricing between manual and automatic being approx 1.5 Lakh.

He was pushing me to book stating you’ll get the car from the 1st batch, I told him without even seeing the car or price there is no way I’m going to book it.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st January 2022 at 12:33.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 12:55   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Are metal/steel bumpers allowed on private vehicles in India? In an accident I believe they can cause severe damage to pedestrians
I believe that after the new crash regulations came into force, Mahindra Bolero was the first vehicle to get approved with metal front bumper. So, it's totally legit, if they pass the crash tests with sufficient scores!

Aha, found the link to the old brochure (attached below) from 2020 launch: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4776572 (Mahindra Bolero update coming up later in 2019)

And a screenshot from Mahindra Bolero brochure to confirm what I wrote above:-

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-screenshot_20220121125913946_cn.wps.moffice_eng2.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bolero_2020_brochure.pdf (1.21 MB, 280 views)

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 21st January 2022 at 13:03.
AdityaDeane is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 13:02   #357

7 airbags only in STD trim and not in HIGH trim? What nonsense is this? First Skoda with Kushaq, now Toyota with Hilux?

Brochure Link Here: https://www.toyotabharat.com/documen...hure-hilux.pdf

In the last page, notice two stars after 7 SRS Airbags. In the bottom right, you'll see two stars indicate that the feature is available only in STD trim.
Old 21st January 2022, 13:22   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
In the last page, notice two stars after 7 SRS Airbags. In the bottom right, you'll see two stars indicate that the feature is available only in STD trim.
Looks to be a typo. Toyota probably meant otherwise.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:26   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Too much chrome on the front combined with that grille is damaging the looks quotient, IMO. The White is still less in-your-face and more acceptable than the other colors.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:31   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
My pricing is - 16-18 and up to 22 for top end. Innova and Fortuner are also built on the same base but different price tags. Looking at Isuzu, it shouldn’t be 30 bracket and hopefully they start making them here and not CKD.
No offence, but no way Toyota launches the Hilux at those prices with those features, it's specced at par with the fortuner( if not better specced). If they bring it at these prices they're cannibalising their bread-butter models' sales( i.e. the Innova and fortuner). Also looking at their prices, they're most likely targeting more profits than numbers. This is a niche segment rather than a mass-market product.
Peri_patetic99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed