Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:16   #421
BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Booked the Hilux Low Manual, colour options were 2 in white and one Grey, went ahead with the grey. Delivery promised by feb end or early march, sales rep has been outstanding in his followups and promptness, so far only 7 bookings at their showroom which covers noida and greater noida.

Cheers
I do not believe the Hilux comes in Grey Metallic on the Low / Standard variant. The only color at launch would be White (Not Pearl White in the High MT or AT).

Spoke to my dealer and he stated there are 7 bookings, 2 in Red (AT), 2 in Silver (AT), 2 in Grey (High MT and Mine High AT) and 1 Pearl White (AT).

They have stopped taking bookings.

Units should arrive in April for delivery, end March if we get lucky.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:49   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Bookings closed for Toyota Hilux.

Due to overwhelming demand Toyota had to temporarily halt bookings for Hilux.

Link
Could just be a marketing gimmick. Like how builders advertise “Tower 1 sold out. Book quickly!!”
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 22:25   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I am of the opinion that the government should step in an abolish pre bookings. Manufacturers can now look at the bookings and decide the markup at which they want to price their product.

The government should allow bookings to be accepted only after the prices have been announced.

Toyota honchos will be now going...
30% markup for initial planned price = 1% pre bookings cancelled.
50% markup = 5% cancellations

Drive on,
Shibu.
Actually this could be far from the truth. Toyota will know better. The pre bookings are done in anticipation of a price, as mentioned by the dealer ; in this case 25-30 Lacs. The target market have kind of agreed that it is a fair price landing between the Innova and the Fortuner.

I'm sure large corporations like Toyota wont change the price substantially based on pre booking interest. They know too well that these are refundable booking deposits and in today's day and age, a sale is not committed until the actual money changes hands. Cancelling a booking can be done as easily vide a phone call.

Toyota will be mindful of the negative publicity and long term damage arising from large scale booking cancellations. Whilst I cant comment on what was the price Toyota had decided for this car, I'm sure the pre booking won't have a significant impact. However, if you see Hiluxes flying off the shelves like Innova, then the next update will definitely have a Toyota style price hike.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 22:30   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I do not believe the Hilux comes in Grey Metallic on the Low / Standard variant. The only color at launch would be White (Not Pearl White in the High MT or AT).
The colour grey is clearly mentioned on my booking docket form, also the Sales rep handling my booking has confirmed the colour, unless he flips at the last minute it is Grey for now.
Old 4th February 2022, 03:13   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
One of the best advertisements I have come across recently- Toyota Hilux
The ad is from the New Zealand market. It was playing here about a year ago (or less. I don't recall exactly). Words such as sausage (usually sausage roll) and lamingtons are as 'kiwi as' as it can get. Its done nice and they even had a large print ad very close to Wellington airport. Had an emotional connect. The Hilux clan is like a brotherhood of sorts over here. I can totally relate to that ad having seen these machines on the road and how people use it. It maybe seen as a luxury vehicle in India. Over here, its both. A luxury/adventure vehicle and the one ute you see the most working hard in a farm.

I am waiting for our own 'panjaab' variant, where the deck is filled with sub woofers. Those boys (or even girls) are going to pimp their Hilux's for sure.
sandeepmohan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 08:24   #426
BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
The colour grey is clearly mentioned on my booking docket form, also the Sales rep handling my booking has confirmed the colour, unless he flips at the last minute it is Grey for now.
White is clearly mentioned to be the only color in their brochure and website. The remaining colors are only available in High variant. Either way, if you get the color of your choice, thats all that matters.

Good Luck to all.
Old 4th February 2022, 09:13   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
White is clearly mentioned to be the only color in their brochure and website. The remaining colors are only available in High variant. Either way, if you get the color of your choice, thats all that matters.

Good Luck to all.
Looks like they have used their 'Right to change specs without notice'.

The Grey was one colour that was available in both STD and High variants. Looks like they changed it.

The website now.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-screenshot_202202040906052.png

The brochure earlier.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-screenshot_20220204090501.png

Was pretty sure as I played with the configurator and the STD in grey was my favourite.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 09:32   #428
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when display cars would arrive at showrooms? Now, that they're SOLD OUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The Grey was one colour that was available in both STD and High variants. Looks like they changed it.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 09:40   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Any idea when display cars would arrive at showrooms? Now, that they're SOLD OUT
Guess it won't have any effect on the display/TD cars.

We would be able to see and drive the Hilux when it launches in March.

Even if they have actually sold out or sold out from a small stock or just a marketing gimmick, they will have stock set aside for the media, demo, display.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 12:52   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Guess it won't have any effect on the display/TD cars.

We would be able to see and drive the Hilux when it launches in March.

Even if they have actually sold out or sold out from a small stock or just a marketing gimmick, they will have stock set aside for the media, demo, display.
Was not the case with Fortuner facelift. Many showrooms did not have display car(forget test drive) for over a month. Dealers prioritized deliveries over demo/display car.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 13:08   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Was not the case with Fortuner facelift. Many showrooms did not have display car(forget test drive) for over a month. Dealers prioritized deliveries over demo/display car.
Lockdown + Factory strikes were the reasons for the delay in Fortuners reaching both showrooms and media fleets (although there are just 2 cars for the Media fleet, a Sparkling Black Fortuner 4x4 AT and a Legender 4x2 AT).

Limited numbers of Hilux-es may pose a problem but each dealer will have atleast one car on display, if not a test-drive vehicle in March.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 13:40   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Lockdown + Factory strikes were the reasons for the delay in Fortuners reaching both showrooms and media fleets (although there are just 2 cars for the Media fleet, a Sparkling Black Fortuner 4x4 AT and a Legender 4x2 AT).

Limited numbers of Hilux-es may pose a problem but each dealer will have atleast one car on display, if not a test-drive vehicle in March.
Agree there were supply issues. But Toyota and dealers prioritized deliveries over demo/display cars. The showroom I bought, got their demo car only after a month of delivery of my Fortuner. With Toyota stopping Hilux booking citing semi conductor issue, I don't think production is smooth yet.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 09:29   #433
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota India temporarily stops Hilux bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerati View Post
The dealership is saying that bookings have been stopped but they can arrange the Hilux for me if I want. On prodding a little more, he assured me that I would be amongst the first to get the Hilux. So it is nothing but a marketing gimmick.
Hilux would remain a niche segment in India, irrespective of whatever marketing aces Toyota are holding up their sleeves. By the way, I got to know from a reliable source that there are 50+ Hilux bookings in the whole of Kerala. It may not be a true indication of the booking trends elsewhere. All said and done, I'm looking forward to seeing this icon in flesh and possibly drive it too.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 5th February 2022 at 09:33.
Old 5th February 2022, 10:19   #434
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota India temporarily stops Hilux bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
By the way, I got to know from a reliable source that there are 50+ Hilux bookings in the whole of Kerala. It may not be a true indication of the booking trends elsewhere. All said and done, I'm looking forward to seeing this icon in flesh and possibly drive it too.
Good point . Kerala is a little Toyota country. I am amazed by the number of Yaris cars that I see in my daily drives. It is very tough to spot even a single Yaris in other parts of the country. Hilux will be hit here. I expect a lot more Hilux numbers than 50 once the price gets announced. Like you said, it may not reflect the trend in other parts of the country.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 5th February 2022 at 10:22.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 12:17   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
So first lot is sold out and now fingers crossed on the price. Even with meeting their initial target, it remains to be seen whether it has any bearing on the pricing. It may well be on the higher side despite the number of bookings.
That's the oldest "trick" in the book, I've heard that "line" when I bought my Hyundai Accent from the "first lot"... Just imagine the Hilux without the flat bed would it cannibalize Fortuner sales?

Last edited by Durango Dude : 5th February 2022 at 12:21.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks