Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 11:20   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The 15 lakhs base price is entirely plausible, but the 18 lakhs for top end??

Definitely not trustable. Unless Toyota is bringing just the commercial variants with the 2.4l diesel. No 2.8l or 4x4 option.

Would be interesting to see what would be TKM's approach.
Toyota will milk the Innova platform to the core and extract as much as excess cash on the Hilux knowing it will sell. They will definitely price it above the Innova and maintain it as a lifestyle vehicle. So I seriously doubt if it will ever be launched at 18 lakhs even for the base variant.

If it is for commercial vehcile segment, things work very differently in this segment. Bolero rules this segment and Isuzu which is priced pretty decently does barely any volumes.
nkrishnap is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Rumour: Toyota to launch Hilux around Diwali 2021, can a trusted source confirm this? Pricing doesn’t seem trustable at all considering even the V-Cross’s price has got a substantial hike!

Attachment 2189587
Any further updates/confirmations on this? I cold called Ravindu toyota and tried to get some response, no luck. But they said that they will call me back soon. , Yeah right.
vkiran_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:43   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

The last information I had was that the Hilux will be a CBU & those prices (15 - 18L) mentioned in previous posts seem impossible.

Last edited by karan561 : 2nd September 2021 at 11:49.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:25   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkiran_2000 View Post
Any further updates/confirmations on this? I cold called Ravindu toyota and tried to get some response, no luck. But they said that they will call me back soon. , Yeah right.
After a round of "raising the trial balloon", Toyota seem to gotten really quiet on this one. Surprising.

We are already on the cusp of Dussera. If they have not started production already, it can only happen in 2022, if at all....
Old 16th September 2021, 18:15   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
After a round of "raising the trial balloon", Toyota seem to gotten really quiet on this one. Surprising.

We are already on the cusp of Dussera. If they have not started production already, it can only happen in 2022, if at all....
Yes my hope is draining by the day. At least some test mules or reveals would have been heard. But they are awfully silent. Its so moronic that they don't see the potential of a truck when is been a runaway hit in all the countries of this region.
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:48   #96
BHPian

Got this information from a reliable source, Hilux will be launched in March 2022 and it will be CBU.
chethan.ram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hilux India launch set for January. Expected to get 2.4-litre and 2.8-litre diesel engine options.

Based on the same platform as Fortuner and Innova. Shares features list and interior components with Fortuner.

Name:  20211130053705_Toyota_Hilux_2021_1600_3.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  120.7 KB

Quote:
The Hilux for India will also sport a distinct design, with a large hexagonal front grille, flanked by swept-back headlamps with LED daytime running lights.
Quote:
For our market, we will get a double-cab version of the Hilux, but it remains to be seen if Toyota will also introduce a single-cab version (like Isuzu) for the commercial vehicle segment.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st December 2021 at 09:16.
Venkatesh is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:43   #98
BHPian

Pretty sure Toyota will launch the Hilux at some exorbitant price.

I would be genuinely surprised if the ex-showroom is under 30 lacs. My guess is that the ex-showroom will be somewhere between 35 and 40 lacs and since it will be a CBU the chances are pretty high that Toyota will launch a single fully-kitted version.

If demand is strong then maybe a cut-price version as an entry level model. Cut-price will still probably mean an ex-showroom between 25 and 30 lacs.

Regardless of the price, the Hilux will definitely appeal to a certain section of the public.
veedub89 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:54   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota Hilux India launch set for January. Expected to get 2.4-litre and 2.8-litre diesel engine options....Based on the same platform as Fortuner and Innova. Shares features list and interior components with Fortuner.
Cool, so they are going to assemble it here.

Wonder which one of the below strategies they are going to follow
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5075699

More engine options mean it is not going to be placed at Fortuner levels with just a top variant. Toyota is definitely going at the throat of Isuzu. Poor Isuzu.
DicKy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 11:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
My guess is that the ex-showroom will be somewhere between 35 and 40 lacs and since it will be a CBU the chances are pretty high that Toyota will launch a single fully-kitted version.
Does the article say it's a CBU. Am I missing something here? But not happy with this line in the article.

Quote:
That said, considering the Thai-spec Hilux secured a 5-star rating in ASEAN NCAP crash tests should give buyers some added peace of mind.
When it's clear that it's an India spec one that's in the works, what relevance does a Thai spec crash scores have here? Potential buyers would get fooled into thinking ASEAN NCAP score holds good unless of course Toyota decides not to water down the Indian version.
Old 1st December 2021, 13:58   #101
BHPian

This will not be cheap, nor will it be a high-volume seller. But with so many shared components in the platform, it may still be commercially viable. Good to see the Hilux finally getting launched
Old 1st December 2021, 14:30   #102
BHPian

Why do these pickups have to be so big? What happened to small and practical trucks?
Mustang Sammy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 15:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Does the article say it's a CBU. Am I missing something here? But not happy with this line in the article.
Article doesn't mention explicitly on the production location, but does say that the parts between the Hilux, Innova and Fortuner will be shared. Which is kinda obvious.

A previous report by ACI said that there could be local production. Again, nothing concrete as of now.

I don't think Toyota will start local assembly initially. Maybe if the demand is strong then later it can add another line at its factory. I doubt you can use the same assembly line for the Hilux and Innova/Fortuner.
veedub89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 15:59   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Why do these pickups have to be so big? What happened to small and practical trucks?
It would be an apt description for those American full size pickups So big, they are comical. An ordinary person can't get onto the pickup bed without assistance.

The Hilux has no doubt grown over the generations. But they are still practical. Atleast the ordinary low riding version. The versions that we mostly see in media are the 4X4 versions with high ride, huge tyres and flared arches. Ofcourse, they maybe still big for Indian conditions, since we had missed quite a few buses and trains.
DicKy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 16:33   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

I asked a Toyota dealer, and he said the Hilux is mostly going to be a CBU for India. He also said Toyota India ever-since the pandemic started hasn't been sharing any information about future products with dealers.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed