Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 12:41   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Variants named Low and High?! They should have named them Poor and Rich, to justify the tagline 'richer life'. Thank heavens they showed videos of the elusive car today, that we just can't find anywhere else on internet. So lucky.
You mean rich and richer. There's no poor man's Toyota unless they do a "Tomalto".

Last edited by discoverwild : 20th January 2022 at 12:44.
discoverwild is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:49   #317
BHPian

By any stretch of imagination this is not going to be priced along with the Compass. Going by the video and the advert this could well be in the top end Compass territory touching close to 40L in my view. I believe they are testing to see if any significant interest would come

It may turn up to be more of a style statement rather than the utility. The cargo bed may never see its intended use
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:50   #318
BHPian

Looks like Fortuner with an aftermarket Innova grill!

Seriously weird variant naming by Toyota. Who would like to have a "Low" variant? Imagine yourself saying - i have the Hilux low. So people think Low what? Lower height? Only with 4x4 low? Lower budget? Lower class? Lower quality? None of those connotations are good.

Is Toyota naming so as to ensure everyone ends up buying the "High" variant? (evil grin)

BTW my ex-showroom price prediction-

28 lakhs- Low
30 lakhs- High manual
32 lakhs- High auto

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 20th January 2022 at 13:18.
achyutaghosh is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 13:30   #319
BHPian

If the OTR of Hilux ends up 10 lakhs lesser than the Fortuner for top variants, I regard it a good pricing. Toyota is giving the bigger engine and in the full state of tune as the Fortuner. I particularly love the red shade.
Old 20th January 2022, 13:41   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
If the OTR of Hilux ends up 10 lakhs lesser than the Fortuner for top variants, I regard it a good pricing. Toyota is giving the bigger engine and in the full state of tune as the Fortuner. I particularly love the red shade.
Why do we think this will be lower than Fortuner? Toyota will launch this as a lifestyle vehicle - 3rd or 4th car in multi-car garages and for the rich farmers.

I expect it to be priced on par with Fortuner.
pk1972 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 14:34   #321
BHPian

I hate these car launches without prices. What is the point? Customer is supposed to just gawk at the car and go back to their lives guessing the prices. Hope this kind of stupid practices do not get carried over into other sectors such as electronics. Can you imagine samsung or apple releasing a new products without pricing? The twitter memes alone would make them regret the switch.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 14:52   #322
Senior - BHPian

What interests me the most is with a feature list comprising of 8 inch infotainment, dual zone climate control and safety features like
Quote:
automatic differential lock, tyre angle monitor, limited-slip differential, front and rear parking sensors, rear camera, trailer sway control, drive star control, downhill assist control, hill assist control, vehicle stability control and active traction control
These two also occupy the similar real estate
- LED rear combi lamps
- Striking 18 inch alloy
- Sophisticated trapezoidal grille

I am not sure if anyone cares about this or even spares a glance but since this is industry wide there should be some reasoning I cannot see.

Last edited by shancz : 20th January 2022 at 14:56. Reason: addx
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:13   #323
BHPian

My pricing is - 16-18 and up to 22 for top end. Innova and Fortuner are also built on the same base but different price tags. Looking at Isuzu, it shouldn’t be 30 bracket and hopefully they start making them here and not CKD.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:23   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
My pricing is - 16-18 and up to 22 for top end.
Are you talking about half a Hilux or the full Hilux?
achyutaghosh is offline   (80) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:33   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
My pricing is - 16-18 and up to 22 for top end. Innova and Fortuner are also built on the same base but different price tags. Looking at Isuzu, it shouldn’t be 30 bracket and hopefully they start making them here and not CKD.
This pricing will be excluding optional engine, gearbox & may be chassis?

no offense to you, but Toyota India is so predictable if we evaluate their India strategy.

I do not understand like someone pointed out, why this life style vehicle is advertised as a premium luxury SUV for the riches?
starke is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:43   #326
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th January 2022 at 16:41.
sriny_blr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th January 2022, 15:49   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydealhunter View Post
I hate these car launches without prices. What is the point? Customer is supposed to just gawk at the car and go back to their lives guessing the prices. Hope this kind of stupid practices do not get carried over into other sectors such as electronics. Can you imagine samsung or apple releasing a new products without pricing? The twitter memes alone would make them regret the switch.
Couldn't agree with you more!! In the day and age of social media when every other day, we are seeing something new on our devices, showing customers something and then asking them to wait a month or two just to know how much they will have to shell out for it doesn't make any kind of sense. Slavia launch happened ages ago, Carens launch happened ages ago but no word on the pricing just people like you and me guessing how much it should be.. by the time prices are officially out, these car manufacturers might have to do a whole marketing campaign to let people know about their product again
Old 20th January 2022, 16:10   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
This is what the Excel file reads:
Attachment 2262453
Payload of 435 kg ?? Even regular cars do 500 for passengers and their luggage. I have driven the humble 2.0 litre TCIC Tata TL with more than a tonne in the cargo bay.

The sheet looks incorrect, at least on this part.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 16:31   #329
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I think Toyota is waiting for the union budget, which is expected on Feb 01, 2022; my guess is, even TKM top brass is clueless about the pricing.

I totally agree with the overall opinion in our forum and I'm also ref. these "priceless" launches. Not supporting Toyota blindly but I think if the GoI budget is the reason, Toyota can be justified...

Just my 2c.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 16:44   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Payload of 435 kg ?? Even regular cars do 500 for passengers and their luggage. I have driven the humble 2.0 litre TCIC Tata TL with more than a tonne in the cargo bay.

The sheet looks incorrect, at least on this part.
Beyond a certain payload, cannot be registered for white board. I think VCross has payload of around 270-300Kilos. In reality should be able to carry lot more.
PrideRed is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed