Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 14:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Isuzu BS6 stock coming next month

Isuzu's dealers are expecting BS6-compliant stocks of the D-Max, V-Cross and MU-X to arrive in the month of September.

Earlier this year, we had reported that Isuzu had postponed the launch of its BS6 vehicles to Q2 of 2020-21 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Now, a few dealers have reported that the new cars can be expected in the next month.

For the time being, dealers are selling BS4 vehicles which they had registered in their names before the deadline. Discounts of Rs. 1 lakh - 1.5 lakh on BS4 prices are offered on these vehicles along with a free 3 year / 1 lakh km maintenance package. The buyers will be second owners on paper in such cases.

The government of India had mandated March 31, 2020 as the deadline for the registration of BS4 vehicles. Only BS6-compliant vehicles have been on sale from April 1, 2020, barring the exception where the Supreme Court had allowed limited sale of unsold BS4 stock.

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-isuzuvcross01.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 18th August 2020 at 15:02.
blackwasp is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 07:03   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Isuzu BS6 stock coming next month

And considering the large engine size, they will come with the AdBlue tank + treatment too. Expect a price increase of 50k if Isuzu wants to be reasonable, or 1 lakh if it wants to rip off customers.

Weird how large organisations such as these miss out on clearly provided (BS6) deadlines, despite ample warning. Heck, even giant Maruti didn't have its 1.5L diesel ready. Inexcusable!
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 10:04   #3
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Isuzu BS6 stock coming next month

I really hope that Isuzu launches the new version with the 3.0L engine with the 4x4 AT as they have done in Australia.

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-phase2_reveal_grille.jpg
jalajprakash is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website

In August 2020, we had reported that Isuzu's BS6 stock could be arriving in the month of September. Now, the carmaker has released a teaser image on the official website.

The image appears to be of the D-Max pick-up truck with commercial registration. Apart from the V-Cross and the MU-X, the Isuzu brand is popular in the commercial segment as well, with offerings like the D-Max pickup up, D-Max twin cab and D-Max flat deck and cab-chassis variants. These commercial offerings were powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine which produced 78 BHP @ 3,800 rpm and 176 Nm @ 1,800-2,400 rpm. In BS6 guise, the engine should have a similar output.

Earlier this year, we had reported that Isuzu had postponed the launch of its BS6 vehicles to Q2 of 2020-21 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Dealers are currently only selling BS4 vehicles which they had registered in their names before the deadline. Discounts of Rs. 1 lakh - 1.5 lakh on BS4 prices are being offered on these vehicles along with a free 3 year / 1 lakh km maintenance package. The buyers will be second owners on paper in such cases.

Thanks to Ajay kumar Kommaraju for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-image.png

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 9th October 2020 at 10:07.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website

Would there be any significant changes to the MU-X in the BS6 avatar, or is it just about BS6 compliance with similar power/torque figures?
Old 9th October 2020, 12:03   #6
BHPian

The lifestyle vehicle trend which has been revived since the release of the new Thar. Isuzu should've tried to maximize on it by releasing the Thailand variant of the D-max which looks smashing and has far superior interiors. I hope that the international variant is at least in the pipeline for the coming years.
Gixxy.danger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:13   #7
BHPian

Let us hope they are adding 1.9 liter engine with variable geometry turbo (internationally available) this time, instead just upgrading the old engine to BS6 norms. The old engine was too weak for a vehicle of this size.

A price correction will do wonders to this vehicle considering the Lifestyle cars are getting edge nowadays. A cheaper base model can also launched as we know that the commercial DMax is worth (less than) half the price with the same engine.
Old 9th October 2020, 14:05   #8
BHPian

What's with manufacturers showing teasers for just a small update of products available for quite a long time. Isn't it funny that there are teasers for rebadged/sporty/black editions nowadays? This trend really gets my goat.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 19:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu D-Max teasers

Old 10th October 2020, 19:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu D-Max BS6 to be launched on October 14

Isuzu is gearing up to launch BS6-compliant D-Max and S-Cab pick-up trucks on October 14, 2020.

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-isuzu.jpg

Earlier this week, Isuzu had released a teaser image of the D-Max BS6 on its official website. Both versions of the pick-up truck are expected to be powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. In BS4 guise, this motor produced 78 BHP @ 3,800 rpm and 176 Nm @ 1,800-2,400 rpm.

The launch of Isuzu's BS6 range had been delayed due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. Dealers have been selling BS4 vehicles which they had registered in their names before the deadline. These vehicle are being offered with heavy discounts along with a free 3 year / 1 lakh km maintenance package.

Isuzu also offers the V-Cross and MU-X in India. However, it is unclear as to when the BS6 versions of these models will arrive.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 16:20   #11
Team-BHP Support

Earlier this month, Isuzu had momentarily uploaded a teaser for the next-gen V-Cross pickup truck on its website. This teaser was taken off and replaced by the one for the BS6 compliant versions of the D-Max commercial pickup trucks. Later the company announced that it would launch the vehicles on October 14, 2020.

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-4c69e76d11d9bd6dd908f6dc96120cc7.0.jpg

The V-Cross is based on the next-gen D-Max that was unveiled in Thailand in October 2019. It is powered by 1.9-litre and 3.0-litre diesel engines. The 3.0L engine produces 188 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and 450 Nm @ 1,600-2,600 rpm. It is paired to a 6-speed manual transmission and a four-wheel drive system.

Isuzu has not yet announced a date for the launch of the new V-Cross.

Thanks to Pradeep for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 16:23.
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 21:20   #12
BHPian

Boy o boy Really excited that from the teaser it is indeed the next gen VCross.
What I have read so far is that globally its quite more expensive than its predecessor. With the new Thar coming in I am not sure there would be too many takers in the lifestyle segment for the new VCross if they dont price it sensibly. Of course I prefer the VCross anyday owing to its proper 5 seat configuration, Japanese reliability.
Drawbacks are of course the bouncy rear leafspring, which has been sorted by the Thar, and that painful parking experience (again +1 for Thar).
I just hope that the top of the line Thar and VCross have a price difference of not more that 6 to 7 lacs. Fingers crossed.
Old 13th October 2020, 11:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_7 View Post
With the new Thar coming in I am not sure there would be too many takers in the lifestyle segment for the new VCross if they dont price it sensibly
While both Thar and VCross are "lifestyle" vehicles, I don't expect a lot of cross-shopping here given these two vehicles cater to different tastes/requirements. While the Thar would let aspiring jeepers live their dream, the VCross would be preferred by folks who are more into overlanding kind of trips and/or load hauling duties (farmhouse, etc.)

On a related note, anyone has any news on the new MU-X?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 20:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
On a related note, anyone has any news on the new MU-X?
Just heard from my SA that only commercial range will be launched this Thursday. V-Cross and MU-X will be launched next month. Before covid, he shared info that BS6 MU-X would be based on AU/PH ONYX variant but I would take that info with pinch of salt.
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 11:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

The interior has been revised as well on the BS6 Isuzu D-Max.

- New multi-information display
- gear shift indicator

The new D-Max is offered in 3 variants -

- Cab Chassis
- Standard 1240 kg payload capacity
- Super Strong 1710 kg payload capacity
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-is1.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-is2.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-is3.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-i1.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-i2.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-i3.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-i4.jpg  

Scoop! Isuzu D-Max BS6 teaser live on website-i9.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 14th October 2020 at 12:07.
RM Motorsports is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks