Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 20:31   #1816
BANNED

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Once you get hooked to sunfilms, It's very hard to drive without it, don't know whether it's a game planned by sunfilm manufactures or this is reality & it will stays like this forever hmm..
Old 18th May 2012, 20:48   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Once you get hooked to sunfilms, It's very hard to drive without it, don't know whether it's a game planned by sunfilm manufactures or this is reality & it will stays like this forever hmm..
Definetly will not stay like this

There is a direct impact to the 150 crore sun-film industry and also an Indirect impact on raw-material suppliers, sales & marketing folks, retailers, installers and even the Tea & snacks supplier to people working in sun film industry.

I am sure this would be rolled back to 50/70.

Look at it this way - SC banned sunfilms for thier color tint and not for its heat rejection property. So Technically If i invent a 100% VLT film, Govt would/should not have a concern.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 21:03   #1818
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Till the rule is reversed, I am planning to use the Vaccuum Cup Shades for the side glass and roller shades for the front glass. One step more would be to install curtains inside the car. Technically no policeman can stop you as the law does not describe "privacy" warrants a fine.
IMHO, curtains are not allowed by law. The shades are however allowed. Again, dont ask me the rationale behind this..
Old 18th May 2012, 21:05   #1819
BHPian

Bangalore Police Interceptor vehicle: http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...nterceptor.jpg

LOL!!

I checked in HSR 3M yesterday and they are not removing films that aren't 3M. Pratham Motors are charging 600 bucks for the removal and I'm thinking to buy a good branded steam iron for 800 bucks and DIY! ;-)
Old 18th May 2012, 21:11   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I see conflicting reports of the deadline extension in Bangalore to June 5. Can someone confirm if its actually extended?

I will feel like driving a topless car if I remove the sun films.
Its 5th June for Bangalore, but now minimum fine is Rs 300/-. Its better to get used to drive without films. Bangalore Police has given enough time to the public to remove films, not like NCR, more in Delhi, where S Garg sees every human being(who drives a car) as a criminal.
asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 21:14   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Definetly will not stay like this

There is a direct impact to the 150 crore sun-film industry and also an Indirect impact on raw-material suppliers, sales & marketing folks, retailers, installers and even the Tea & snacks supplier to people working in sun film industry.

I am sure this would be rolled back to 50/70.

Look at it this way - SC banned sunfilms for thier color tint and not for its heat rejection property. So Technically If i invent a 100% VLT film, Govt would/should not have a concern.
Technically let some one come up with 100% VLT films with super good heat rejection property. I dont understand why there soo much hue and cry about this law being passed. I am sure the SC has examined all possibilities before framing this law, let us respect it. It is better to get scotched in the sun rather hearing news about crime. Try to understand POV of a victim in car with tinted glass then you will learn to appreciate the law.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:26   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Technically let some one come up with 100% VLT films with super good heat rejection property. I dont understand why there soo much hue and cry about this law being passed. I am sure the SC has examined all possibilities before framing this law, let us respect it. It is better to get scotched in the sun rather hearing news about crime. Try to understand POV of a victim in car with tinted glass then you will learn to appreciate the law.
Sorry to disagree with you, I don't think all possibilities have been kept in mind while passing the order, Mr. Abhisek Goenka came up with some actual and some junk observations and there was no party to object the PIL, hence we see such an order, no disrespect to the highest court but an order of that court may have areas for improvement thats why there are division bench then full bench then constitutional bench. Else why keep 3 more bench? I don't want to point out missed points for sunfilms, let the parties who are getting affected by the order more than me file a review(my loss is 10K + 10 Ltrs Fuel more /month + cost of sunscream + new good sun glass) hardly 50k, there are parties who could loose their entire fortune if sunfilms are banned.

Last edited by asdon : 18th May 2012 at 21:28.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 21:27   #1823
BHPian

Deadlines in Bangalore extended till 5th June 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I see conflicting reports of the deadline extension in Bangalore to June 5. Can someone confirm if its actually extended?

I will feel like driving a topless car if I remove the sun films.

The Hindu : Cities / Bangalore : Sun film removal deadline extended till June 5

Deadline to remove sun films extended to June 5
Waggy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 21:29   #1824
BHPian

So, finally got rid of the sunfilm. I wasn't aware of the June 5th extension, but hey, it had to come off someday. No point in delaying the inevitable!
I decided it would be a DIY project and I'm pretty happy with the results
Tools used: Colin and a rubber squeegee
Time taken: 30 min

I must say there are some positives:
  • Driving at night on poorly lit roads is definitely better.
  • You would also stay dry on rainy, dark nights. With sunfilms on (not very dark ones BTW), I had to roll down the windows a bit due to poor visibility. Now, your windows can be rolled up completely and no problem with visibility or rain water getting inside.
I was feeling "hot" after a drive in the afternoon.

Last edited by bblost : 18th May 2012 at 22:29. Reason: Rule 11. Please refer the announcements sections. Thanks.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:30   #1825
BHPian

Bangalore Traffic Police have extended the deadline to 5th June.

Source:
The Hindu

and BTP's FB page:
BTP FB
Old 18th May 2012, 21:49   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I don't know about that.
Almost every morning, the interceptor is there on DND, but they ain't stopping anyone down the road as they used to.

Wonder if its just for deterrence, if what you're saying is right.
Its called interceptor for a reason, its supposed to chase and challan on the spot IMO.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:55   #1827
BHPian

We are not alone. I just found this

This picture is of specific interest.
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-car_tint_headline_jpg_68964.jpg

Please note that the picture is taken from outside the car. Hope this is useful for some of us to get a visual reference

Rajan

Edit: The first slice lettering hidden by TBHP logo reads 50%

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th May 2012 at 00:02. Reason: Removed edit comments as per 3rd edit. Thanks
PatchyBoy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 22:19   #1828
BHPian

Its useless discussing how bad India's condition is. What is advisable now is to get the law amended to allow films with regulations. As long as CMVR stays in its original form, films are going to be added and removed and money wasted. The law needs to be reviewed and amended to accomodate the word "sun film" so that finally we have something good.
Like making films permissible for rear windows to ensure privacy of passengers and also allowing front windshield filming upto a specified limit to prevent the glare from oncoming vehicles without causing a major safety risk. Thats how it is in many other countries. Hope 3m and other filmmakers push for such an amendment in the parliament.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 00:11   #1829
BHPian

So an extension it is. Too bad I will not be around from next week till mid June to see how things unfold here!

On a different note, not wanting to argue, I feel that dark tints will do little to reduce the sort of crimes they described in the media. I wish a large number of tinted vehicles co-operate and gather for a 'save the tint' drive across all cities to send a message to the concerned authorities. A kind of revolution perhaps.

Cheers!
Rohan

Last edited by rjalihal : 19th May 2012 at 00:12. Reason: speeling error rectified. Sentence formation corrected.
Old 19th May 2012, 00:13   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos

Its called interceptor for a reason, its supposed to chase and challan on the spot IMO.
Hmmm.
It may be called an interceptor, but I know its definitely not equipped to chase even a speeding rickshaw.
Interceptor teams literally set up house.
The intercepting is done by flat foots further down the road.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks