Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 14:55   #2626
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Get the top 4-5inches of your windscreen sunfilmed with super-dark film. Like a amby taxi i dont think thats illegal, planning to do it in my AG.
I had that, and removed it since its not OE and didn't want to shelve out 100 bucks to cops for that strip. That really was a boon though.

I would be ok if they allow the patti with front door glass sunfilm

Actually its a brilliant idea right, how many multi tasking criminal drivers are out there??
Old 12th June 2012, 15:02   #2627
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Couldnt help but post

Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-197643_4182245120332_1648284451_n.jpg

By the way just drove from M.G. road to my office in ORR, Ecospace and saw cops stopping speeding vehicles on ORR but not for having dark films.
Alter_Ego is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 15:04   #2628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
One more problem for traffic police. The movie stars have removed sun-films in their cars. Guess what? They are being mobbed by people at traffic junctions, to have a glimpse, get autograph, get photo etc. The traffic was held up for half an hour at one such instance.

Black film tinted glass banned supreme court order - Oneindia Kannada
Aren't Movie stars allowed sun-films under Z category security?
Old 12th June 2012, 15:07   #2629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
For that you dont have to be a movie star, all Z category would get exempt i guess.
Old 12th June 2012, 15:09   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Movie stars come under Z categoy security
I wasn't aware.What threat do they have.I guess Sunny Deol might have after he released Gadar.
But why others.LOL.
Alter_Ego is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 15:10   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I had that, and removed it since its not OE and didn't want to shelve out 100 bucks to cops for that strip. That really was a boon though.

I would be ok if they allow the patti with front door glass sunfilm

Actually its a brilliant idea right, how many multi tasking criminal drivers are out there??
You really need not have bothered with removing the shade strip on the top of your windscreen. All taxis, without exception, have that shade strip. In their case, it is not even sun film but totally opaque reflective paper stuck on the top of the glass, on which they proffer thanks to their God, Mother, Father, advertise their services, etc etc. I don't see any of them removing that shade band, and I don't see cops bothered about it.
Old 12th June 2012, 15:14   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
For that you dont have to be a movie star, all Z category would get exempt i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
I wasn't aware.What threat do they have.I guess Sunny Deol might have after he released Gadar.
But why others.LOL.
I agree - then I am curious to know why the movie star mentioned in the post removed sub-film in the frst place. The comissioner / DGP would have issued a certificate to the star, permitting usage of sun-films.

A coincidence - to the best of my knowledge we do not have any movie stars in TBHP . Hope even movie stars join TBHP. There is so much usful info here.
Old 12th June 2012, 15:15   #2633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
But why others.LOL.
Lol even i was confused when i read it first, but i guess they also need to get a permission. ie the special category people in xyz categories of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
You really need not have bothered with removing the shade strip on the top of your windscreen.
==========
I don't see any of them removing that shade band, and I don't see cops bothered about it.
Yeah i should have, but then it was looking more odd on the white car. Then the reason mentioned above ^^ After the pain of ripping the rest, why take a chance with the law, just coz of a small band. And in swift it doesn't come oe in any models.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th June 2012 at 15:18.
Old 12th June 2012, 15:28   #2634
BHPian

The Hindu : NATIONAL / KARNATAKA : Did Supreme Court verdict err on banning sun films?

I think this article is a real eye opener on one aspect. The VLT was designed in the Motor act for the driver visibility (for someone inside the car to get a good view of his/her surroundings) and not for outside in view. Now this is breaking news to me! How can the SC get it wrong? Also does the SC have the jurisdiction to create law? by banning films it feels like they have modified the Motor Act. Does the legislature only have the power in our democracy to make amendments to a law?
Somehow I am getting a feeling that the SC might modify its order.
On the lighter side (with no particular political bias), I know the govt in the center is in a policy paralysis, does not mean that SC judges should take the responsibilities on!
Old 12th June 2012, 15:38   #2635
BHPian

Even if the supreme court has erred, nothing can be done till the vacation is over. Which I guess ends on 1st of July. So nearly 20 more days left, the police has free hand to ensure that every one has removed the sunfilms. So I am just hoping that I dont get fined till that time, although there are very remote chance of that happening.

Slightly OT:
I wonder what this TBHP member has done. By removing the sunfilms, he may have to put an end to teh hanky panky that he was planning.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...uld-i-buy.html
vnk77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 15:53   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Even if the supreme court has erred, nothing can be done till the vacation is over. Which I guess ends on 1st of July. So nearly 20 more days left, the police has free hand to ensure that every one has removed the sunfilms. So I am just hoping that I dont get fined till that time, although there are very remote chance of that happening.

Slightly OT:
I wonder what this TBHP member has done. By removing the sunfilms, he may have to put an end to teh hanky panky that he was planning.

Thanks for showing the thread, a hilarious one. Think he might have removed the sun films too.
Old 12th June 2012, 16:16   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77

Slightly OT:

Rofl what a thread that was. And you should read all his posts. He did start a new thread after the hanky panky business. I only wish i could advise him to get the punto. Bellissimo hankypanky.
Old 12th June 2012, 16:27   #2638
BHPian

Was that a closed thread? Hilarious one. We should have more of those!!!
Old 12th June 2012, 20:56   #2639
BHPian

Guys, I have two questions:

(1) Am I obliged to pay a fine if my sun film conforms with the spec mentioned by Motor vehicles act? Isn't this act made by the parliament and hence supreme? The spec made by law is very clear. How can a judge override that, make his own law and subjugate people?

(2) What about health implications? Now a days, people drive long distances in India too. Under the blistering tropical sun, devoid of sun films, there are serious health hazards involved like chances of getting sun burn or even skin cancer. I know many people whose skin is quite allergic to sun when overexposed. This verdict is mindless of those implications as well

Last edited by B103 : 12th June 2012 at 21:04.
Old 12th June 2012, 21:04   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Guys, I have two questions:
(1) Am I obliged to pay a fine if my sun film confirms with the spec mentioned by Motor vehicles act? Isn't this act made by the parliament? The spec made by law is very clear. How can a judge override that and make his own law and force that on people?
You are partially correct. The SC cannot make a law. Having said that, until and unless the SC ruling is challenged and stayed / quashed, it is a ruling and the police are bound to abide by it. If you are stopped for having film on your windows until then, yes you are obliged to pay the fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
(2) What about health implications? People drive long distances now a days in India. Under the hot sun without any sun film, there are health hazards involved like chances of getting sun burn or even skin cancer. I know many people whose skin is quite allergic to sun when overexposed. This verdict is mindless of those implications as well
At the risk of being ridiculed again, yes, you are right. There are many ripple effects that have not been considered in this ruling. Harmful effects of exposure to sun is one of them. I guess you have no choice but to use a sun screen till such time this ruling is reversed. SPF 15 should suffice unless you are very allergic to sun, in which case, please consult with a dermatologist.

Hope this helps.

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks