Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 11:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Any links or newspaper articles with the exact wording of the Order?
Old 27th March 2007, 11:51   #17
BHPian

For a larger cause it is right and it had to be done sooner or later..!

Think of it this way, When Few choose the Tints to do what is not socially acceptable, Then the way is to reform the entire society by enforcing these laws.

Which makes me wonder- You need tints for cooling Yes...! But You also need tints to Make out on a lonely strech, You need to hide your Haywards or Blenders from Unsuspecting people when driving around..!
You need to hide talking on cellphones, You need to hide your legally permissable age, and More..!

Is it only the people that have tints enjoy superior AC comfort, What about others who have driven for years without Tints- We also have Ac's and or cars cool great..if your does'nt then get your AC serviced..!
Old 27th March 2007, 12:04   #18
Team-BHP Support

Agree with you wolf. Considering the number of people who use cars as getaway vehicles to commit crimes, we should ban cars too. After all our ancestors managed so well with bullock carts.
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2007, 12:07   #19
Team-BHP Support

Bullock carts? Soon we wud have Maneka ji n gang aginst use of bullocks in the name of cruelty to them... walking a much better option.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2007, 12:08   #20
Team-BHP Support

Only illegal tints are banned I think
The Hindu : New Delhi News : Ban use of dark tinted film on cars: High Court
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2007, 12:10   #21
BHPian

Do Mention the Other Fine List Changes :
  1. Jumping Red Light @ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  2. Crossing Stop Line@ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  3. Tinted Glasses @ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  4. Faulty Number Plate @ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  5. Unauthorised Parking @ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  6. Overspeeding @ Rs. 900 from Rs.400 earlier
  7. No Seat-Belt @ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  8. Honking in No Horn Zone @ Rs. 600 from Rs.100 earlier
  9. Drunken Driving @ Rs. 685 from Rs.185 earlier
  10. Dangerous Driving @ Rs. 1500 from Rs.1000 earlier
  11. Usage of Mobile while driving @ Rs.1500 from Rs.1000 earlier
A flat compounding fee of Rs.500 with each of these fines makes it the new amount.

For example The No seat belt challan amount was Rs.100, The fine still remains the same Rs.100 but Rs.500 are charged extra for Compounding.

No Tints at All- No longer 30 % permissiable- All tints to be removed, Action will be taken against Car Accessories dealers who are selling Tints..!

All Hikes and Enforcement from 9 April 2007.

Special Committee to be instilled by Delhi HC Bench to Allot Tinted Glass Permission Seal and Stickers to VIP Goverment Vehicles.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 27th March 2007 at 12:20.
wolfinstein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2007, 12:13   #22
Team-BHP Support

The interesting part here is that the government was against increasing the fines amount. Read the TOI article on the same for details.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:13   #23
BHPian

No yaar, Don't get me wrong..I'm not saying that we should dissolve our standards of living and move back into Primitive society, I'm only suggesting that it is a better option to try reformist solution and Teach the Delhi Citizens a lesson or two in Road Manners and Civil Manners which is very much lacking..!

The goverment was against any ammendments in the Motor Vehicle Act, that is why a compounding fee is added to each fine making it the new amount.

This revenue will now be used for Traffic modernization. As claimed by the Honourable Bench.

All I'm saying is that if by taking such punitive actions we can improve India's Road Sense..Then Why not...Each day is making it the worse managed country on Road Sense..! Infact the only commendable place I have seen perfect system of Traffic regulation was Pondicherry..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 27th March 2007 at 12:23.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:28   #24
SuperSyn

It is bad enough that tints are being banned.

But what makes my blood boil is how 'VIPs' will be allowed to have tinted glasses. Moral of the story: Let common people suffer, as long as VIPs and VVIPs enjoy privacy and comfort.

This country is being destroyed by this nexus of lowlife politicians, babus and judges. We would be better under the British rule.

Old 27th March 2007, 12:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

So it's more dangerous to talk on the mobile phone than it is to drive while drunk? Atleast that's what they imply by that list of fines.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
But what makes my blood boil is how 'VIPs' will be allowed to have tinted glasses. Moral of the story: Let common people suffer, as long as VIPs and VVIPs enjoy privacy and comfort.
IMO this is not the right perspective to view the things. We know the obvious reasons for allowing VIP to go ahead with dark glasses.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:34   #27
BHPian

Yeh Aaam Admi ki Sarkaar hai..! What can you expect.

IMHO along with the fines, the court should have ordered for more recruitments into Delhi Traffic Police and Delhi Police Departments, So as the Traffic and Law & Order situation should improve.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 27th March 2007 at 12:36.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
So it's more dangerous to talk on the mobile phone than it is to drive while drunk? Atleast that's what they imply by that list of fines.
I think its more common to see men/women on mobile phone while driving. They will get more revenue and law will prevent them using rather misusing mobiles.
Old 27th March 2007, 12:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
Thanks, dceite!

The wording is very clear. ALL tints are banned. :(
Old 27th March 2007, 13:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
For a larger cause it is right and it had to be done sooner or later..! Think of it this way, When Few choose the Tints to do what is not socially acceptable, Then the way is to reform the entire society by enforcing these laws.
I think you have a valid point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Is it only the people that have tints enjoy superior AC comfort, What about others who have driven for years without Tints- We also have Ac's and or cars cool great..if your does'nt then get your AC serviced..!
Having always driven without any tints, I do not have any complaints about a/c cooling. But for those that have any issues, I guess there are clear tints which block the sun without hampering visibility (I think Samurai has those on his car). These could be an option.

However, if such a rule is enforced, it should be applicable to one and all. No exemption for anyone, however VIP he/she is. I do not see any reason why someone should be exempted when the law does not allow it for the general public.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks