Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
read the last para specifically.
"For the reasons afore-stated, we prohibit the use of black
films of any VLT percentage or any other material upon the
safety glasses, windscreens (front and rear) and side glasses of
all vehicles throughout the country. The Home Secretary,
Director General/Commissioner of Police of the respective
States/Centre shall ensure compliance with this direction.
The directions contained in this judgment shall become
operative and enforceable with effect from 4 th May, 2012"
Does this mean that all companies that make / sell glass tints will now shut shop?
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:50   #347
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

First they make us remove the films. After 3 months, when everything cools off, we go & fix the films again!

Crores made, Lakhs shared.

I really love our India.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 05:42   #348
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Does this mean that all companies that make / sell glass tints will now shut shop?
ya i guess so, did you put tints on your a4?
Old 3rd May 2012, 05:49   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
No. The companies manufacture film for other applications/uses also - like for buildings. Film for automobiles is just one component of their business.
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:14   #350
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

I want some kind of film on the windows, i don't want the thin unlaminated window glass glass shatter and rain on my face if something hits it. Let me see if i can find some high VLT non tinted film.
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:16   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
First they make us remove the films. After 3 months, when everything cools off, we go & fix the films again!

Crores made, Lakhs shared.

I really love our India.
Looks like the local papers also mentioned about this. 3 days left to remove the films!

Decided to remove them?
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:19   #352
Senior - BHPian

Strange country!!

Lowhip Jeans, tank tops and Sunfilms is the leading cause for rape and prostitution. God Save India!
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:44   #353
BHPian

This is just awesome. Just a month ago, I got VKools 99% heat rejection tints installed which costed me a bomb and by bomb I mean close to 28000 INR. Now the Honourable SC wants me to flush that kind of money down the drain? Kudos to the apex law making authority.

With such absurd judgement passed, I can't help but speculate the future ones. "The SC hereby bans the use of any form of air conditioning in cars as from effective tomorrow onwards windows of cars need to remain open at all times."

And maybe a few years down the line "Due to the increasing cases of illegal and criminal activities carried out in automobiles, only cabriolets and convertibles shall be allowed on the roads thereby promoting impeccable visibility to the pandus on the roads. Citizens are expected to dispose off their current vehicles within 3 days failing which their roof and pillars will be sliced off"
lamboguy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:18   #354
Senior - BHPian

I checked with 3M HSR Layout Bangalore and they mention Sunfilms with VLT 70% in the front and 50% for the sides and rear are allowed as per the new law.

Either the law is comprehended incorrectly or written that way for the police to make money or the companies are not aware of the tsunami! :-)

Why dont we have a poll on this?
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:33   #355
Senior - BHPian

what about some top end cars which have OEM tinted glasses? is that not considered a security threat?. Most of the crime community ( politicos) have highend cars which have tinted glass, will the police break the windscreen of such cars?. It is always the common man who is put into all these stupid pressures.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:34   #356
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Here is the AD in HT New Delhi. it clears the air atleast in Delhi. I am not driving my Safari for a week , wanna see if there is some respite form this order !

Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-20120503047.jpg
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:44   #357
Senior - BHPian

soniya in her car

muted PM in his car

Will they remove these tints too?

Last edited by geeash : 3rd May 2012 at 09:45.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:46   #358
Senior - BHPian

Generally the crimes are also committed with stolen vehicles. What if a high end car with factory fitted tinted glasses gets stolen and gets used for a crime. Whats Next then? SOS God!

After Monday, nothing regarding this has been featured in TOI, Mumbai Edition. Anyone else got any information from any other newspapers or other source?
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:50   #359
Team-BHP Support

Will this be like the HSRP ruling they had earlier which was supposed to have been implemented across various states already? That too was under the premise that crimes against women use cars with fake number plates. How far have we progressed on that front?
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:51   #360
Senior - BHPian

Any information of this rule being implemented forcibly Friday onwards in Bangalore? Should we remove it or what?

I'm gonna use my bike for a while till things cool off and we've some sort of clarity. Will be fun riding in the heat!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks