Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:42   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Apologies. However, I am still a bit stone blind and do not see the logic! Are our cops equipped with night vision cameras, maintaining strict vigil etc wherein, in course of their duty (while on the beat), they were unable to identify some criminals because the car had tints?
In a country so huge, with so many cars rolling out everyday, and crunch of manpower, integrity and the lack of initiative/accountibility even on part of drivers (BHP-ians excluded) talking about night vision and honest cops is a bit far fetched, we will get there someday, but not anytime soon.

I do believe it is easier to beat logic when we are not in a position to understand the rationale behind it. I do believe none of us ranting about this law here are forensic,law enforcement or legal experts. We all have our layman opinions and logics - as you said about night visibility, terrorists et al - I agree on them - but we are not experts. I believe there must be experts who influenced this decision - and the hon'ble judges too have I'm sure a rationale thought behind the judgement. Also seeing the enthusiasm and welcome Delhi Police has shown this decision, I do believe it will be enforced to its full force. So its best not to take law in our own hands, get the films removed rather than have frustrated cops doing it (they might damage glass/defogger/body in the process). Also, I would suggest that we don't judge the court or its intent, integrity or skill. If anyone has issues, please appeal - appeal is the most powerful tool of our judicial system, many misuse it, if you feel wrong is happening, you could use it for the right cause!

Cheers!

Note from Support - Please refrain from quoting a full lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd May 2012 at 16:46.
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:57   #407
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
For those who are in doubt, here is the copy which Bangalore police seems to be following from tomorrow..
For the benefit of those who cannot read Kannada, could you please translate this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:08   #408
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

, I got a Kannada translator in my team, the meaning which he could discover was, if your car looks too dark from outside cops are going to stop you, if you are within applicable limits, no need to worry.

Best is to carry some kind of certificate from the sunflim brand you got for VLT %. The fine is going to be from Rs 100/- to Rs 300/-
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:13   #409
BHPian

Quote:
, I got a Kannada translator in my team, the meaning which he could discover was, if your car looks too dark from outside cops are going to stop you, if you are within applicable limits, no need to worry.

Best is to carry some kind of certificate from the sunflim brand you got for VLT %. The fine is going to be from Rs 100/- to Rs 300/-
Any idea if the cops will start peeling it out if you are caught?

My Beat's glasses have a GM stamp with 70% written on them, should suffice as a certificate I hope.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:15   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Any idea if the cops will start peeling it out if you are caught?

My Beat's glasses have a GM stamp with 70% written on them, should suffice as a certificate I hope.
Yes, they will remove it on the spot, if found out of limit
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:25   #411
BHPian

Oh my god!!! Now I am in real trouble, my lancer has all its glasses completely BLACKED OUT. Even my windsheild is tinted Have not had trouble with the cops yet though! Is there a fine of some sort or will they just rip off the tints
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:27   #412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I think we all are overreacting with too much passion. The hon'ble bench at the hon'ble SC should not be undermined - they do know what they are doing and why they are doing.

By speaking vehemently against the judgement or even openly claiming to not follow it is serious contempt of code.

If it bothers anyone/BHP-ians so much file an appeal and a parallel PIL, get a stay! I don't think it makes it impossible to sit in a car without tints even in peak Indian summers, even if this is a slight deterrent for crime on the move, I think its worth facing the heat.those rules have been implemented very well!
The notion of a "learned" judge being all-wise and unchallengeable is plain stupid and naivete. There is a whole book written on the short sightedness and foolhardy judgements passed by our HC or SC and lower court judges in today's India.

But yes PIL is the way to go.

--Rahul
Ragul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:55   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Cross linking threads till the mods do the needful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...l-illegal.html

Edit: My view on this topic. They are saying that the ruling is because of criminal activities against women. What about the women who need security from prying eyes? Just recently we had a member from here who was in the middle of just such a scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If this rule has come into action to stop offense against women in cars, then what about the houses? behind those closed doors where most offense takes place!

This rule will be a disaster for the sun-film industry and the people associated with it!
not to mention people who have spent big money on those expensive films!
Is this happening all over India, the crime? Was this based on some study?
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:58   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you look at the quote besides the article, the Joint Commissioner mentions that

"Without the device that could be used to test, it cant be proved even in a court if a dark colour film has been used"

"whether the glass should be the way it was manufactured or if someone can additionally have something over it will be decided after the rules are framed and only then it can be strictly enforced. "

The SC has passed a judgement, does it require some rules to be framed by respective states?

@jkdas, the judgement keeps mentioning about data obtained from States of Calcutta, TN and Delhi points to nexus between crime and sun films

Last edited by srishiva : 3rd May 2012 at 17:04.
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:02   #415
Senior - BHPian

Well this question only the SC can answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Is this happening all over India, the crime? Was this based on some study?
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:02   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
If you look at the quote besides the article, the Joint Commissioner mentions that

"Without the device that could be used to test, it cant be proved even in a court if a dark colour film has been used"

"whether the glass should be the way it was manufactured or if someone can additionally have something over it will be decided after the rules are framed and only then it can be strictly enforced. "

The SC has passed a judgement, does it require some rules to be framed by respective states?
Thats why E-city Traffic cops told that as of now they will let go, with acceptable amount of visibility, I sure when respective states tune it to their needs then no sun film fanda will apply, for KA.
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:17   #417
Senior - BHPian

All what Govt,Judiciary, Police and all other similar authorities can do is to fleece the general public who are not organised in any way? If they were so bothered about public safety, 75% of the commercial vehicles would not be running on our roads which won't pass the fitness tests. But they are organised to fight out any such moves.
So coming back to topic, honorable SC has discovered sun films are the greatest factor contributing to offences against woman.Great..!! Not poor policing, not poor convicition from Judiciary. So carry on this tughlaqian " ban-fleece-allow" cycle.

Last edited by poloman : 3rd May 2012 at 17:20.
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:31   #418
Senior - BHPian

I bet people gonna make money selling blinds/curtains now!

Cant believe that SC passed out such a rule without doing a proper study!
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:52   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
May someone please let me know how long does it take to remove a film, from the four windows of my car? And how do they remove it at the shops? May I do it myself on a Sunday morning or are there some special tools needed for the job?
Rahul da, are your tints beyond the prescribed limits? If they are within the limits, I would advise to wait it out for some time and see. Since mine are within the prescribed limits on the Vento visibility is pretty good and one can hardly make out the tints as I had got very light shades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
No Boss. I strongly believe in the Indian Judiciary/Police, that they will forget about this in a month. Let's wait & see.

I think TBHPians should sport bumper sticker "Kill Kasab; Not Sunfilms"
I think while this PIL was introduced in the SC by an interested party neither the department of transport nor the Delhi RTO made any representation to put forth their side of their arguments regarding existing visibility rules hence the judgement came out severely one sided. Someone can correct me if this assumption is incorrect. If one has light colored tints within the prescribed limits, visibility is not affected from my experience. Non-enforcement of existing rules have landed us here and I am sure the reason why the department of transport or the Delhi RTO might not have made any representation as a party to this case because the SC would have severely hauled them over the coals for non-enforcement of existing rules around films.

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 3rd May 2012 at 17:57.
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:16   #420
Senior - BHPian

This is what my gut feeling tell me (which is ofcourse shared by many others here):

From tomorrow onwards, Teams of police in Delhi & NCR will start nabbing the offenders (people with Sunfilms on their Cars) & fine them. The trend will catch up for some time & other states or city police will also try to fine people.

After couple of weeks, the dust will settle down & everyone will forget everything. Police will not check, Sunfilms manufacturers wll be back in business & unlucky Car Owners who got their Sunfilms removed will buy new Sunfilms (though a lighter shade) again.

This is what history tell us about any new rule in India. Apologies for being cynical.

Thanks,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks