Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 13:33   #511
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

I had put cr70 and cr50 on my new fortuner last month,just called up the dealer and he is unaware of such rule.
I travelled to my office in andheri east(mumbai) from west,no checking going on as of now!!
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 13:39   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

^^

How will police know if somebody has put films like CR70? Its completely transparent. Are they going to stop each and every vehicle and check if there are any films? Or are they randomly going to stop cars to feel for films? Its nothing but more harassment. Does hon'ble SC not know how corrupt our policewalas are? Its madness, this rule.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:43   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I had put cr70 and cr50 on my new fortuner last month,just called up the dealer and he is unaware of such rule.
I travelled to my office in andheri east(mumbai) from west,no checking going on as of now!!

Same with me, but I chose not to take my Fortuner until the coast is clear.

I have posted an article on this on my facebook, please give a "like" to support

Last edited by nitinbose : 4th May 2012 at 13:44.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:48   #514
Team-BHP Support

WARNING

Saw a couple of teams stopping cars, and removing the films on the ring road between South Campus and Lajpat Nagar.

You may want to drive with the windows rolled down
Old 4th May 2012, 13:53   #515
BHPian

Guys atleast in other states apart from Delhi, NCR the cops will not be that aggressive, cars with CR70 and lighter films which the cops can see inside during day time will not be harased. They will be very strict with Cabs ofcourse. When you see cops roll down all windows.HEH HEh

Last edited by s.prashanth : 4th May 2012 at 13:58.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:55   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
^^

How will police know if somebody has put films like CR70?
I have CR70 on front and RE35 on sides/rear. All the films have 3M logo. How can I remove 3M logo front the front CR70 so that cops might not notice it?

If I am stopped and my films are removed, I will be less sad if I could save at least front CR70.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:57   #517
BHPian

The next drive would be clear visor for helmets as the cops cannot see the personwearing the helmet, better still ban of full face helmets
Old 4th May 2012, 14:01   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
WARNING

Saw a couple of teams stopping cars, and removing the films on the ring road between South Campus and Lajpat Nagar.

You may want to drive with the windows rolled down
I was about to ask this question! How about checking if the windows are rolled down?

Later, will they ask us to switch on lights inside the cabin during night drives?
Old 4th May 2012, 14:02   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have CR70 on front and RE35 on sides/rear. All the films have 3M logo. How can I remove 3M logo front the front CR70 so that cops might not notice it?

If I am stopped and my films are removed, I will be less sad if I could save at least front CR70.
I'm sure the logo wont be so visible at a casual looking/ or looking at a moving vehicle. If there is a dark tint one can make out that there is a film. But CR70 is almost transparent. Its impossible to make out on a moving car.

I guess what will happen is, cops will just randomly stop people and see if there are any films. Its a problem with cops, especially in NCR region. I was once stopped in Gurgaon, just randomly and when cop saw that there was no problem with papers etc, he just casually said I was not wearing seat belt!!! I didnt agree as I always wear belts. Didnt pay him anything. He just kept me standing for some 10-15 mins after that got the drift and let me go as he had to catch other bakras.

I think people should be prepared for something similar. If you are stopped even without films, cops might make up some other excuse to fine you. Thats why I said, it is going to lead lot of harrassment (esp in NCR where cops are over-jealous to make money).

Also since most cops would be busy peeling off films, its fantastic opportunity for all criminals to become more active now! No more police to chase them.
Old 4th May 2012, 14:09   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Manufacturers will not provide cars with features which will be against the law of the land, hence the question of car's coming with dark/non standard (or greater the VLT allowed) tint does not arise. It would be similar to any other laws on Emission and/or Safety.
this would hold good for newer vehicles, yes. however, what about those prior to the 70/50 rule (and older)?
Old 4th May 2012, 14:09   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Same questioned was answered on the windshield films thread a while back.

It just wipes off!

Try a soft cotton or micro-fibre cloth with minimum moisture. If this does not remove it, then return to where you had it fitted: they will know what to use and will do it in a moment.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 14:16   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Just now saw on Star News that Delhi Traffic Police is removing films and issuing challans. :(
Yeah I just saw this news in detail now on Star News. I think the cops only started after rush hour traffic such that the honorable justices can reach court in time instead of having to spend the entire day on the road due to the madness unleasged by their own judgement .

One thing I noticed that they were only targeting cars with distinctly black tints and all the cars which were stopped shown on TV had very low VLT. They also mentioned they were only targeting cars with black tints. So it seems like at this time they are only implementing the 50/70 rule in the books for now. Thankfully my daily ride has the Llumar PP60 (green) and PP70 (clear) films and it is almost impossible to make out if the car windows have films on it.
Old 4th May 2012, 14:16   #523
BHPian

Quote:

Colin will do this job for you easily. I did realize it after some days of cleaning with it.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 14:22   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was told that the logos on films can be removed with cotton dabbed in a little brake oil.I have not tried this out yet so not sure.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 14:28   #525

Just returned from Dwarka side in Delhi. Traffic police (big group of 7-8) has put barricades and are stopping the cars with tinted glasses & removing them. Thankfully I took my santro which does not have tinted glasses. But seriously considering getting them removed from my Fluidic Verna after seeing the crude method with which the cops were removing the films.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed