Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 16:44   #556
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
So atleast in Kerala, it seems that if you have sunfilms with legal VLT, you are safe!
It will be all good in paper. Once you are stopped, be prepared to say goodbye to a few Gandhijis or worse, your sun film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
As per another news, KL DGP confirmed that no vehicle will be stopped for sun control film checking. They will first spread awareness and then start fining Rs. 100 per instance. Repeat offenders will have to release the vehicle through court.
One on side, I am hoping they would use the school kids (student police) as they are now doing to spread awareness first. On the practical side though, the same DGP issued a circular earlier outlining police conduct during traffic checks. Did any one thing get implemented in real time? So, I am going to keep a few hundred bucks extra all time from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
This news about Gurgaon was shared Yesterday that there will be 25 police teams for implementing this order in Gurgaon. Gurgaon Police is also becoming very active after recent increase in crime graph.
One assumes that such diligence and resource allocation to real policing would not have brought us to the current order in the first place. Sad.

Last edited by darklord : 4th May 2012 at 16:47.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:48   #557
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post

So, I am going to keep a few hundred bucks extra all time from now on.

I don't think you need to pay more than once, because if they stop you, they will take both Gandhiji & Sunfilm.
asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 16:50   #558
Senior - BHPian

Found this page on FB - https://www.facebook.com/movementagainstsc

Well am not removing the tints so soon ,i don't wanna get roasted in this heat.
Why stereotype a person having dark tints ? Whats the harm in wanting a little privacy on our busy roads ?

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 4th May 2012 at 16:53.
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 16:51   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I don't think you need to pay more than once, because if they stop you, they will take both Gandhiji & Sunfilm.
Nah. The first time, Gandhiji will "buy" me time to remove the film on my own. I don't have to draw you a diagram; after all, we are living in India.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:53   #560
Senior - BHPian

So instead of paying to your accessory store guys to remove your tints, you are paying the cop to do the same albeit in a non professional manner though.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:02   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I was told INR 1000 (yes, one thousand).
The fine is 100 bucks for dark tints but you might to remove the film before you can get your papers back.

EDIT: Just checked it's 1000 bucks

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th May 2012 at 17:19.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 17:11   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The fine is 100 bucks for dark tints but you might to remove the film before you can get your papers back.
No, first offence is 1000 and subsequent 2000

58 Use of dark tinted film/window glasses r.100(2)/ 190(2) 1000.00 2000.00
Untitled Page
arjun_crsce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 17:14   #563
Senior - BHPian

It seems bhpian spadix was fined.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2766883
Old 4th May 2012, 17:17   #564
BHPian

Saw a lot of people being fined near IGI airport and vehicles being impounded if people argued.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:32   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Got caught and fined at a junction where I've never seen a single cop in over 8 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

EDIT: Just checked it's 1000 bucks

Can someone confirm what's the exact fine amount? 1000 or 100? I am too afraid to take my car out, used my bike today!
Old 4th May 2012, 17:35   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Can someone confirm what's the exact fine amount? 1000 or 100? I am too afraid to take my car out, used my bike today!

Check rule no 58 on this link.. Untitled Page
arjun_crsce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 17:41   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The fine amount would depend on traffic police jurisdiction. It's Rs. 1000/- for Gurgaon as per Untitled Page

Here are the details of penalties for Delhi
Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Offences and Penalties of Delhi Traffic Police

Look up item#39 for tinted glass. It says Rs. 100/-.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 4th May 2012 at 18:02.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 17:45   #568
BHPian

Not seen cops checking in Bangalore (electronics city side). Lot of vehicles in our company is still with sun films. Not sure whether to remove or not ?
Old 4th May 2012, 17:57   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g
Not seen cops checking in Bangalore (electronics city side). Lot of vehicles in our company is still with sun films. Not sure whether to remove or not ?
In bangalore not yet started as such any drive by the cops. Travelled in south bangalore today (in an auto) even saw full blacked out cars parked right in front of police stations but noone was checking all that.
Hardly people are aware of this ruling other than us bhp-ians. My friends and colleagues had no idea about this at all.

Btw just read on the facebook link provided above regarding protest against the judgement that sun film companies had a heated argument today with Kapil Sibal and are going to file a PIL and a petition against this judgement. As posted on that facebook page. Please share that link people. They are posting updates as they come.

Heres the link shared above too

https://m.facebook.com/movementagain...943518543&_rdr

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 4th May 2012 at 17:59.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 17:58   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun_crsce View Post
Check rule no 58 on this link.. Untitled Page
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
The fine amount would depend on RTO. It's Rs. 1000/- for Gurgaon as per Untitled Page

Here are the details of penalties for Delhi
Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Offences and Penalties of Delhi Traffic Police

Look up item#39 for tinted glass. It says Rs. 100/-.
Thanks,

1000 rupees is too much!

Now I have one stupid query, Will Gurgaon cops stop my Delhi registered car? If yes then Can I escape the 1000 rupee fine by telling them that I am a visitor and not a resident? I know there are 'N' numbers of DL cars in Gurgaon and vice versa!

Or better option will be to remove Sun films . I am ready to wait and watch but can't give 1000 Rupees as a fine!

And is this page any reliable? https://www.facebook.com/movementagainstsc?filter=1

Quoting from this page

Quote:
Breaking News :- Garware , 3M , V Kool managers just had a meeting with Mr.Kapil Sibbal in New Delhi one hour ago . The meeting ended on a hot argument & the companies are saying their dealers & the customers not to worry . According to our sources A formal PIL petition is going to be filed against this decision on MONDAY morning in Supreme Court Of India. We will keep you updated, We are in contact with all companies & Ministry ..but until then please keep spreading & Sharing the page wherever you can .. !!

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th May 2012 at 18:00.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks