Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 15:18   #901

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Not sure if this was already posted
Film manufacturers are planning to appeal against the ban.

The head of marketing of Garware Suncontrol Film, Amit Thanekar said, “According to all State high courts, the use of sun film with 70 percent Visual Light Transmission (VLT) for the front and rear windscreens and 50 percent for the side glasses is permitted. We are planning to appeal against the Supreme Court ruling. We might collectively take a stance against it with other industry players.

Source: Sun film banned from May 19 - News - Autocar India
They would surely file an appeal against it, however not so soon. Waiting for a few days/weeks to get the ban implemented properly is in their favor only as everyone will get the sun films removed by then. A stay or modification in the rule to allow use of 50/70 VLT films will be a bonus for them as most of the people who are getting the sun films removed will go for them again once it is permitted. Win-Win situation for both the cops as well as Film manufacturers.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:33   #902
BANNED

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Removed all films from the car (Sides and Rear). It improved the visibility at night driving.

Removed the film using a Shaving blade , Colin and facial steamer . It came out nicely in one piece without leaving any mark.

The rear glass was equipped with defogger, so i played safe. I used the Facial steamer first on the film, Switched on the defogger for 5 min, Taken out one edge first, continued to use the steamer while peeling off which resulted a great result.

The film came off in once piece without leaving any mark on glass or damage to the defogger.

Taken 2 piece of film and sticked on both ORVM . Now no glare at night.
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:39   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion123 View Post
Unfortunately the cops don't take off all 4 windows plus the rear windscreen for u. They will challan you and rip off 1 of the glasses.
Haha, this will not happen with me.
In my mobile, I keep pictures of those traffic cops riding without helmet!!
ASHISHPALLOD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:58   #904
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion123 View Post
They would surely file an appeal against it, however not so soon. Waiting for a few days/weeks to get the ban implemented properly is in their favor only as everyone will get the sun films removed by then. A stay or modification in the rule to allow use of 50/70 VLT films will be a bonus for them as most of the people who are getting the sun films removed will go for them again once it is permitted. Win-Win situation for both the cops as well as Film manufacturers.
Smart thinking!! I believe you are right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Bangalore traffic police facebook page says "Black film of any transparency not allowed". This is an SC order, no state can overrule or dilute the rule based on their interpretation.

Here is the link to complete judgement shared by bangalore police
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...intedglass.pdf
Since legal language is very precise, what about Green film? Or Blue? Or Gray? Gray is not Black it can be argued in court. Notice the statement does not say "black film of any shade" it only mentions transparency...

--R

Last edited by Ragul : 7th May 2012 at 16:01.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:02   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Removed all films from the car (Sides and Rear). It improved the visibility at night driving.

Removed the film using a Shaving blade , Colin and facial steamer . It came out nicely in one piece without leaving any mark.

The rear glass was equipped with defogger, so i played safe. I used the Facial steamer first on the film, Switched on the defogger for 5 min, Taken out one edge first, continued to use the steamer while peeling off which resulted a great result.

The film came off in once piece without leaving any mark on glass or damage to the defogger.

Taken 2 piece of film and sticked on both ORVM . Now no glare at night.
A working face steamer inside a car... How exactly did you do that?
Where did you use colin?

Aren't the films made of plastic/ceramic or a similar material? How is a face steamer going to help remove it if it can't effect the sticky side?
Old 7th May 2012, 16:11   #906
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
A working face steamer inside a car... How exactly did you do that?
Used the extension cord box to power the Facial steamer

Quote:
Where did you use colin?
On the glass for soaking as well as cleaning after peeling off the film

Quote:
How is a face steamer going to help remove it if it can't effect the sticky side?
The steam helped to make the sticky surface loose, so that the film came of nicely.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:11   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

p.s. Paid Rs. 500/- in total for One Civic and One i10
Can you confirm where was the job done?
Old 7th May 2012, 16:14   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
On the glass for soaking as well as cleaning after peeling off the film.
Soak the film? Isn't it just plastic?
Old 7th May 2012, 16:17   #909
Senior - BHPian

There is a petition against the law. Sharing the link:

Petition: the supreme court of india: Reconsider decision on a blanket ban on car films. | Change.org
Old 7th May 2012, 16:26   #910
BHPian

Wow! I just saw the craziest thing. Cops removing black tints on their Mahindra at Palace Road around 30 mins back!
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 16:27   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
When I clicked on the link, it was showing 999/1000 signatures done. I had already signed once, but using a new e-mail ID, I signed once more thereby being the 1000th person to sign.

I hope this yields some results.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:52   #912
Senior - BHPian

I am really angry at this sorry state of affairs. What will Supreme court do next?
Decide on the dress code acting on some silly PIL that tight clothes makes women look inviting?

And who is the gentleman who has filed the PIL?
There are so many bigger issues facing the country and he is concerned with the this?

At the risk of being flamed I will say they should have started out with Delhi/NCR, banning any kind of sunfilm.

Depending on the efficacy of results(which I doubt since people will find ways around) they should have decided whether to make rest of the country suffer.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:03   #913
BHPian

Instead of banning completely they should have given more time to implement it in a proper way. All manufacturers could be directed to use the right VLT with heat rejection capabilities in new car be it small or big ones, plus they should allow sale of legal permissible films at least for heat protection for old vehicles.

Now what about convertibles can they keep there tints with the roof down
Old 7th May 2012, 17:13   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I am really angry at this sorry state of affairs. What will Supreme court do next?
Decide on the dress code acting on some silly PIL that tight clothes makes women look inviting?

And who is the gentleman who has filed the PIL?
There are so many bigger issues facing the country and he is concerned with the this?

At the risk of being flamed I will say they should have started out with Delhi/NCR, banning any kind of sunfilm.

Depending on the efficacy of results(which I doubt since people will find ways around) they should have decided whether to make rest of the country suffer.
Why is everyone blaming Delhi for this?

If you read the newspapers then you would know that these unlawful activities happen in remote places, generally not in Delhi borders and sometimes not even in the surrounding borders of the adjacent cities of Faridabad, Noida, Gurgaon and Ghaziabad.

Police infrastructure of Delhi is pretty good actually, not the case in the rest of the cities that come under NCR. Every colony I have been to in Delhi after midnight has most entry gates closed and others guarded by 4 cops and a PCR van.

What are the civilized people to do when there are unlawful elements present in Delhi/NCR with a concentration higher than most places?
Is it our fault that there are almost infinite journalists in this city with camera's pointed at anything and everything, and they report everything possible?
Moreover, these journalists pass judgement on everybody as if they themselves are Judges, or have never commited a crime, or are god almighty.

It is the system that is corrupt and at fault in the whole country and not the city. It is the system that is not enforcing or strict enough. It is the system that lets rapists and murderers go scot free, instead of hanging such people, with an occasional jail term.

So really, stop blaming my city for these kind of things.

Note to Mods: This post is off-topic and mods please do remove it if you think I'm saying anything wrong.

Last edited by mjumrani : 7th May 2012 at 17:17.
mjumrani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 17:28   #915
BHPian

Any idea if anyone or group is going to file against the judgement in Supreme Court? Hearing that sunfilm companies are going to do, but when?

OT: After this kind of orders I feel if not every state atleast all metros should have a division bench of Supreme court, its not possible for all to go to Delhi and file a case.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks