Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 19:20   #931
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Sorry but I don't agree that all cars comes with tinted glass, at least not my Punto or previous Alto.
Not sure if every car will have it. But I believe majority of the cars will have OEM tinted windows. The level of tint will be very low. You will not notice it unless you compare it with clear glass. Earlier car companies used to state this as feature. Now this is standard.

Check this link for Alto. select Variant tab where there is comparative table which state this as feature under AC for Lx and Lxi.

Maruti Suzuki Alto: small Indian car
Old 7th May 2012, 19:25   #932
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

I started paying more attention to sunfilms on other vehicles after this SC verdict and was pretty much shocked after noticing several cars having 50% on the front windscreen and probably 30% on the sides.

Well in a way this verdict is justifiable and in a way its not. The logic seems to be that If we can't contain people from using illegal %'s on sunflims then lets just ban them. Absolutely removes chances of negotiation between a car owner and a cop when you have something banned by law.

Though you are still going to have several cops making quick bucks instead of standing and tearing sunfilms and the cycle still continues.

Last edited by superutp : 7th May 2012 at 19:26.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:31   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
This is the man: Twitter

There are quite a few PILs in the works too
Couple of days back, Bangalore Mirror had listed the pros and cons of the decisions (to ban).
Prominent cons are:
  • Driving in the nights/deserted areas will be less safer for women drivers (as one can clearly see who is driving)
  • It will be easier for thieves who lift items from cars (due to good vissibilty again)
If the crimes do increase in these 2 areas, is there a way to make this person accountable

BTW I am totally for the ban against very dark/black films as it does impact visibility both for the driver as well as other road users.

Last edited by Guna : 7th May 2012 at 19:38.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:33   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the man: Twitter

There are quite a few PILs in the works too
get a load of this guy! FAQ on his site!

Quote:
Q – 1] BLACK FILMS REDUCE HEAT RETENTION IN VEHICLES ??

ANS – 1] CONTENTIONS MAY BE RAISED THAT BLACK FILMS IN VEHICLES REDUCES HEAT RETENTION IN THE VEHICLES. IT IS SUBMITTED MOST HUMBLY THAT CUSTOMARILY THE OCCUPANTS OF VEHICLES WITH BLACK FILMS ON GLASSES SWITCH ON THE AIR CONDITIONING OF THEIR VEHICLES, WHEN THEY PULL UP THE WINDOW GLASSES, WHICH NEUTRALIZES THE EFFECTS OF HARSH WEATHER CONDITIONS. ABSENCE OF BLACK FILM, WILL ONLY DELAY THE EFFECTIVE COOLING BY ONE OR TWO MINUTES BUT WILL SAVE LIFE AND LIBERTY OF HUMAN BEINGS. AS FAR AS PRIVACY ON ROADS IS CONCERNED, IT IS FURTHER HUMBLY SUBMITTED THAT NATIONAL SECURITY AND PERILS PERTAINING TO LIFE AND SECURITY OF THE CITIZENS OF THE NATIONS OWES MANIFOLD ADDED CONCERN THAN THE TRIVIAL ISSUES OF PRIVACY AND MEASURES FOR LIFE AND SECURITY HAS TO PREVAIL OVER PRIVACY.
THE COOLING IS BECAUSE OF THE AIR CONDITIONER AND NOT BECAUSE OF BLACK FILMS ON GLASSES OF VEHICLES !!
courtesy: SAVE AAM ADMI

more here

question: is he gonna pay us for the fuel to run our cars on a/c all the time after removing the sun films?

PS: the quote is as is on the above site and not made so deliberately (i mean the CAPS part).

Last edited by IronH4WK : 7th May 2012 at 19:39.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 20:03   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
get a load of this guy! FAQ on his site!

question: is he gonna pay us for the fuel to run our cars on a/c all the time after removing the sun films?
His disclaimer covers up everything

Quote:

DISCLAIMER

All views expressed are of an individual and no expert professional advice has been taken on any input. Following them is completely at the discretion of an individual and in no way any incentives are being extended for following them.
I'm surprised that the hon SC didnt setup an experts committee before arriving at this decision. I do hope that some sense prevails in the near future.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 20:06   #936
Senior - BHPian

Heights of joblessness? Definitely on part of the person who pushed for the PIL and also the court for actually passing the order without thinking of the consequences.
Old 7th May 2012, 20:09   #937
BHPian

there is facebook page against this ban and even a petition at change.org, i feel we should all get together and ask for logical bans like allowing 50% tints on sides and nothing on front and back, my linea has 70% even on sides and considering Fiat the AC just dies without the film..what about more AC more carbon foot print
Old 7th May 2012, 20:15   #938
Team-BHP Support

So it looks like sunfilm companies are deciding to keep quiet over it. The facebook page mentions that sunfilm removal charges are 200-500 which people are making money over and by keeping quiet after a few weeks till the hype goes down after which people will go for sunfilm again thereby increasing their business even more.

Probably after that they will try and get the 50-70 rule enforced so people buy only the higher VLT films.
Old 7th May 2012, 20:20   #939
BHPian

Does anyone feel something fishy on the issue or am I the only one?

See no one has moved the courts with an appeal after all these days nor has the Sun-film manufacturers given much media releases on the issue. I tried mailing some manufactures about the issue, But no responses yet. What can all that mean now?

You can't blame anyone if they start to think that this is the result of a conspiracy by the Sun Film Manufacturers themselves.What if after a while when everyone gets their sun control films ripped off and then they file the appeal and then the Order(There is high chance for the blanket ban to be lifted on appeal.) allows the use of 70% and 50%VLT Sun Films? The manufacturers get enormous business like never before. Their stocks will rise like rockets. What do you think?

Last edited by jalex77 : 7th May 2012 at 20:24.
Old 7th May 2012, 20:23   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I started paying more attention to sunfilms on other vehicles after this SC verdict and was pretty much shocked after noticing several cars having 50% on the front windscreen and probably 30% on the sides.
+1 to this.
Not being an expert at VLT specs, I was seeing if I could see something / anything recognizable inside the vehicle, today morning, ~10 AM on way to office. I was surprised / shocked that I could not recognize in most vehicles, notably higher segment vehicles and cabs.

(Sorry to occupants of the vehicles I did this, intention was not to invade into their privacy).
Old 7th May 2012, 20:33   #941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Couple of days back, Bangalore Mirror had listed the pros and cons of the decisions (to ban).
Prominent cons are:
  • Driving in the nights/deserted areas will be less safer for women drivers (as one can clearly see who is driving)
  • It will be easier for thieves who lift items from cars (due to good vissibilty again)
I am more concerned about the first point. The main reason i asked my wife to use the car to drive to work and back was for her safety over a 2 wheeler. Now, with this new rule, it leaves the occupants inside easily visible for miscreants and thugs who could attack.

I pray that the very same rule which was passed by the Supreme Court to safeguard women does not work towards the opposite. A rather hasty decision which is definitely not well thought-out.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 20:35   #942
BHPian

Any solid news from Hyderabad yet?
I've been travelling around HiTech city for a couple of days after 4th May and yet to find any cops stopping cars for checking/removing tints, saw few bikes being held up near Masab tank though while riding with a friend on his bike.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:12   #943
Senior - BHPian

Still have no clue about anything in Mumbai.It seems Mumbai police are oblivious to the supreme court ruling.The suspense is killing me.What about the appeal to be files by Garware against the ruling.Anyone has a update on that.

Also as i was observing the cars on the roads from the past week i have noticed 45% don't have any tints on them.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:48   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Prominent cons are:
Also in US, the skin cancer occurs towards the driving side of the infected patients as that part allow UV rays easily.

I am sure, with above reasons, PIL will be filed and then the ban would be removed and people who have pealed off the films will again go and fix new one with more visibility.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:59   #945
BANNED

Quote:
His disclaimer covers up everything

I'm surprised that the hon SC didnt setup an experts committee before arriving at this decision. I do hope that some sense prevails in the near future.
How did this person reach the Supreme Court directly? Aren't there any lower courts where this can be argued with a stipulation made that opposing parties arguments be diligently heard and debated before a overarching decision is made?

--R

Last edited by GTO : 9th May 2012 at 16:12. Reason: Lets not indulge in name-calling please
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks