Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 20:58   #1186
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Even that doesn't help in this situation right? The court order says only factory tinted glass is legal, any sort of film is not! So even if there is 100% light transmitted, that would still count as illegal.
Yes i agree it does not help, however anything above 80% would be invisible to the naked eye and by default glass on my car mentions 70% visibility. So 90% film should be good. However, i was stopped by a cop yesterday and i talked my way out, he told me that suction curtains are allowed, so i am getting P8 curtains which in turn provide more privacy than my 50% tint on sides and are legal they would also do away with the hassle of continuously changing law. They are also cheaper than the V-kool film.

As per driven (car accessory dealer) film manufactures have filed an appeal.

@asdon i am In

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 9th May 2012 at 21:13.
Old 9th May 2012, 23:11   #1187
BANNED

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

@asdon
I'm also In, lets start something mate.
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 23:30   #1188
Senior - BHPian

godog was working on it
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2770607
you guys might want to check with him too.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 23:35   #1189
BHPian

I am also in for that petition/case.

Also has anyone compiled a list of places in delhi where the cops are usually stationed and ripping the films off cars?
Please do guide me. I have been working from home since the last friday and although i have VLT 70 and VLT 50 tints combination of a very high quality film, i do not wish that a cop strip it and i lose all the money that i spent on it.
M5_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 00:40   #1190
BHPian

I am also in against this tughlaquesque ruling.

If required we can pool in to file a petition for review. It would be good if we can discuss the way forward on it.

Last edited by achilles101 : 10th May 2012 at 00:49.
Old 10th May 2012, 07:58   #1191
BHPian

Count me too. Instead of waiting for the manufacturers to take an action why don't we. First problem we may face will be time. Majority of us are employed and need to find some time for this outside our busy schedule. Next we need to find a good lawyer for this. Finally the expense. If all the people whi posted in this thread is ready for this it may become the first time fine or the amount spend for remove the sunfilm
Old 10th May 2012, 08:13   #1192
BHPian

I saw the Change.org page, but I am not sure about their next step, just increasing signs will not help the cause, I am going to check with some advocates in Bangalore, request other too check with some known so that we get an idea on how to proceed.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 08:22   #1193
BANNED

Police will peel off the sun film for you

Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-peel.jpg

Quote:
The Bangalore traffic police will set up special centres to remove sun films free from May 10 following the Supreme Court ban on the use of such films. These centres will function between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Source : The Hindu
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 08:25   #1194
BHPian

Good move by the Bangalore Traffic police.

They seem to have setup 10 centers in Bangalore that are going to remove the sunfilm from your car free of cost.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/banga...39883172744063
Old 10th May 2012, 08:27   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
But the point is if anything is beyond 90% VLT, how do the cop catches him? They are not stopping all cars, and its tough to determine if there are films, if those are more than 90% VLT.

OT - Enough of talking, now can we BHPians agree and join togather and file a review in full bench? I am sure cost will not be much if we all pull in. If people are interested, we can start another thread to discuss the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
Yes i agree it does not help, however anything above 80% would be invisible to the naked eye and by default glass on my car mentions 70% visibility. So 90% film should be good. However, i was stopped by a cop yesterday and i talked my way out, he told me that suction curtains are allowed, so i am getting P8 curtains which in turn provide more privacy than my 50% tint on sides and are legal they would also do away with the hassle of continuously changing law. They are also cheaper than the V-kool film.

As per driven (car accessory dealer) film manufactures have filed an appeal.

@asdon i am In
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
@asdon
I'm also In, lets start something mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
godog was working on it
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2770607
you guys might want to check with him too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
I am also in for that petition/case.

Also has anyone compiled a list of places in delhi where the cops are usually stationed and ripping the films off cars?
Please do guide me. I have been working from home since the last friday and although i have VLT 70 and VLT 50 tints combination of a very high quality film, i do not wish that a cop strip it and i lose all the money that i spent on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
I am also in against this tughlaquesque ruling.

If required we can pool in to file a petition for review. It would be good if we can discuss the way forward on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Count me too. Instead of waiting for the manufacturers to take an action why don't we. First problem we may face will be time. Majority of us are employed and need to find some time for this outside our busy schedule. Next we need to find a good lawyer for this. Finally the expense. If all the people whi posted in this thread is ready for this it may become the first time fine or the amount spend for remove the sunfilm
Quote:
I saw the Change.org page, but I am not sure about their next step, just increasing signs will not help the cause, I am going to check with some advocates in Bangalore, request other too check with some known so that we get an idea on how to proceed.

This would be a wonderful initiative from team-bhp as a whole. Please do count me in and let me know of the progress as well.

70/50 is definitely the best way to go; infact most installers recommend the full transparent film for the front windshield as even the slightest tint could impair visibility.

Nitin

Last edited by nitinbose : 10th May 2012 at 08:29.
Old 10th May 2012, 08:49   #1196
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday's TOI newspaper mentions that Bangalore Traffic Police will begin their drive against use of dark sunfilm on May 19, effectively we have about 9 more days to have the film removed.

Last edited by NPV : 10th May 2012 at 08:50.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:28   #1197
Distinguished - BHPian

OT:
Nice cartoon in today's Mumbai Mirror to lighten up the mood.
Attached Thumbnails
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-image3725546123.jpg  

Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 09:38   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
OT - Enough of talking, now can we BHPians agree and join togather and file a review in full bench? I am sure cost will not be much if we all pull in. If people are interested, we can start another thread to discuss the same.
Contributing money is the easiest part. How do we carry this forward! We need some one (or a few more) to dedicate their time. Any volunteers, lawyers especially, around here from ND?!
Old 10th May 2012, 09:44   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Police will peel off the sun film for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Good move by the Bangalore Traffic police.

They seem to have setup 10 centers in Bangalore that are going to remove the sunfilm from your car free of cost.
Any idea whether they will be doing this with the help of professionals or they peel off themselves?
Old 10th May 2012, 09:51   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Count me in.Lawyer would be no problem as my grand father is a retired justice and my father is a lawyer
manikjeet is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks