Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 11:56   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Right , that's what it appears from this article
No blanket ban on tinted glasses
I think its not important on what they say. We have seen the judgement and these statements give rise to confusion.

I will get the side and rear glass window film removed. I will leave the front windscreen one as is. I dont think one can make out that it has the film. What about the small fixed glass just before the c pillar? Looks too small in a Vento
Old 10th May 2012, 12:02   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

I am in too. Let Manikjeet come up with a plan of action.
Will contribute in whatever ways I can.

And I have lost faith in SC. The only institute I ever believed in our Democratic system.
With judges passing judgement like that, there is indeed no hope.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:03   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys in BLR:

Got word through friends: ACP has said that BTP will be looking at all sun-film. Irrespective of VLT.
Will just be looking at and verifing VLT or does this mean they will peel off, irrespective of VLT ? After my success with removing the film myself, many of my colleagues are enquiring / planning to get it done this weekend. So, just asking.

Thanks,
Rajan
Old 10th May 2012, 12:05   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does that mean TOI can be sued now for printing wrong information.
Guna, If I was you, I won't sue ToI. Because I don't believe anything they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Will just be looking at and verifing VLT or does this mean they will peel off, irrespective of VLT ?
Rajan, I meant to say looking, is not just inspection. Associated action is included.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:07   #1220
Ice
BHPian

Arrrrgghhh!
Will the Police reimburse what we paid to get the tints on in the first place?

And since they're talking so much about safety for women, what about the fact that without tinted windows a woman driving back home alone late at night is clearly visible to anyone who wants to waylay her?
Old 10th May 2012, 12:11   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Arrrrgghhh!

And since they're talking so much about safety for women, what about the fact that without tinted windows a woman driving back home alone late at night is clearly visible to anyone who wants to waylay her?
For this they will file a seperate PIL and get the decision that all car makers provide the tinted glass or no women working after 6PM. Afterall for current decision they took examples from countries like Pakistan & Afganistan.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:22   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Asuming there is an average sale of cars 60000 (conservative) and 50000 cars put sunfilm on an average , calculating VAT at 10% and average cost of sunfilm at Rs 3000 translates to a tax collection of 18 crores per year to the respective governments. At this price they rather well buy the VLT checking devices a one time cost, check VLT in cars stopped and then do the peeling. The same should be proposed to the Courts and government (central and state)
Great Idea Sir. I sincerely hope some day people like you to be in the parliament. Unfortunately taxes collected in our country are assumed to be property of government officials.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:24   #1223
BHPian

I am extremely interested in the legal option some members are talking about here in Bangalore.
Also, why should Bangaloreans suffer most? We already pay one of the highest road taxes in the country and the most expensive petrol (if I am not mistaken) and while the rest of the country is okay with 50/70, in Bangalore it has to be 100% no film at all? This is not fair!

I have also posted this on the BTP facebook page.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:29   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
and while the rest of the country is okay with 50/70, in Bangalore it has to be 100% no film at all? This is not fair!
It's NO film at all in all states across India and Bangalore is no different. That's what Supreme Court says, so don't believe in local versions of the news.
markmytravel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 12:40   #1225
Senior - BHPian

TOI Bangalore reports that there are 10 places in Bangalore where removal of films will be done for free.

Has anyone visited these places - how's the quality of removal and rush at these places ?
Old 10th May 2012, 12:42   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I am extremely interested in the legal option some members are talking about here in Bangalore.
Yes, me too. Not only in BLR, but wherever, if there is a coordinated TBHP legal option being explored, please count me in to contribute in whatever way I can.

This is an absolute indicator of how skewed our national priorities are. Only surprise is that the SC, which many hoped would be the last resort to a country in distress (Judge Dredd, anyone :-)) has also fallen prey to this.
Sad.

Cheers,
R_S
Old 10th May 2012, 13:03   #1227
BHPian

Looks like it's begun in Mumbai also.

Cop 'threatened' for stopping ex-MLC's car with tinted glass - The Times of India

I had seen cops stopping vehicles at the junction where traffic from Pune comes into Mumbai through Ghatkopar but couldn't confirm whether they were being stopped for tints as the Scorpio they had stopped had the golden variety of tint where the outside chap only gets to see his reflection.
AvinashV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 13:52   #1228
BHPian

I was planning to put CR070 on front windshield, I have been contemplating to get this done for the past few months but did not have time to go down to 3M showroom. If I had done it then the money spent on it would have gone down the drain. However I feel that police asking all tints to be removed in Bangalore is bit too much.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:39   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Will the Police reimburse what we paid to get the tints on in the first place?
This is like asking insurance on stolen booty. I agree its a pain, but then its the law! However its helps to feel the $ pinch, we need to bite the bullet I guess!
Old 10th May 2012, 14:46   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Looks like it's begun in Mumbai also.
I had seen cops stopping vehicles at the junction where traffic from Pune comes into Mumbai
Hello,

The drive against Sunfilms has started in Mumbai also? But there is no announcement by RTO on this?

I believe RTO Mumbai will issue a press statement before begining drive against (now) illegal Sunfilms.

Also for update, I drove from Malad West to Andheri East today morning & there was absolutely no checking whatsoever.

Thanks,

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th May 2012 at 17:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed