Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 10:08   #1681
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Doesn't the exemption given to politicians violate the "Equality before law" article of our constitution?

Quote:
14. Equality before law.—The State shall not deny to any person equality before the law
or the equal protection of the laws within the territory of India.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:29   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

On a different note , there are people who have genuine threat perception and the ruling does take this into consideration . Alot of my official cars fall into this category ( cannot name the officials for obvious reasons ) and we do have very dark tints atleast on the rear two windows and the back glass. The idea is , that the person sitting at the rear seat is not identifiable. No cop will stop these cars anywhere . The problem is when everyone with a 2 bit red beacon starts thinking he runs the show.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:32   #1683
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Some sound principles which our Nation's architects have designed have been openly flouted for the last 60 odd years, so this is honoured more in the breach than in the observance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Doesn't the exemption given to politicians violate the "Equality before law" article of our constitution?
Old 17th May 2012, 10:57   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me why the challan fees is different in different places ?
Faridabad - Rs 1000
Gurgaon - Rs 500
Delhi - Rs 100

As per the cops in Faridabad, Motor vehicle act varies from city to city.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:08   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Can someone tell me why the challan fees is different in different places ?
Faridabad - Rs 1000
Gurgaon - Rs 500
Delhi - Rs 100

As per the cops in Faridabad, Motor vehicle act varies from city to city.
It is Rs.1,000/- for Gurgaon also. Forum member "spadix" paid Rs.1,000/- in Gurgaon.

It is Rs.1,000/- anywhere in Haryana.

See #58 in this link:

http://gurgaon.haryanapolice.gov.in/oPenality1.aspx

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 17th May 2012 at 11:13.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:14   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I stand corrected on that, but why different fees in Delhi then ?
Old 17th May 2012, 11:22   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Thsts why i said the probability is 0% on my post. but why not, this can be taken into consideration if there is a mass of petitioners, with proof of police chellan and video footage of cops removing sun film from our cars. Again these were just wishes to happen!.
Talking of humor i read someone had written on the online petition against the banning on sun films.

"This is just ridiculous. Going by this, marriage is the reason for domestic violence - lets ban marriages then! "
Old 17th May 2012, 11:22   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Ok, I stand corrected on that, but why different fees in Delhi then ?
I think states have the liberty to decide on the penalty amount.

It seems to be Rs.100/- in most of the states, Haryana needs more money than any other state.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:24   #1689
BHPian

TOI Chennai published today 5/17 that Chennai cops will be start giving challan for tints from Monday and next two-three days will be just warning.
1st offense - 100 and 2nd will attract 200 INR.

With the current heat/humidity levels in Chennai, this removing sun films certainly not going to help. All time A/C without sun films will have some considerable effect in FE...
Old 17th May 2012, 11:31   #1690
Ice
BHPian

....and fuel prices are going up.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:39   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender
TOI Chennai published today 5/17 that Chennai cops will be start giving challan for tints from Monday and next two-three days will be just warning.
1st offense - 100 and 2nd will attract 200 INR.

With the current heat/humidity levels in Chennai, this removing sun films certainly not going to help. All time A/C without sun films will have some considerable effect in FE...
I too saw the report in the paper. But got a bit confused as, if we are caught the first time after the grace time of two days is over we would be fined and the films would be removed. Then where is the question of getting caught the second time with no films?
Old 17th May 2012, 11:41   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Well, whats the purpose of getting the tints removed ? To make person's face visible right, is this the only reason?
The person who petitioned against sun films (he called it black films in his petition) wanted 100% VLT glasses and hence wanted a ban on sun films.

Supreme Court, rejected his request and upheld the 1989 CMV 100 (2) rule of 70%/50% VLT rule. Note that CMVR just mentions glass and doesn't say anything about sun-films. Court just interpreted this rule.
(Judiciary doesn't offer any solution - it just says what is according to rules).

If you go by CMVR, then probably 90% of sun-films installations doesn't comply with limits. Note that applying 70% VLT on windshield will make the overall VLT of glass + sun film exceed 70%, which is illegal.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:17   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Note that applying 70% VLT on windshield will make the overall VLT of glass + sun film exceed 70%, which is illegal.
I think you meant to say the VLT will drop to below 70%, not exceed.
For Bangalore folks, I read in carwale.com, that the DGP has given the citizens time till 31st May to comply with the Supreme court order. I am going to wait till May 28th or so and then get my sunfilms removed. I have one on my windshield too, but thats transparent (and illegal since its 70% VLT which coupled with the glass VLT might come to 49% VLT). I think I will hold on to it. It helps me during night driving by cutting down on the glare from high beam headlights (morons never dim & dip).
Old 17th May 2012, 12:22   #1694
Senior - BHPian

If law makers were serious about the crime/offense, then first they would have banned "alchohol" i dont think one needs to be told how alchohol contributes, read crime, accidents and also health related issue..

On a lighter note, if 100% VLT has to be achieved then they have to ban even the glasses, maybe make all the 4wheelers go topless
Old 17th May 2012, 12:41   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Accessories dealers (including accessories wings of A.S.S) seem to be having regular business. Their interpretation is that 70/50 film is allowed, and they are installing this film on many cars.
Today at Madhavan Park I spoke to a cop who was ripping films from the cars lined up. He maintained only one stance "no film's dark or light". He was very clear that they are instructed to remove all external films stuck to the glass. Personally I have installed a very light shade of Garware sun film and visibility is quite good from outside, however I am also contemplating now of removing them

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/299...om-may-19.aspx

Last edited by sumathindra : 17th May 2012 at 12:42. Reason: edits
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks