Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 13:37   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Chennai cops have started checking for film. I saw cops penalising those with sun-film at atleast 3 locations on my drive from home to work today - at Gemini flyover, under the Medavakkam flyover and on the Chennai-One road (kuppai road).
Thanks for the update supreme. But, where is the flyover at Medavakkam? Are you referring the one near Kamakshi Hospital?
Old 21st May 2012, 14:48   #1907
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

On my way to work today (HSR to EC) saw lots of cars with tints. Cabs, private cars etc. There is no crack down yet.

P.S: I too haven't removed my car tints yets
Old 21st May 2012, 15:09   #1908
Senior - BHPian

MAS/rameshnanda - yes, I meant under the flyover near Kamakshi hospital.
Old 21st May 2012, 15:35   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
yes you should!
Have written my concern to 'customer_relations@hondacarindia.com'; lets see what they reply.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:16   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chennai cops have started checking for film. I saw cops penalising those with sun-film at atleast 3 locations on my drive from home to work today - at Gemini flyover, under the Medavakkam flyover and on the Chennai-One road (kuppai road).
Yes I saw that too. Frankly dint expect Chennai police to swing into action this soon. I normally see them go slow on things unnecessary. I crossed Kamatchi Hospital around 11:30 am and even during this time they were stopping cars for the dark sun-films.

I saw it in some 3 places, a bit strange. I frankly dint see them putting any official notification in Newspapers etc or ads in TV or not even roadside ads. I was thinking how come they suddenly start penalizing people. You cant expect every person (like cab drivers) to keep track of what Supreme court orders.

Any idea on what the penalty figures are? I was actually assuming they are just removing films and letting off people. My bad.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:19   #1911
BHPian

This is an absolute shocker, isn't. If only the government showed half of this determination in implementing the smoking ban in public places...

I have visited Bangalore 3 times in the last week and didn't face any cops yet. I think I am riding my luck, let's see.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:23   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
On my way to work today (HSR to EC) saw lots of cars with tints. Cabs, private cars etc. There is no crack down yet.

P.S: I too haven't removed my car tints yets

Please remove it on 4 June 2012 without fail, since June 5 is the deadline for removal of films in Bangalore.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:46   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Most of the persons I have spoken to here, are of the opinion that light tints will be ok and only vary dark ones will be removed. They don't believe that neither is allowed.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:50   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m

A correction. The deadline is certainly extended till 5th July but the corresponding challan too has been extended from the existing Rs.100 to Rs.300 FYI.
No Sir, you are wrong on July 5th deadline for removal of sunfilms in Bangalore. It is June 5th, I have read in FB BTP page and in local news papers.
Please remove the film within 5th June.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 16:51   #1915
Mik
BHPian

So far, i have had the wait and watch approach - desperately hoping for some kind of stay on the order.
Guess its time to get it removed. I had gone to get my new bike registered in Gurgaon RTO and i saw the inspector insisting on removal of sunfilm of a Santro which had come there for some kind of inspection. I do hear that the challan is Rs 100. Tempted to get challaned and make the cop remove the film
Old 21st May 2012, 16:57   #1916

First, the police should give the first opportunity to the most privileged top shots of the state. Start with CM, Ministers, MLA's, Judge's, DGP, IPS, Asst Commissioner & others. Then they should worry about the commoner.

They are VIP's, let them have first preference. Couldn't ignore them-na...
Old 21st May 2012, 16:58   #1917
BHPian

I was thinking of waiting for some time but then decided to remove since I visit Delhi quite often and the cops in Delhi have become quite strict about this rule.

I removed the films myself and the side windows were surprisingly easy. Approx 5-7 minutes/window and no glue residue left. The glass at the back is taking time and I've removed 2/3rd of it. There is a lot of glue left which I'll clean up later.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:15   #1918
BHPian

People who have removed sunfilms, did you peel off the front windscreen sunfilm as well if they were installed? I am thinking of removing the sunfilms from windows and rear glass and am planning to leave the front windscren untouched. It is a 3M CR70 and I am not sure if cops will catch me just for that since it is hardly visible.

Any experiences with the cops on the sunfilms in front windscreen?
Old 21st May 2012, 17:17   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
MAS/rameshnanda - yes, I meant under the flyover near Kamakshi hospital.
I was about to report the same. I passed the flyover around 12.30 today afternoon and the cops had caught around 8-10 cars. Luckily I managed to escape.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:36   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Have written my concern to 'customer_relations@hondacarindia.com'; lets see what they reply.
Dont let it go. Make them replace the cut rubber beading free of cost. Whats the point of going to showroom and paying a bomb and getting a shoddy job done with additional damage. Unfortunately my experience with showrooms is also similar. Extra charge and company showroom does not imply the same quality of service.

Deadline for film removal in Bangalore is 5th June. My personal take is that there cannot be a stay order on this. Remember its a SC ruling and who is going to challenge that unless SC wants to pull its decision back which is unlikely. So bite the bullet and get it removed .
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks