Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 17:39   #1921
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
People who have removed sunfilms, did you peel off the front windscreen sunfilm as well if they were installed? I am thinking of removing the sunfilms from windows and rear glass and am planning to leave the front windscren untouched. It is a 3M CR70 and I am not sure if cops will catch me just for that since it is hardly visible.

Any experiences with the cops on the sunfilms in front windscreen?
I too have done this. And yes, the cops haven't stopped me even though they have been stopping other people in whose cars you could clearly see the films. I have also left the rear wind shield film on, only removed both sides. Mind you, policing in Chandigarh is the strictest amongst all of India. So if it works here, it should work at other places too .
PremjitS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 17:46   #1922
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
No Sir, you are wrong on July 5th deadline for removal of sunfilms in Bangalore. It is June 5th, I have read in FB BTP page and in local news papers.
Please remove the film within 5th June.
Sorry for the typo, I did meant it the 5th of the next month.
Thanks for the same.
Old 21st May 2012, 18:08   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Dont let it go. Make them replace the cut rubber beading free of cost. Whats the point of going to showroom and paying a bomb and getting a shoddy job done with additional damage. Unfortunately my experience with showrooms is also similar. Extra charge and company showroom does not imply the same quality of service.
I could manage to take some pictures from my mobile phone today of the shabby work done by Whitefield Honda.

Observe the rubber lining being scooped off
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012975.jpg

Cuts all round the beeding
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012978.jpg

The glue still remains uncleaned, poor workmenship!
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012979.jpg

Scratches all over the glass
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012980.jpg

"Anti Theft, Immobilizer" sticker removed without my consensus
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012982.jpg

More cuts and bruises
Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012986.jpg

Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars-21052012987.jpg
Old 21st May 2012, 18:18   #1924
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : No personal comments against any Hon'ble Court or Judge will be permitted on Team-BHP. Please keep the discussion absolutely objective. Attack the issue, not the person.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 18:20   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
My personal take is that there cannot be a stay order on this. Remember its a SC ruling and who is going to challenge that unless SC wants to pull its decision back which is unlikely. So bite the bullet and get it removed
But even if this is a SC order, can't some kind of a review petition be filed? Has any been filed already?

And in case it hasn't, then what exactly are most of us waiting for since we not removing the films?
Old 21st May 2012, 18:43   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
I could manage to take some pictures from my mobile phone today of the shabby work done by Whitefield Honda.
This is really bad!

Don't let it go, ask them to get the rubber beading replaced. The glass it also scratched? Can something be done for it?
Old 21st May 2012, 19:41   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
This is really bad!

Don't let it go, ask them to get the rubber beading replaced. The glass it also scratched? Can something be done for it?
Yes, the glass indeed appears scratched and I am not sure what can be done. I am waiting for that movement when somebody from Whitefield Honda calls me.

Here is the reply from Honda, they have in CC: service@whitefieldhonda.com; customer_relation@whitefieldhonda.com; managerbp@whitefieldhonda.com

"Dear Mr. Desai,

This is in reference to your mail received by us on 19th May 2012.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We are understanding the details of your concern from our dealership M/s. Whitefield Honda, Bangalore and we request you to kindly bear with us till then.
In the meanwhile we will advise our dealership to revert back to you and address your concern.

For any further concern/queries, please contact us at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,
Ankush Hakhoo
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida
"
Old 21st May 2012, 19:51   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary
Yes, the glass indeed appears scratched and I am not sure what can be done. I am waiting for that movement when somebody from Whitefield Honda calls me.
You will receive that call (as well as a couple of other apologetic calls from the dealer).

But if my experience - admittedly of an incident which is much less damaging (if at all) than yours - is anything to go by, those calls are all you're going to get. Nothing more.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st May 2012, 19:58   #1929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary

Here is the reply from Honda, they have in CC: service@whitefieldhonda.com; customer_relation@whitefieldhonda.com; managerbp@whitefieldhonda.com

"Dear Mr. Desai,

We are understanding the details of your concern from our dealership M/s. Whitefield Honda, Bangalore and we request you to kindly bear with us till then.
In the meanwhile we will advise our dealership to revert back to you and address your concern.

For any further concern/queries, please contact us at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.

Regards,
Ankush Hakhoo
"

thats such a canned response,that had it been a written letter,you could have seen the pencilled "xxxxxxx" erased where the date,dealer and your name go.

take comprehensively detailed notes and pictures,post everything here.
beading and all wont be cheap, once word of company endorsed damage gets around,theyll come to you.
Old 21st May 2012, 20:30   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremjitS View Post
I too have done this. And yes, the cops haven't stopped me even though they have been stopping other people in whose cars you could clearly see the films. I have also left the rear wind shield film on, only removed both sides. Mind you, policing in Chandigarh is the strictest amongst all of India. So if it works here, it should work at other places too .
Premjit, Thank you. That gives me additional confidence not to remove the front windscreen sunfilm.
Old 21st May 2012, 23:36   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post

Observe the rubber lining being scooped off
All I can say is Oh My GOD! Really shoddy work. I hope you gave them a piece of your mind. Have you spoken to them about any recompense for faulty worksmanship?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd May 2012 at 00:27. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:28   #1932
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I did a DIY today and removed the side and back tints. I have left the front transparent film untouched. The car really looks naked, but driving back home was less stressful as the visibility has increased.

I felt bad when I saw many cars including a couple of Ambassadors belonging to the Police with a red beacon with their black tints untouched.

The biggest relief in removing the tints is that I am able to drive peacefully without the lingering thought of being stopped by a cop.
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:35   #1933
BHPian

Quote:

"Dear Mr. Desai,

Regards,
Ankush Hakhoo
"
Really sad.. You could try 3M or some other place providing similar level of service. I got the sunfilms peeled off from my one month old Rapid without any damage to the car itself at 3M, HSR layout. I would highly recommend this place for those who don't want to take risk. By the way, the response from Honda looks like automated. Hope you get response from a human sometime soon and get a speedy resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Premjit, Thank you. That gives me additional confidence not to remove the front windscreen sunfilm.
You can get the logo on the front film removed and leave the film as it is. So, if you have a film with 70% VLT or more it would be hard to make out. I heard that some reputed shops do this for films installed by them.
rajni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:58   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Removed my 3M RE35 from my ANHC after being fined twice in Janak Puri. Got it removed for just Rs.150 from the local car market and they did a pretty good job. I haven't removed the CR70 from the front though and it's hardly noticeable especially without the tints on the sides.
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:58   #1935

Chennai update: For the first time last evening, saw sun-film checking while coming from Mount Poonamalle road towards Kaththipara junction. The exact location is at the new signal that has been added on the Binny road half a KM before the Kaththipara ramp.

Couple of policemen were stopping cars. There was a minor argument with one gentleman who was pointing at his rear windshield.

Vijay
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks