Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 11:12   #2371
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I still see, 80% of the cars still have tints, and haven't seen any cops catching today morning. Looks like cops still haven't warmed up since its cloudy morning Mostly drive will start after peak hour.
One possibility.... traffic police commissioner is not yet arrive to office and all cops are waiting for final order..... as i saw yesterday FB udpate and they told very clearly that rule will enforce from today onward..
Old 6th June 2012, 11:18   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Saw lot of places where the tints were being removed. But saw SIs caring nothing even with tinted vehicles near them.

Saw a lot of cars with clean glasses. Think people were just waiting for an extension and will get it removed in its absence.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:41   #2373
BHPian

One my drive this morning, I realised that this sun film drive will die down after a while and one could get away with paying couple of hunderd bucks as fine considering one gets caught during the peak period of the drive. At max, one would have to pay Rs.1000 but would have saved sunfilm worth much more and also enjoyed better cooling.

Well all this thought crossed my mind when I was waiting at a signal and looking around to see all the cars/ cabs still sporting sun films. While I felt like I was sitting in glass display.

Last edited by mac187 : 6th June 2012 at 11:44.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:53   #2374
BHPian

Update from Bangalore. I drove from Sarjapur road via Bellandur - Outer ring road - Silk Boad Junction - BTM lay out - Bannerghatta raod (towards diary circle) to my office. Nowhere I saw any checking or removing of sun films. May be because it is crowded route and they want to avoid traffic jams. I traveled from 10:45 AM - 11:30 AM. On the way, I saw traffic police at some signals doing their regular duty of traffic control. One of my friend who came from other side of Bannerghatta road ( from IIM side) told that he saw a traffic police man taking photos of vehicles near Shoppers Stop !

Let's wait for the news from all around Bangalore before peeling off thousands of Rupees worth of sun films :-(

Any news on PIL or court stay orders ? I guess not..As it is already in force in many states...
Old 6th June 2012, 12:04   #2375
Senior - BHPian

I drove from Basavanagudi to Bommasandra via Nimhans, Dairy Circle, Forum, Madiwala, Silk Board. No checking anywhere and this is when I have 5% VLT tints on my car. The stranage thing I noticed was that density of cops was much less today when compared to other days and also the traffic was really light. Have all the tinted window cars gone underground?

On Hosur Road and Sarjapur Road junction there is always an SI present with 2 constables and today they were not there. Same story at Madiwala Polica Station intersection.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:04   #2376
BHPian

Felt like I took a wrong decision to ride to office as nowhere in IRR I saw cops stopping vehicles for sunflims. I am guessing they will only stop vehicles on weekends as the roads will be empty and they can avoid long traffic jams.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:09   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I drove from Basavanagudi to Bommasandra via Nimhans, Dairy Circle, Forum, Madiwala, Silk Board. No checking anywhere and this is when I have 5% VLT tints on my car. The stranage thing I noticed was that density of cops was much less today when compared to other days and also the traffic was really light. Have all the tinted window cars gone underground?

On Hosur Road and Sarjapur Road junction there is always an SI present with 2 constables and today they were not there. Same story at Madiwala Polica Station intersection.
Maybe they are all attending a training program on how to measure and catch tinted vehicles. I have grounded mine today and will take it out in the evening. Spent a fortune on sun film a couple of months ago and I am yet to catch the bait.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:11   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Maybe they are all attending a training program on how to measure and catch tinted vehicles. I have grounded mine today and will take it out in the evening. Spent a fortune on sun film a couple of months ago and I am yet to catch the bait.
In my opinion you dont need any special training to catch 5% VLT tinted window cars. These tints are as dark as they can get.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:18   #2379
Senior - BHPian

No action at all on the Marathahalli - EPIP corridor yet. In fact, as someone already mentioned, the number of traffic cops was lesser and traffic was lighter (probably due to many cars with sun-films still on being grounded in view of the wait and watch mode). My 3Ms are still on - plan to wait till the weekend and then take a call. Till then, will continue to drive to office and keep pushing my luck
Old 6th June 2012, 12:19   #2380
gpa
Senior - BHPian

On my usual route to work this morning from Vidyaranyapura to Whitefield via the ORR, I noticed plenty of cars with tints that were not being pulled over the cops at major junctions.

However, my regular cab guy has removed the sun-films from his cab. I am waiting to see what transpires over the week and upcoming weekend.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:28   #2381
BHPian

Haven't seen any activity between Electronic city and hebbal and lots of cars with tints. Seems like BTP is still drawing out plans on how to really go about it without creating big traffic jams.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:31   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I could not find any checking on my route from Hebbal to UB city via Bellary road. The Facebook page of the Bangalore traffic police states that they will be strictly implementing this from today. I had taken off my sunfim over 3 weeks ago, so am not bothered.

I did see a lesser number of vehicles with dark tints on the roads. maybe most of them are playing it safe. Would like to see some action by Cops on this count at least.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:58   #2383
BHPian

Situation is getting bad in Chennai. I was already fined for Rs.100. This happened at the turning opposite Adyar Cancer Institute. The Road that comes from Kotturpuram bridge to cancer Institute. I was taking a left to go to my office in OMR and cops caught me in that narrow turning.
Today again cops tried to catch me near Medavakkam Toll plaza ( The one in front of Wipro CDC-5 ). I had a narrow escape.
Old 6th June 2012, 13:00   #2384
BHPian

Where is this whole discussion going . Few previous pages looked like as if I was through some completely different thread.

Anyways I am observing no cops on bannerghatta road stopping any car . What happened with the activities on those who violate . Also found many cars still with heavy films on the road . I have given my car some rest and using my two wheeler as of now .

Last edited by rki2007 : 6th June 2012 at 13:04.
Old 6th June 2012, 13:15   #2385
Distinguished - BHPian

This company already has automotive application ready..is this acceptable alternate??
AGP Glass :: Products
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks