Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2007, 12:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
My Indica has a green tinted glasses. They are factory fitted. So even if I remove those light tints from the glasses it will still be a green hued glass all around.
Are you sure that it is green film pasted on your windows ? I would think it is the glass manufactured with a tint (ie. without using film). Many cars have that and since there is no film involved, you obviously cannot remove it. And since it is factory fitted and does not really block visibility, I dont think it should be a problem.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Problem is this rule has some exemptions. The judge that passed this order will cite security concerns and get exemptions from removing tints. If this rule applied to all, including politicians, celebrities and other officials in authority, then no judge would have passed this stupid order.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

The only fine I'm worried about is the Speeding one, 900 bucks is going to pinch. I don't commit the other offences so no problems for me there. Let's see how sternly this is implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Look at the bright side guys , the hot babes can't hide behind them dark tints .... everything has a silver lining , u just have to look for it
Khaadu teri biwi paregi to bahut maaregi, sharam kar!!!
Old 28th March 2007, 16:18   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Khaadu teri biwi paregi to bahut maaregi, sharam kar!!!
No way man , that wud happen only if I was to touch ... looking has no issues
Old 28th March 2007, 19:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
So it's more dangerous to talk on the mobile phone than it is to drive while drunk? Atleast that's what they imply by that list of fines.
I think it's because rich talk on mobile, while aam aadmi tends to drink more often.

aam aadmi deserves concession.
Old 9th April 2007, 09:54   #51
BHPian

About the bus drivers being 12th pass could somebosy tell me if all police personnel starting from a hawaldar are at least 12th pass.

I understand its good if the drivers are educated but curios to know if Delhi police's house is in order before bringing somebody else's house in order.

Also let me remind all of you that some(don't know how many) years ago there did not use to be a 10+2. I think it was just upto class 11th and then graduation.
Old 9th April 2007, 12:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
About the bus drivers being 12th pass could somebosy tell me if all police personnel starting from a hawaldar are at least 12th pass.

I understand its good if the drivers are educated but curios to know if Delhi police's house is in order before bringing somebody else's house in order.

Also let me remind all of you that some(don't know how many) years ago there did not use to be a 10+2. I think it was just upto class 11th and then graduation.
I totally agree with you. I dont think a 12th pass guy would want to be a driver of a blue line bus. This new law is totally against the aam janta ( by aam i mean the real aam janta not the middle class and upper middle class)
Old 9th April 2007, 12:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Today's paper carries a half page Advert regarding the Rules that go into effect from today i.e. 9th April.

The Advert mentions 2 links in bold
Upon following the link, you'll realize that it doesn't lead to the specific Article or Order - it's just one further from the Home Page.
And I quote form the website
"Use of dark, black or reflective glasses in vehicles is not permitted as per law. As provided in Rule 100 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989, the glass of windscreen and rear window of motor vehicles should have a visibility of at least 70% and that of side windows a minimum visibility of 50%. The specification of glass should conform to Indian Standards [ IS:2553 - Part 2 - 1992 ]. The front windscreen shall be of laminated safety glass, whose pieces do not fly in the event of a crash and edges would be less jagged than in case of ordinary glass."

Frankly, this just validates my apprehension about Tabloids like the TOI.

So, question arises - are articles just being written to scare the public or is there any substance in it?

Because, if I recollect correctly - None of the official Traffic Police Adverts conclusively mention anything to the effect that indicates that even 70% visibility sun-film is not allowed.

Perhaps someone can provide a scanned image of todays newspaper advert to clarify, I may be wrong.

Last edited by manveet : 9th April 2007 at 12:42.
Old 9th April 2007, 13:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Now i am all the more confused. Just removed my sun film today in the morning. Got late to office by 1 hour because of that. And i dont even live in Delhi. (Gurgaon).
And now i see this (post 54).
Old 9th April 2007, 13:18   #55
Team-BHP Support

dceite, all tints have been banned. Reason "Equipment to check % is expensive".
Same dumb logic was given when this was done in chandigarh.
Old 9th April 2007, 13:27   #56
BHPian

So this mean that even in the case where there is 70% visibility & 50% visibility in rear & the side windows in the vehicle,one is likely to be challened?? I haven't removed the tint in my cars so far..Guess will wait & watch..

Can this order be challenged??
Old 9th April 2007, 13:29   #57
BHPian

Heres are some pics of the Ad.

Old 9th April 2007, 13:30   #58
BHPian

this is the link for the high court judgement. The link is given at the bottom of the Advertisement

Last edited by rishibravo : 9th April 2007 at 13:33.
Old 9th April 2007, 13:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

Advt says order applicable to all vehicles plying in Delhi.

Does that mean this rule is not applicable in Gurgaon/Noida/Fbad ?
Old 9th April 2007, 13:38   #60
Team-BHP Support

Of course not, but if you go to delhi, you will be challaned due to tints.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks