Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 13:42   #61
BHPian

I am at work in Noida at the moment and I have to go back home (Delhi) in the evening. I dont want to take a risk of entering Delhi with tints. tsk sir, where can i get my tints removed in Noida. Will go right now and do it.
Old 9th April 2007, 13:47   #62
Team-BHP Support

Go to Car Raunak in sector 16. He was charging 50Rs on Thursday, on saturday rate was 75Rs, today you may have to pay 100.
Old 9th April 2007, 13:50   #63
BHPian

@dceite

Me went through the same ordeal this morning. Didnt have enought time and thats why the glue is still sticking out there.. Well will remove it this evening..

As for the ruling, I distinctly remember that to simplify matters, so that no one challenges the "% of transparency issue", the HC ruled that ALL tints be removed.
P.S.- Was feeling pretty while on delhi roads till I finally spotted the police guys doing the checking. Got a smile to my face. At least my "efforts" in removing were not wasted.
But IMO it is a completely stupid move. At least the earlier limits should have remained. My car looks bland now...
Old 9th April 2007, 13:52   #64
BHPian

In tvpm i have seen vehicles with cooling film on windscreen with less than 10% visibility. And very few policemen ever stopped them. But in some parts of north kerala they take stringent action against it. Also karnataka police take action.
Old 9th April 2007, 14:03   #65
BHPian

Just a thought: If you have dark tints and stuck somewhere and need to reach home, you could try lowering all the windows and driving. That way no one can makeout the tint. The downside is, the dust and pollution...

The rear windscreen may show the tint anyway, but if there is enough light from the 4 windows, chances are the rear one does not look all that dark.

I know it is stupid.. but may .. just may be you might avoid that policeman and atleast get to a workshop to get it removed.
Old 9th April 2007, 14:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

The advert posted just mentions black film/tint.

I doubt light sunfilm will be a problem.
Old 9th April 2007, 14:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
this is the link for the high court judgement. The link is given at the bottom of the Advertisement
I have already provided this in post#54. Unfortunately, the link doesn't go to anyplace useful.
Old 9th April 2007, 16:01   #68
BHPian

just got mine removed from sector 16 noida. The cops in delhi are equipped withe blades and they are merrily removing the sunfilm/tint/anything which is not OEM. My frens balenos rear defogger got damaged by their escapade and he couldnt do anything....Its sad
Old 9th April 2007, 20:10   #69
BHPian

I think it is becuase of the inability of cops to decide what is legal and what is not. Please use the enhanced fines to buy some more equipment and use that to judge the permissible vs. non permissible as opposed to a total ban. That would be like firing the whole cricket team for losing the world cup(a tempting thought - so don't blame the cops for taking the easy way out!!)
Old 9th April 2007, 20:42   #70
SLK
Senior - BHPian

the last I heard was ... 4.5k fines.... and a total collection of 17 lakhs....

That ... much before the day is over....
Old 9th April 2007, 20:43   #71
Ram
Senior - BHPian

If you care to compare with the situation in the USA,
this website states the law on tinted automobile windows
in each state of the USA.
State Window Tinting Laws
Old 9th April 2007, 20:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
dceite, all tints have been banned. Reason "Equipment to check % is expensive".
Same dumb logic was given when this was done in chandigarh.
In chandigarh you can have jet black tints with permission or do what most people do here roll down the window when you see a cops

anyways i have jet black filming on my car and till now no one has stopped me
Old 9th April 2007, 22:08   #73
BHPian

I think the worse part is 90% of the population is not even aware that such a rule is in effect. When I went yesterday to get the tint removed, the shop owner asked me, summers are coming why are u removing it? I told him its a court order. He said, see sir this INDICA guy on the other hand is getting the glass tinted

I was really taken aback. The govt acts only on HC orders and not on its own. Although they gave notices in paper, still they dont seem to have caught the eye of the people. Same had happened sometime back with the number plate color change

-POGU
Old 9th April 2007, 23:07   #74
BHPian

The new ruling about the tints s##ks and there are no two ways about it.

I'm all for safety. But c'mon seriously were the previous legal limit levels so high in opacity that the interiors could not be seen. I have tints well within legal limits. i paid a bomb(~4k) so that i could have the desired cooling in the cabin while remaining on the right side of the law.

Now why should i suffer just because 1)some snooty bench decides that all tints are hazards to safety 2) the incompetent police dept. had no devices to check transparency of films.

Some other new ones that get me cheesed off are.

Lane driving - 90% of the people don't know it and no fine can cure it. Sure people will stick to lanes eventually. But is there a fine for driving like a mobile road block in a high speed lane.

how about teaching drivers about it in the first place

No Smoking - I mean who decided that smoking is dangerous. Distraction maybe, but then what about drinking beverages/eating/fiddling with the stereo/etc.. while driving. I'm pretty sure they also cause that much distraction.

Me smells a rat. I'm sure the cola and fast food industries have paid a lumpsum amount to get away.

Speed limits 45-55. isnt actually comfortable to drive that slow on delhi's wide roads, makes no sense and isnt more safe than say at 60-70.

The new NH8 with design speed limit of over a 100. is now marked at 50
I almost died of gloom doing these speeds on the new 5-6 lane NH8.

Handsfree- the only thing that I saw as the reason here is that your mind "isnt in it" anymore. So why not create fines for talking to a co-passenger.. and doubling the damm fine for talking to a back benchy. lol

Tints(again)- time to get politician babu's ishtile curtains i guess

Dilli Zindabad
Old 9th April 2007, 23:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post

Tints(again)- time to get politician babu's ishtile curtains i guess

Dilli Zindabad
liked the idea

-POGU
Closed Thread

Most Viewed