Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 03:55   #91
BHPian

Good info love_for_ryder if it's true. Thankfully I'm still using my dark tints in Delhi and havent been caught yet. Touchwood!
Old 9th June 2007, 12:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is a new film in town,water based something. Apply water stick, when you see cops, pull it out.
But didnt seem a good choice to me. The shopkeeper himself admitted that the max life would be 5-6 pullouts.. Whats the use..

The other option currently is of the chipkus as they are calling them (those vacuum sticky black pads available on almost all redlights). Anyone with any reviews on them? (Although they are damn cheap, but cant risk the cheap plastic melting on my window glass.. TOOO HOT these days)

Any other options, till the ban lifts off???
Old 9th June 2007, 12:58   #93
BHPian

i see so many people still using film on the glasses in Delhi... Guess the HC has gone to sleep now.
Old 9th June 2007, 13:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
i see so many people still using film on the glasses in Delhi... Guess the HC has gone to sleep now.
Guess what! Since the past three days I've been seeing the cops waking up once again...
Old 10th June 2007, 08:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
The other option currently is of the chipkus as they are calling them (those vacuum sticky black pads available on almost all redlights). Anyone with any reviews on them? (Although they are damn cheap, but cant risk the cheap plastic melting on my window glass.. TOOO HOT these days)
I have those black nylon netted stuff with the vaccuum stickers. They are functionally ok, but visibility is not good. Also, they would not cover the entire window, so, they have to be positioned properly to aviod sunlight falling directly on you. After all that, i am not sure if they help AC in anyway. Sunfilms reject heat, but these don't. No UV protection too...
Old 11th June 2007, 01:59   #96
BHPian

This is only the latest in a series of rulings in which the courts have have deemed it fit to order whatever strikes their fancy to be implemented as law.

We might as well just disband parliament and state legislatures, since the courts seem to think that they know better than the elected lawmakers.

The Motor Vehicle Act can be disbanded and the court can dictate a new one that they like.

Finally, none of their rulings are likely to affect themselves, as they'll probably be riding in the Z security vehicles.

Maybe we should just ban cars altogether (that'll stop car bombs, right?), except for the ruling class.
Old 12th June 2007, 19:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
if someone has photodermatitis (or sensitivity of the skin to UV radiation) which can cause him/her severe sunburns where do they stand under the HC ruling?
one should give this a try.carry a prescription from a doc though.

You can give it a try, but I would figure a wise-aleck policeman will just tell you go to Switzerland if you can't stand the Indian sun.
Old 12th June 2007, 19:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
The new ruling about the tints s##ks and there are no two ways about it.

I'm all for safety. But c'mon seriously were the previous legal limit levels so high in opacity that the interiors could not be seen. I have tints well within legal limits. i paid a bomb(~4k) so that i could have the desired cooling in the cabin while remaining on the right side of the law.

Now why should i suffer just because 1)some snooty bench decides that all tints are hazards to safety 2) the incompetent police dept. had no devices to check transparency of films.

Dilli Zindabad
New rulings coming from the Delhi high court:

1. We can't determine if your house falls within legal earthquake safety standards, so we'll just tear it down.

2. If for some reason you're not carrying your driver's license when you are taking the metro, and the esteemed police can't determine if you are a citizen of India, they'll just send you to prison.

3. For any games (Asiad, etc.) held in Delhi, no tests will be done for drugs, rather everybody will just have their medals stripped.

(Note for the humor-impaired: this is sarcasm to show the absurdity of the HC ruling)
Old 8th August 2007, 14:21   #99
BHPian

Glass film after Delhi High Court Ruling ! Any updates ?

Hi,

As per Delhi High Court ruling, Opaque film is not allowed on automobile windows, but what is the definition and parameters to classify a film as "Opaque" ?

Earlier it was 70% for the front & 50% for the rear windows, what is the new standard now ?

I have come across films which are said to comply with the Motor Vehicles Act, and some with a sticker and certificate too, are these valid in Delhi in view of the recent court rulings ?

Pls advise

Shanky

Last edited by Zappo : 8th August 2007 at 14:29. Reason: Threads merged. Please post in relevant threads and do not open new ones unnecessarily. Use the Search Feature please.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Opaque means light can't pass through it.
So, 100% tinting should only not be allowed ,logically.
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

Delhi HC lifts ban on using tinted glass on four-wheelers

HC lifts ban on using tinted glass on four-wheelers
New Delhi, Sep 21 (PTI)

The Delhi High Court today lifted the ban imposed by it on the use of tinted glass on four wheelers in the capital.

A Division Bench of Justice T S Thakur and Justice H R Malhotra modified the earlier order of the Court and allowed using "black-film" on the front and side screens with a condition that they would follow the visibility criteria mentioned in the Central Motor Vehicle Act.

"The owners should have no legal impediment to use black screen provided that they maintain 70 per cent visibility on the front and rear screen and 50 per cent on the window screen," the Bench said adding the Court's earlier direction was in conflict with the statutory provisions of the Act.

The previous order passed by the Court is not justified so long as the constitutional validity of the Act is not challenged, the Bench said.
The Court said it cannot ban using tinted glass merely on the basis that it might be misused and would increase the crime rate in the city.

"It's true that the use of black film might increase the crime rate in the city, but the remedy for any such problem lies in the amendment of law," the Bench said.

"Fifty per cent visibility on the side screen is enough for the outsiders to have good view of the inside of the car," the Court observed when the Transport department submitted that use of tinted glass would make it difficult for the police to keep watch on the happenings inside the vehicle.

The Court also directed the Centre to provide required technical training to the transport staff to nab those car owners who were not following the visibility condition.

PTI
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:21   #102

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

could they have not lifted the ban 1 month ago.the oppressive Delhi summers are already over.
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:48   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank god ,time to get tints again.
Old 22nd September 2007, 03:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

i have seen alot of cars already with darker tints then what is permitted now in delhi. i wonder how they managed.
the cops will still catch people who follow the law and maintain the courts legal limit for visibility. this is the staple income for them and they wont let it go that easily.
Old 22nd September 2007, 03:55   #105
Team-BHP Support

So will the govt give me money to fit tints which I removed(which were perfectly legal)?
Some kind of tax break?
I had to waste money due to an unconsitutional law!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks