Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:52   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Yeah,its confirmed now. The Delhi High Court have lifted the ban on car tint glasees on friday which was imposed few months ago. The tint must have 70% visibility at the front and rear and 50% on the windows.
Is the above news true? Moving to NCR in december so need to get rid of my car's window tints, which are almost black.

Last edited by greatDrive : 22nd November 2007 at 16:54.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:58   #122
BHPian

these are my films. i have a certificate of permission from DCP and RTO to hav these films. they are G5[z black] or doors and rear glass. and C20 on front.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:39   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapitude View Post
these are my films. i have a certificate of permission from DCP and RTO to hav these films. they are G5[z black] or doors and rear glass. and C20 on front.
How did you manage that?
Old 27th November 2007, 21:46   #124
BHPian

my uncle is a politician, under his name i got the permission certificate for Z-black films. AC cooling is just awesome. cant describe it in words.
Old 8th December 2007, 21:25   #125
BHPian

Sun films on car windows banned

Sun films on car windows banned
Saturday December 8 2007 08:10 IST

Sun films on car windows banned - Newindpress.com

Here is a news item from the Chennai edition of The New Indian Express.

"CHENNAI: With a view to avoiding illegal activities inside vehicles as well as road accidents, the State Government has banned use of black films (sun control film) on the windscreens and windows of vehicles.

“Those violating the order will have to pay a fine of Rs 100 first time and Rs 300 at subsequent instances. Besides, the registration certificates of the vehicles will be suspended,” an official release here said.

In the case of transport vehicles, the punishment would be severer. Besides suspension of the registration certificate, the certificate of fitness will also be suspended.

The government said that due to the use of such films, the driver is unable to have a clear side and rear view, resulting in accidents.

To avoid illegal activities inside vehicles, and also in the interest of security of the nation, the Centre has taken the decision, it added."

Does this mean that all of us in Chennai have to strip the Sun Control film that we have in our cars?

What is the situation in other states?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th December 2007 at 22:08. Reason: [tags] removed
Old 9th December 2007, 10:13   #126
BHPian

The rule still stays, however with ammendments that the certain range of tint stays banned- Dark ones, Reflective- Only light tints allowed.

There is active patrolling on Delhi roads since last week, fining violaters for all sort of acts,including fused head light/Illegal Head Lamps/setup/Fused Tail Lamps/Pollution fail or no certificate/plus the others.

4 High power cameras installed, for clicking speeding cars both during day and night- I have seen one just before IHC on Lodhi road.

Also 30 Traffic wardens have been chosen from among the Retired Defence category, they have been given traffic norms booklets, Right to fine any violator along with Delhi Traffic Police.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 9th December 2007 at 10:15.
Old 13th December 2007, 16:50   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean that all of us in Chennai have to strip the Sun Control film that we have in our cars?
I had been to GP Road,chennai, on sunday and there were a couple of police inspectors on duty near the satyamurthy bhavan. and just in front of them, a new car was having its sun control film work being done and nobody bothered. i did not have a camera, or could have had a click
Old 13th December 2007, 18:01   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapitude View Post
my uncle is a politician, under his name i got the permission certificate for Z-black films. AC cooling is just awesome. cant describe it in words.

Its a sad thing that in India, one needs to be related to a politician to have sun films on his car.
although swapitude, is I am sure a nice person and this does not refer to him directly.

but I hate the politician's sons, nephews, cousins, neighbors and all those who use someone else's name and reputation(good or bad) for their own ends.
Old 13th December 2007, 18:36   #129
Senior - BHPian

IMO this was long overdue, due to various reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan
"CHENNAI: With a view to avoiding illegal activities inside vehicles as well as road accidents, the State Government has banned use of black films (sun control film) on the windscreens and windows of vehicles.
I am not bothered about the illegal activities - let the cops take care of that. My concern is about visibility being hampered due to the car in front having full-black films - does not allow me to see the vehicles in front of it, to be able to drive safely.

Also, I find it very tough to drive a car (at night) that has dark film all over - maybe its not a problem for most people who own/drive such cars, but I am sure atleast a few drivers could make mistakes due to low visibility.
Old 6th January 2008, 21:39   #130
Thomas T

tinted glasses

hi

are tinted glasses legal right now? i asked because a friend of mine said that it is not safe to have it as the govt might bring a ban on tinted glasses on cars very soon. what about in places outside kerala?

Mod's Note: Please carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread on the same old topics.

Post migrated to a proper thread.

Old 7th January 2008, 10:47   #131
BHPian

What I would like to know is why the goverment is always coming up with new ways to annoy and oppress the populace.

Of course, they exempt themselves from any annoying regulations, traffic laws, or any other laws.

The reason, sofar as I can ascertain, is to increase their power even more. Because the only way to live life then becomes begging politicians for special permissions to block one's car from the sun, drive a diesel car, or whatever.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:13   #132
BANNED

I remember similar anti-sunfilim drive in Kerala couple of years back. Many went ahead and removed their sunfilims leaving some marks. But finally after one month, things are back to normal. Ha.. sunfilims continued to rule the windows. Whoever didn't follow that rule stood smart.

Same is true with helmet rule in Chennai.
Old 7th January 2008, 13:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo
Same is true with helmet rule in Chennai.
I think you are wrong there. Because from the time the helmet rule was announced in Chennai, I have been following the public reaction to it, which was like below :

1. As the D-day approached, there was a mad scramble to get helmets, with some shops even charging twice or more the MRP.
2. First few days, I saw close to 100% adherence to the rule.
3. Then our CM chooses to blabber on the subject. He tells cops not to 'harass' public in the name of helmet. Then he says, cops should excuse pillion riders without helmets, if they are women/kids.
4. Due to this, usage drops drastically, but still quite some people continue using the helmet.
5. The HighCourt intervenes and the cops become stricter again. Now I see around 90-95% usage, which is actually not bad.

Kerala sunfilm thing was different. It was to curb some illegal activities happening inside cars that had jetblack films. Maybe it fizzled out, I am not sure.

But last I heard was that they are enforcing helmet rule in certain cities of Kerala also, which is a good thing in the interest of public safety. Though it is a different issue that this is being done to benefit some helmet manufacturers/sellers that are close to the ruling party (as read in the newspaper).
Old 7th January 2008, 13:09   #134
Senior - BHPian

i for one am against pitch black tints especially on the rear windshield. i find it quite uncomfortable (psychologically) when my view is blocked i cant see the situation of the road ahead
Old 7th January 2008, 17:35   #135
BHPian

I agree that black tints should be banned (for everybody, including politicians).

But the 50/70 tints should be allowed without harassment (even though I would personally want a lighter shade than that).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks