Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2020, 00:45   #76
BHPian

Re: VW launches top-spec variants of Polo & Vento with 6-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
Today I went for a TD of the GT TSI variant. I also had an opportunity to check out the Highline AT in flesh as well. There were only GT TSI available for the test drive and I assume the drive on the Highline AT shall also be the same.

Quote:
GT shall be priced around 25-30K cheaper than the Highline Plus AT. Someone at VW India needs a lesson to learn about price strategies.
With all the happening today, I guess the media will raid that someone's house (if you know what I mean)

Quote:
I don't like Altorz much and if you like it, then it is also a very good car minus the fun on the 1.0 TSI engine.
There's a Turbo variant coming soon. Diwali is my guess.

Quote:
GT is a lower variant compared to the Highline Plus AT in all senses except for the Seats.
Well, there's the thing. The list that you mentioned are from only Highline AT and the Highline AT plus. Correct?

If so, when Highline already gets few features more than GT and get priced lesser what more does Highline Plus?

So what I understand is Highline Plus AT > GT TSI > Highline AT though the former 2 have few are confusingly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2020 at 21:51. Reason: SMS lingo
Old 26th September 2020, 08:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I went for a TD of the GT TSI variant. I also had an opportunity to check out the Highline AT in flesh as well.
Brilliant report. Been waiting for such a comparison for sometime now. Thank you for sharing with us!

I will get the GT, swap that headlight switch and then debadge the whole car. Tartan is simply too good to ignore and the fact that it's cheaper makes it a no brainer!

Have fun with your Polo. It's a great buy with that new drivetrain, considering our severe market limitations! I will definitely miss the 4 pot smoothness of the old TSi, but I won't miss the DSG that much when the TC unit is this competent!
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 14:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
Well, there's the thing. The list that you mentioned are from only Highline AT and the Highline AT plus. Correct?

If so, when Highline already gets few features more than GT and get priced lesser what more does Highline Plus?

So what I understand is Highline Plus AT > GT TSI > Highline AT though the former 2 have few are confusingly priced.
Sorry if my post created some confusion on the variants. Actually, there is no variant called Highline in Polo and only Highline Plus. So wherever I have mentioned Highline, please read it as "Highline Plus"

For clarity, the variants shall be as follows.
Trendline 1.0 MPI<Comfortline 1.0 MPI<Highline Plus Manual 1.0 TSI<Highline Plus AT 1.0 TSI< GT TSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Brilliant report. Been waiting for such a comparison for sometime now. Thank you for sharing with us!
Thank You and I am glad that you have liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I will get the GT, swap that headlight switch and then debadge the whole car. Tartan is simply too good to ignore and the fact that it's cheaper makes it a no brainer!
I really like the tartan seats on the GT TSI against the Highline Plus AT. Honestly, I don't think the absence of a rear ac vent and hand rest will be a big deal considering the armrest can be fitted with around 6K INR and it is a genuine VW accessory. Then again factory fitments are factory fitments, no matter what!

But what makes me turned off by the fact that the GT Variant is priced at 50-60K expensive compared to the Highline Plus AT. And I don't feel the tartan seat baric alone shall be worth paying that much of a premium with fewer features compared to Highline Plus AT.

I strongly feel that the GT should have placed at least 25-30K cheaper than the current Highline Plus AT's price. If so, I should have taken that gladly without a second thought.

And when I am almost in a stage of getting the vehicle, the VW dealership pissed me off with some new things. So now I have put a temporary stop for the next few weeks.

They offered me a REALLY FUNNY price for my current car that I wanted to exchange. A Tata Tiago XZ Petrol which is absolutely in showroom condition. The fact is that we had agreed on a price for the car last week, even though I was unhappy with it, still thought of proceeding it as the exchange bonus was offered at 25K INR.

But now some of these fellows at the dealership claims like they are offering me such a price as if they are doing a favor on me. So it's like after I clear my current loan, I should pay some money to the dealer for buying my car. Non sense!

They have offered me only 330K INR for the record. On top, from that now they want to deduct 10K + 3K for RTO + 9K as my current car's insurance will expire in Oct and want me to handover the car a week before I collect my new car. We are talking about a car that they had evaluated under 10 days ago. Even the initial price they offered is LOW by any means. But due to the COVID situation, I don't want to advertise and go behind all those associated tasks. Furthermore, I have a very busy work schedule.

If this did not happened, I should have got the car by this week as my allotted GT TSI is already with the dealer.

I am in no mood to look for another VW dealer and go through this again. So I have TD the Altroz Diesel yesterday. Though I am not a fan of the look of Altorz, I think that offers good value for money and a fairly decent performance, less maintenance cost and a lot more of space. And that clutch was super light. Moreover, they offered me a much better value for my current car. But I will miss that brilliant TSI motor. So I will think a 100 times before I conclude next month.
igemini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 15:43   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But now some of these fellows at the dealership claims like they are offering me such a price as if they are doing a favor on me. So it's like after I clear my current loan, I should pay some money to the dealer for buying my car. Non sense!
Smacks of fraud. You might review this offer with them, keeping your phone on voice record in your pocket. Then you might mention that the police and tax authorities might be interested in that sort of deal.

Of course, they might be too arrogant, or consider themselves too highly connected to be bothered by such a threat.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 17:11   #80
BHPian

Does the Highline Plus variant also get tinted glasses? I've seen reviewers mentioning the GT has it. It's a boon in our weathers and I really like it on my Baleno. I've always wondered why it isn't a standard thing.
Old 26th September 2020, 19:58   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Does the Highline Plus variant also get tinted glasses? I've seen reviewers mentioning the GT has it. It's a boon in our weathers and I really like it on my Baleno. I've always wondered why it isn't a standard thing.
It does have. Check the official review of the Polo TSI. It is mentioned there.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 13:46   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't all Polos have tinted glass?

It is a very light tint. Hard to notice. Park by a white wall and wind the window half way down and you'll see it.

In 1990, London, I had to call out a mobile service to replace a smashed Golf driver's-door glass. On the phone I said clear. When the technician arrived he said it was not clear, it was tinted, but not too worry because the customer often doesn't realise so they bring both.
Old 27th September 2020, 20:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
GT TSI is a pointless variant.

Highline plus AT vs GT AT
Both have ESP
HL+ has rear centre armrest which GT doesnt
HL+ has two remote key fobs vs GT's 1
GT has tartan look upholstery HL+ has convectional
GT has spoiler HL+ does not
GT has black mirror caps HL+ does not
VW has also removed aluminum pedal covers from the GT which it had earlier.
GT had sill plates. Whether its there or not need to confirm.
You an get HL+ in silver and brown but not GT.
Cross posting again, there is no need to consider GT. GT does not have the second remote key, chrome on HL switch or front armrest with rear AC vent which the HL+ has. Identically mechanical, I dont even see a value in having the GT badge.

Buy the HL+ and you can get the 2014 model year GT spoiler from many aftermarket shops (like autopsyche who sells for 6.5k). Roof black option is available in VW itself, and even the sporty pedals are. The latest GT TSI has scuff plates but thats not something which adds value. Nor does the hyped GTI inspired Tartan seats.
All Highline+ variants have the new darker tinted UV cut glasses or whatever its called.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th September 2020 at 13:39. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 01:43   #84
BHPian

I went to the local VW dealer to enquire about the Polo AT. I was not provided a test drive and they said it isn't available - what a bummer. How can I decide whether I like the car or not without driving it? It looks like I'll be visiting VW Dealer in another nearby town.

The prices also seemed higher than I expected. The quoted price for Highline Plus AT was 10.61 L OTR and 11.11L OTR for GT TSI.

The sunset red shade is a looker!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th September 2020 at 03:08. Reason: Minor typos. Thanks.
Old 29th September 2020, 13:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the local VW dealer to enquire about the Polo AT. I was not provided a test drive and they said it isn't available - what a bummer. How can I decide whether I like the car or not without driving it? It looks like I'll be visiting VW Dealer in another nearby town.

The prices also seemed higher than I expected. The quoted price for Highline Plus AT was 10.61 L OTR and 11.11L OTR for GT TSI.

The sunset red shade is a looker!
That is pretty much the same price the VW dealer quoted to me in Kerala. As far as I have understood from my VW dealer, only POLO GT have a TD car.

I believe most of the VW dealers still have no clue about the AT variant. Yesterday I happened to speak to another VW dealer's Sales Manager from Kerala and he was trying to argue saying there is no such variant called Highline Plus AT. Whereas I sat on the AT variant and shared those photos here.

Also he have told me the GT TSI will cost 11.5 lakhs OTR minimum. Since I had no plans to change my current dealer, I did not wasted my time speaking to him regarding prices.

He was also giving me a lot of unbelievable stories which is not worth sharing in the platform. It's high time for VW India to give classes to their dealers. I am not surprised why their market share is not increasing substantially in India.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 21:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I have understood from my VW dealer, only POLO GT have a TD car.

...he was trying to argue saying there is no such variant called Highline Plus AT. Whereas I sat on the AT variant and shared those photos here.

Also he have told me the GT TSI will cost 11.5 lakhs OTR minimum. Since I had no plans to change my current dealer, I did not wasted my time speaking to him regarding prices.

He was also giving me a lot of unbelievable stories which is not worth sharing in the platform. It's high time for VW India to give classes to their dealers. I am not surprised why their market share is not increasing substantially in India.
The TD for GT and Highline Plus AT should be the same, I wasn't offered any. I can't buy a car without driving it first, no way.

I was told HP AT will be available in a month or so, it's not exactly "confirmed" as a variant to the dealerships yet. Besides, dealerships also seem more interested in selling the GT TSI.

The salesperson I had interaction with seemed less a sales exercutive, more like a "presenter". That they'll answer any queries I might have, no effort to actively try to sell their product.
Old 6th October 2020, 21:49   #87
BHPian

I was pretty much inclined towards purchasing the Highline Plus AT over the GT variant due to the fewer features as discussed on this thread earlier. Based on which I made a call to my VW dealer and I am really surprised about what they told me.

As per the prices given to me last month, the OTR price for AT was 10.6 Lakhs and 11.35 for GT. Now as per the VW dealer, the OTR price of AT has increased to 11.15 lakhs approx and GT remains 11.35 lakhs. Now the biggest non-sense of all. They claim that VW included a MANDATORY GT line accessory pack worth 33,000 INR. That cannot be excluded because the cars are billed as such from VW India. What rubbish.

I have called VW India customer care and they have also rubbished that. In fact, VW India asked me to look for another dealer and gave me the contact details. I have contacted them and guess what, there was a price difference of approx 60K.

This made me realise how terrible VW dealers can be. I really like the car and the engine combo, otherwise, I should have called off this deal today. Now I decided to go along with this new dealer hoping no more nonsense arises anytime soon. One should understand I book the car in March 2020. I was really irritated but I don't think it's worth wasting our time arguing with such con men but to move on.

How many might have been experiencing such situations with these kinds of thugs? People will just move to another brand than changing to a far away dealer. Not surprised why VW is still considered as an infamous brand to deal with in India. Crazy dealer networks for sales combined with more horrible after sales with nightmare worthy service bills at times.

VW India, its high time you should control your dealers or else like others, this brand should also have to pack their bags and leave soon. In any business, the customer is king and there are no two ways about it. It seems VW India tends to forget that, and that too in the current situation. Only a handful of people are still feeling it's worthy to buy a VW car in India regardless of whatever it is. But their dealerships will make sure half of them will go away too. Way to go VW India.
igemini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 23:53   #88
BHPian

Folks, is there any brochure available for the highline plus at? I'm looking to get information about the availability of ESC on this variant.
I'm getting conflicting information. The SA at VW told me that only the GT is equipped with ESC. How do I confirm?
Old 17th October 2020, 01:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Folks, is there any brochure available for the highline plus at? I'm looking to get information about the availability of ESC on this variant.
I'm getting conflicting information. The SA at VW told me that only the GT is equipped with ESC. How do I confirm?
I will receive my Polo Highline Plus AT within a week, I'd be more than happy to confirm this for you. But I'm more than sure I saw a TCS off button on the Highline Plus AT I got to see.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I will receive my Polo Highline Plus AT within a week, I'd be more than happy to confirm this for you. But I'm more than sure I saw a TCS off button on the Highline Plus AT I got to see.
Have you received your Polo? Any observations regarding ECS? I am eager to now your opinion about your car as you have cancelled Jazz and getting Polo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks