Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:28   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
I'm in a tricky situation and would like to know from the well-informed people in the forum. I'm currently relocating from a BS III city to Hyderabad which is a BS IV city. My car is also BSIII compliant not BSIV. So can I transfer my vehicle to Hyd or will it be a problem doing it as I heard Hyderabad won't register a BSIII vehicle?
I'm not sure of the complications in case you are trying to re-register the car in Hyderabad though I think it might be possible without issues. However, there are no issues in case you want to pay the road tax in Hyderabad and continue using the car in Hyderabad with your old registration.

Only issue is that when you are selling your car, you'll need to take it to the state where it is registered and sell it there, unless you can find some seller in Hyderabad with connections in the previous state who is interested in a car with road tax paid in both places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The time has finally come for me to transfer my 72 Fiat from Kerala to Bangalore. The car has a valid fitness certificate. I plan on keeping the car here and use it once a week (or less) at the most. Due to multiple mistakes at the Calicut RTO, the car is registered in a friends name and the insurance (valid) is in my name. Is it better to re register the car here or just pay road tax and drive with KL plates? For re registering the car, what documents do I need to get from the KL RTO? I know a NOC will be required. Is there anything else?
Your insurance is not valid if the owner's name in RC and the insurance certificate doesn't match. In case of a claim, it might get rejected. Even when you sell your car with valid insurance, the buyer needs to transfer the insurance to his name to ensure it is still valid. Since this is an old vehicle, I would suggest getting an insurance in the name of your friend so that it matches with the owner's name in the RC.

Considering the complications, it might be easier to just pay the road tax in KA without the NOC. If you get the NOC, you are likely to end up with a lot of hurdles even to pay the road tax, with likely involvement needed from your friend too.
Old 24th December 2014, 17:16   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi Juggy,

Thanks for the inputs. Unfortunately, the car is in Kolkata now and will not be available for inspection. Any way out? Also, do we need originals for RC< PUC and Cover note?
Additionally, I have outstanding loan on my car. Do the banks issue NOC(4th copy of form 28) if there is an outstanding loan?
Old 16th January 2015, 15:18   #333
BHPian

Dear all,

I am in a complex situation. I purchased my car in Gurgaon on a company lease in April 2014 and I am now planning to quit my job. I will be moving to US and I will be working there now. I however want to keep the car (the lease is for 2 more years) but my permanent address is in Uttar Pradesh. So I need to a) move the ownership from company name to my name and b) transfer the registration from Gurgaon to Meerut

1. Currently the car is on a company registration so is that higher than usual?
2. When I transfer the ownership, is there a way that they let me retain the temporary Gurgaon address (the only address proofs I have are my vodafone postpaid bill and a notarized lease agreement)
3. Do I need to pay the difference in state registration amounts or will I have to pay the entire amount again in UP and then claim it from Haryana

Thanks!
carvoyeur
Old 16th January 2015, 15:31   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
Dear all,

I am in a complex situation. I purchased my car in Gurgaon on a company lease in April 2014 and I am now planning to quit my job. I will be moving to US and I will be working there now. I however want to keep the car (the lease is for 2 more years) but my permanent address is in Uttar Pradesh. So I need to a) move the ownership from company name to my name and b) transfer the registration from Gurgaon to Meerut

1. Currently the car is on a company registration so is that higher than usual?
2. When I transfer the ownership, is there a way that they let me retain the temporary Gurgaon address (the only address proofs I have are my vodafone postpaid bill and a notarized lease agreement)
3. Do I need to pay the difference in state registration amounts or will I have to pay the entire amount again in UP and then claim it from Haryana

Thanks!
carvoyeur
I would suggest to get it registered in Gurgaon itself, Get a good agent, he'll get it done for you.
There's no problem in using this car in Meerut. You'll get a better resale once you decide to sell it. In Meerut there are more UK & HR registered cars than UP15 ones.
Old 16th January 2015, 15:36   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I would suggest to get it registered in Gurgaon itself, Get a good agent, he'll get it done for you.
There's no problem in using this car in Meerut. You'll get a better resale once you decide to sell it. In Meerut there are more UK & HR registered cars than UP15 ones.

Yeah that is what I would love to do as well. However, the lease company (ORIX) is saying that the vodafone postpaid bill wont work and the notarized lease agreement is not sufficient

I will try to talk to their agent I think. Any thoughts if these proofs could work? I can also get a bank account statement
Old 16th January 2015, 15:38   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
Yeah that is what I would love to do as well. However, the lease company (ORIX) is saying that the vodafone postpaid bill wont work and the notarized lease agreement is not sufficient

I will try to talk to their agent I think. Any thoughts if these proofs could work? I can also get a bank account statement
Go to the RTO, you'll find plenty of agents, Ask around, someone would have got some RTO work done. The lease agreement holds at least that's what I know. The agent will figure this out for you.
Old 16th January 2015, 17:15   #337
BHPian

Has anyone recently got a refund on transfer of car from corporate to individual name? I have a VW Jetta Highline registered in Mumbai, which I transferred to individual name when changing jobs recently. I think the refund that I should be getting is a pretty substantial 1.5 lakh+.

If anyone can recommend a good agent who can get this done, would be much appreciated.
Old 18th January 2015, 03:29   #338
BHPian

Hi friends.
Has any one paid the 'one year road tax' for an out of TN state registered car in any of the Chennai's RTOs, without changing the original registration.
Old 29th January 2015, 17:35   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Has anyone recently got a refund on transfer of car from corporate to individual name? I have a VW Jetta Highline registered in Mumbai, which I transferred to individual name when changing jobs recently. I think the refund that I should be getting is a pretty substantial 1.5 lakh+.

If anyone can recommend a good agent who can get this done, would be much appreciated.
Hey - same issue here. Just bought an Outlander, paid tax in Pune. Need to get refund from Guj. From whatvr I have read here, its almost next to impossible ....
Old 30th January 2015, 10:09   #340
BHPian

Quote:

I was informed by one agent, in Pune, that in such cases the original registarant i.e the company gets the refund of the difference between corporate & personal tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Hey - same issue here. Just bought an Outlander, paid tax in Pune. Need to get refund from Guj. From whatvr I have read here, its almost next to impossible ....
Logically it looks like the seller will get the refund (possibly some pro-rata amount) as the vehicle has moved out of Gujarat registration. Will check up with a couple of people I know & post.
Old 30th January 2015, 10:43   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I was informed by one agent, in Pune, that in such cases the original registarant i.e the company gets the refund of the difference between corporate & personal tax.

Logically it looks like the seller will get the refund (possibly some pro-rata amount) as the vehicle has moved out of Gujarat registration. Will check up with a couple of people I know & post.
You are right, the refund goes to the seller. Fortunately, in my case, the company is kind enough to have agreed to refund the money to me (which is only right, since I have paid for it fully). All this, of course, if and when I am able to get a refund.

If there is a good agent who can get this done in Tardeo RTO, much appreciated.
Old 30th January 2015, 12:05   #342
BHPian

Quote:
You are right, the refund goes to the seller. Fortunately, in my case, the company is kind enough to have agreed to refund the money to me (which is only right, since I have paid for it fully). All this, of course, if and when I am able to get a refund.

If there is a good agent who can get this done in Tardeo RTO, much appreciated.
I am from Pune, so don't know anybody in Mumbai. Check out with the large Driving Training School in ur area. Normally these people also do RTO work for fixed charges. Only you need to check that they are registered as RTO agent.
Old 22nd February 2015, 13:21   #343
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has transferred car form Gujarat to Kerala? I need to transfer 2 vehicles to Kerala in the next couple of months. If I take NOC form Ahmedabad to Palakkad, Kerala, what are the procedures? Anyone knows reliable agents at Palakkad to get this done?

Both my cars are 3 years old and I hv paid life time tax on them. I hear that I have to pay the full life time tax of my cars in Kerala again and as per new High court ruling, have to claim refund form Gujarat. If at all I get it back, I should be lucky Any information on this?

Thanks in advance for help.

--Ramky
======
Old 24th February 2015, 23:18   #344
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving car between states - Road tax, refund etc???

Hi, what forms did you use for this? Form 28 + noc from your home state (TN) and then the usual for KA number change? Or just form 27 that says you are moving temporarily here for a few years, and pay up lifetime tax as assessed?

Also given my case - 8 month old honda amaze (on road 6.74 lakh out of which road tax is just under 60k) - claiming road tax back from the TN rto is chancy and may take months if at all, and a fresh 60k (or 93% of 60k rather) due to karnataka rto as lifetime tax.

That's a cool 120k knocked off the car value. Makes more sense to pay the tax and move the car, or sell it and buy afresh in KA?

thanks
srs
Old 10th March 2015, 21:10   #345
BHPian

Hello BHP-ians,

Need your guidance please in this tricky situation. I' am currently located in Gurgaon but plan to move from my current location (Gurgaon) back to my home state (Hyderabad-Telangana) by the end of the year (Dec, 2015). I will moving out of country for a foreign assignment and my father or brother will be using the car for about a year or so till I get back.

I am in discussions to a buy new car (Tata Bolt most probably) on finance either from Tata Finance, HDFC, or SBI (not finalized yet) for 60 months.

Q1: Will I able to pay the road tax and register the car with Hyderabad number after 9 months (the initial reg. will be HR number since the car will be bought in Gurgaon)?

Q2.What procedure will I need to follows and clearance do I need to get from the financing company?

The interest rate on auto finances is around 10.5% I think. Do you think I should take a personal loan (more than 14% interest rate) and instead buy the car by paying full cash which would make the transfer process easier?

Please, your advice is highly welcome and thank you in advance!

Regards,
BM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks