Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 12:26   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I may move to Bangalore pretty soon and dont mind paying the LTT for my 1 year old Ritz. However I donot want to change the number. Do I need a NOC or can I just drive down and pay the LTT ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
No. NOC is not required to pay the LTT. Just drive down to the nearest RTO and let them know that you want to pay the LTT. They will give you the exact value for which you can procure a DD.
Indeed NOC is not required to pay LTT in Karnataka.Please carry the below mentioned documents

1, Invoice
2, RC,
3, Insurance
4, PUC &
5, DL.

BTW:One can pay yearly tax if employed in a central govt job including nationalized banks and have come to Bangalore on a transfer.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 14:40   #407
Mik
BHPian

Apologies if this has been answered previously. I have two queries. I have recently shifted from Gurgaon to Bangalore.

1. Getting NOC from Haryana right now is a herculean effort. I reside in Whitefield Area. Should I pay LTT to the Whitefield RTO only ?
2. While leaving Bangalore, will I get remainder of LTT back even though there is no number change involved and no NOC to speak of ? How exactly do I convey to the RTO that I am exiting Bangalore now. Seems like a grey area to me.
Old 28th October 2015, 17:46   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Apologies if this has been answered previously. I have two queries. I have recently shifted from Gurgaon to Bangalore.

1. Getting NOC from Haryana right now is a herculean effort. I reside in Whitefield Area. Should I pay LTT to the Whitefield RTO only ?
2. While leaving Bangalore, will I get remainder of LTT back even though there is no number change involved and no NOC to speak of ? How exactly do I convey to the RTO that I am exiting Bangalore now. Seems like a grey area to me.
If you have not got NOC, you can pay LTT in any RTO.You will not get a single dime back if you do not register your vehicle in Karnataka after paying LTT.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 11:52   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

It depends on the model of your car.The newer the model, the more the % of tax you will have to shell out.I suggest you wait for couple of months as Telengana RTA is planning to introduce yearly tax for Non TS registered vehicles.

Waseem.....
How about for AP? Let us say I'm looking to purchase a used 2013 320d at 30L or a 2014 530d at 60L? How are the taxes and registration costs calculated for the state of Andhra Pradesh?

Giving me an example will clearly help me out for evaluating my purchase and costs.

Thanks in advance.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 08:23   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
How about for AP? Let us say I'm looking to purchase a used 2013 320d at 30L or a 2014 530d at 60L? How are the taxes and registration costs calculated for the state of Andhra Pradesh?

Giving me an example will clearly help me out for evaluating my purchase and costs.

Thanks in advance.
Please refer to the attached pic and the below mentioned link.

http://www.aptransport.org/html/taxe...-time-tax.html

Waseem
Attached Thumbnails
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-mv-cost.jpg  

Old 31st October 2015, 14:50   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Please refer to the attached pic and the below mentioned link.

http://www.aptransport.org/html/taxe...-time-tax.html

Waseem
So when it says "Cost of the vehicle", is it the ex showroom cost of the vehicle when purchased at the time of the initial registration?
Old 1st November 2015, 01:45   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
So when it says "Cost of the vehicle", is it the ex showroom cost of the vehicle when purchased at the time of the initial registration?
Yes, it is the cost of vehicle when purchased at the time of the initial registration.

Waseem.....
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:05   #413
BHPian

Quote:
If you have not got NOC, you can pay LTT in any RTO.You will not get a single dime back if you do not register your vehicle in Karnataka after paying LTT.

Waseem.....
Hi,
Checked with RTO and they told me that I need not re-register the car to KA. Just need to make a change of address and while exiting KA, get NOC from KA and make a change of address in parent state. Then apply for refund.

I had paid road tax at month of May 2015. Not sure how long I will stay in KA. Should I apply for change of address(solely of re-fund purpose) now itself or when I plan to leave KA?
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:31   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi,
Checked with RTO and they told me that I need not re-register the car to KA. Just need to make a change of address and while exiting KA, get NOC from KA and make a change of address in parent state. Then apply for refund.
Do we need NOC for change of address too? Or is it not required?
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:37   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I had paid road tax at month of May 2015. Not sure how long I will stay in KA. Should I apply for change of address(solely of re-fund purpose) now itself or when I plan to leave KA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
I am 99% sure that you will need a NOC from your parent RTO to do a change of address in KA. It is one of the first steps in re-registration. Doing this, will get you a RC smart card with your original number. AFAIK, only the payment of LTT does not require a NOC.
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:35   #416
BHPian

Is the LTT calculated on the ex showroom price or on the exshowroom+vat+state taxes?
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:06   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
This is a trap.Please file an RTI and ask the same question.They will not issue NOC unless you register your car in Karnataka and get a Karnataka No.

Quote:
Nope.Its not required.They will issue you a new RC with the same No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I am 99% sure that you will need a NOC from your parent RTO to do a change of address in KA. It is one of the first steps in re-registration. Doing this, will get you a RC smart card with your original number. AFAIK, only the payment of LTT does not require a NOC.
Not required sir.

Quote:
Is the LTT calculated on the ex showroom price or on the exshowroom+vat+state taxes?
Its calculated on Ex-showroom + VAT.
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:45   #418

I am looking to transfer my car from Bangalore to Hyderabad and an agent tells me it'll take around 10-15 days to get the NOC. Can I move (drive) the vehicle to Hyderabad before I receive the NOC, if the agent will courier the NOC to me when it is ready? I was hoping I will have an acknowledgement that I can carry when I submit my original RC, but the agent says there wouldn't be one. Can someone help confirm either way? Thanks in advance!
Old 4th November 2015, 11:38   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
I am looking to transfer my car from Bangalore to Hyderabad and an agent tells me it'll take around 10-15 days to get the NOC. Can I move (drive) the vehicle to Hyderabad before I receive the NOC, if the agent will courier the NOC to me when it is ready? I was hoping I will have an acknowledgement that I can carry when I submit my original RC, but the agent says there wouldn't be one. Can someone help confirm either way? Thanks in advance!
At the first instance, why do you feel the need of a tout to get NOC.?

Waseem.....
Old 6th November 2015, 11:25   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you wait for couple of months as Telengana RTA is planning to introduce yearly tax for Non TS registered vehicles.

Waseem.....
Waseem ji, can you confirm the introduction of yearly tax in TS? I haven't yet come across any such news. I recently moved to Hyderabad and brought my OR registered car along with me. I'm not sure if I will settle down here and hence, the yearly tax makes perfect sense for me (just like the insurance premium).

Most Viewed