Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 11:38   #661
BANNED

Re: Car Shifting Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post

I have to pay life time tax here in Udupi (60K) – Can I keep using the TS07 car after that as it is or do I have to change registration?
You can keep your TS registration as RTOs are only interested in the money. Legal process is to change registration, if your car is going to stay in Udupi for more than 1 year. But, no one really cares for it, once they get the money in terms of road tax.

Quote:
I need a No Objection Certificate for changing the registration: Why is this required? Objection for what? Do I have to go to TS07 to get it? Can it not be done without going there? Or is it just another rent collection procedure set up by the colonially corrupt dispensation?
NOC is required from Hyderabad RTO to verify authenticity of your vehicle along with police verification certificate from national crime database. I am not sure, whether Hyderabad RTO issues NOC online. Otherwise, you need to file your NOC application form along with pencil imprints of your car’ chassis number at Hyderabad RTO. Anyone can on your behalf file the application and NOC, once issued can be delivered to your current address by registered post.

If you change your registration, you are entitle for road tax refund form TS, for the unused period (15 years – number of years your car was under TS registration). But let be warned, paying tax to RTO and getting it back from RTO are two entirely different things. For me, I just forgo almost 10 years of Bangalore RTO tax. It’s upon you if you have the motivation, resource, time and patience to get it back. There are some posts in this thread, where BHPians have got their money back. You can refer them.

Now, if you need to change your registration is on you. But, if you are planning to sell your TS registered car in KA after some years; you need to get the NOC from TS at that time. As per registration fees are concerned, it is puny in compare to the huge amount you sell out for road tax.

Another option, as suggested by hserus, if you are getting some good deal on you car, then sell it in Hyderabad itself.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 16:17   #662
Senior - BHPian

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I am totally clueless on how I should proceed and the constant harassment by the traffic police on seeing another state vehicle does not give me confidence to use the vehicle freely in Hyderabad.

Can anyone advice on how I should go about the situation?
Get a TS number now by producing the road tax paid receipt. Then sell the bike in Hyderabad itself.
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:28   #663
BHPian

Friends,

I would like to sell my 10 year old santro (Registered in Mysore) but am permanently settled in tamilnadu. I never got NOC from Mysore RTO and I continued to run with the same Number.

Please advice :-

Whether to re-register in tamilnadu and sell it (No one is interested to buy with the current other state registration)

Or

Drive to mysore and sell it there

Approximate Value of the car we are talking about is maximum 1 Lakh.( Aug-2007 MFG with 130000 kms )

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Velu
Mods, Sorry if this is not the right thread . My search closely matched with this thread and hence I posted here
Old 2nd February 2018, 09:14   #664
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post

Drive to mysore and sell it there
Its the wise decision. If possible leave at your realtive or friend's home and post it on online classifieds. On the other hand if you want to sell in immediately sell to a dealer, but you will get a lower price.
GT3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 00:05   #665
BHPian

Guys i have to move Pune from Kolkata in coming months. I will possibly drive down there, else take services of movers and packers. I am not sure on how long i will stay, if i stay long i will possibly visit Kolkata by car at least once a year. So following are my queries:
  1. Do i need to take NOC from my home RTO and get the car registered in Pune ? My car is 3.5 years old. How much depreciation will be there and overall % of ex-showroom price of car i need to pay as Tax ?
  2. Is any short time tax like one year tax applicable for Pune ? If yes how much does it cost ?
  3. I believe if i drive down outstation once a year and keep the toll receipts / pollution i might be able to get away from new registration. But wont it be a hassle with cops stopping the car and asking for proof again and again ?

My car is Ford Ecosport Diesel and it had an ex showroom price of 9.45L when i bought.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 14th February 2018 at 00:06.
Old 14th February 2018, 06:50   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Guys i have to move Pune from Kolkata in coming months. I will possibly drive down there, else take services of movers and packers. I am not sure on how long i will stay, if i stay long i will possibly visit Kolkata by car at least once a year. So following are my queries:
Pune is normally tolerant of other state registrations but you will certainly find more than your fair share of cops shaking you down for extra bribes due to the out of state plates. Also a WB plate will attract much more attention than a neighboring state like GJ, GA etc.

You had better sell the car in Kolkata if you don't want to take a NOC there and re-register the car in MH.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 15:44   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You had better sell the car in Kolkata if you don't want to take a NOC there and re-register the car in MH.
My company is giving me movers & packers expenses plus cost of registering the car. If i register do i need to get hold of an agent or can i do it myself for Pune ?
Old 20th February 2018, 21:06   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
My company is giving me movers & packers expenses plus cost of registering the car. If i register do i need to get hold of an agent or can i do it myself for Pune ?
My Experience with Pune is not so good. Bribery and incompetency at those levels is frustrating. Then the question of NOC and other things that you have to do in Kolkata. Best thing is sell it there and buy a new in Pune, more so if you have already done 50-60K kilometers.

Hope this helps.
Kulin_Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 13:45   #669
BHPian

Quote:
My Experience with Pune is not so good. Bribery and incompetency at those levels is frustrating. Then the question of NOC and other things that you have to do in Kolkata. Best thing is sell it there and buy a new in Pune, more so if you have already done 50-60K kilometers.

Hope this helps.
Well sad to know about the scene in Pune. I have to get my car registered within 3 months to claim from my organization. My car have already done 55k+ but i believe buying a new one will not make sense in a financial point of view considering i have kept it in mint condition and have to suffer depreciation losses. But i am definitely giving this selling route a thought.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:15   #670
BHPian

Hey

I have not been active for quite some time. Here is my experience or a guide instead. I moved my 2012 car from TN to HR in 2013. It was registered for only 1 year and 1 week with a tax amount of 62600. In q4 2016 I received a refund of 56000.

Neither did I go to chennai after coming back from there, nor paid a rupee in bribe. Whenever I contacted some agents, they said I would.have to show up in Chennai or pay them some 8-10 k rupees to get it done.

First I went to the RTO in Chennai 3 times on my own. Once for submitting and twice for collecting noc. Despite not knowing 1 word of tamil, I got all of this done myself. Had to wait for a long time and push the guy to handing the noc over to me without any bribe.

Next I got my car here and went to the RTO with a registration application . Luckily my dad knew someone there who assisted us with what form and what values do we need to fill in but this is easy stuff. Its a new registration request.
They in turn check if your noc is real or fake. This is simple now, can be confirmed online at vahan.nic.on and they did that. Once noc was confirmed we were asked to pay road tax and bring the vehicle for inspection . We paid the road tax at approximately 80% of car value and got the vehicles chassis and engine numbers verified at RTO. In a week I got my new RC n new plates. The new RC mentioned my old number also.

All this done in 2 months. Now I collected all my documents, RC new, Laws relating to this, insurance etc., New and old road tax receipts and sent everything to chennai rto. Then every month I sent an RTI requesting the status of my refund application . They sent me to various other departments, then I sent RTIs to those departments
Finally every other departments said they can't do anything. I collected all those responses and sent them with the RTIs to RTO. And finally they succumbed. After 13 RTI applications. I received my cheque.

Last edited by parulkgupta : 11th March 2018 at 10:42.
parulkgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 10:30   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
Hey

I have not been active for quite some time. Here is my experience or a guide instead. I moved my 2012 car from TN to HR in 2013. It was registered for only 1 year and 1 week with a tax amount of 62600. In q4 2016 I received a refund of 56000.
Thanks for sharing! Certainly not easy, and most people give up somewhere in the middle.

On a related note, is there a way to get a copy of tax paid receipt? In case the original one is lost?
Old 11th March 2018, 10:39   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thanks for sharing! Certainly not easy, and most people give up somewhere in the middle.

On a related note, is there a way to get a copy of tax paid receipt? In case the original one is lost?
Yes. I did not have mine. The dealer in Chennai had just given me the smart card rc. The payment had been made online by the dealer to transport department of TN. I had checked 10 times with dealer for a receipt but he never gave me one. Then I called up Honda Customer Care and complained about the same, in 2 days the dealer gave me a duplicate receipt.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:40   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All this done in 2 months. Now I collected all my documents, RC new, Laws relating to this, insurance etc., New and old road tax receipts and sent everything to chennai rto. Then every month I sent an RTI requesting the status of my refund application . They sent me to various other departments, then I sent RTIs to those departments
Finally every other departments said they can't do anything. I collected all those responses and sent them with the RTIs to RTO. And finally they succumbed. After 13 RTI applications. I received my cheque.
I've got my tax refunded by the Chennai RTO myself (TN07 Thiruvanmiyur). Took time - but didn't need any RTI.

The file has to go to the state treasury department and some other places in order to process the refund.

So those answers the RTO gave you about sent on to such and such a department were actually accurate, and if you got different departments over a period of time - it shows your file was actually progressing.

RTIs are a great tool - but sometimes there is need for patience and following channels more than anything else
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 10:49   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I've got my tax refunded by the Chennai RTO myself (TN07 Thiruvanmiyur). Took time - but didn't need any RTI.

The file has to go to the state treasury department and some other places in order to process the refund.

So those answers the RTO gave you about sent on to such and such a department were actually accurate, and if you got different departments over a period of time - it shows your file was actually progressing.

RTIs are a great tool - but sometimes there is need for patience and following channels more than anything else
I got my refund from TN 07 too. I used to live in Thiruvanmiyur.

They sent it to Transport Commissioner who after a couple of RTIs reprimanded the RTO also. I received a letter on which I was in cc. RTO was asked why is this file going round and round.

Overall every time I received a response they indicated progress. It took 2 years but worth the pain. I received a refund of 56000 out of 62600 in tax. And here I paid a tax of about 20000 which was funded by my employer. So I have personally paid literally no tax on my car.

TN is certainly much more professional than the northern states.
Old 11th March 2018, 11:14   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TN is certainly much more professional than the northern states.
In my case it took about 6 months. A lot of the time is spent waiting for NOC verification from the other RTO .. and as this was done online through Vahan for you that should have speeded it up.

The trouble is that online payments of life tax are remitted directly to the state treasury, whereas cheque / DD payments are remitted to the RTO's account.

So if your dealer had paid by DD instead of online it would have been a lot easier for you.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks