Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving car between states - Road tax, refund etc???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
The other option is to refuse to pay up and say that you have only recently moved and will be going away in a few months.
You could get a letter from your employer to that effect.
No this is not going to work as I said in my earlier post, i'm moving to Bangy for good. amount is invoice value x 12% x 81% (3 year old car)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
You dont need an NOC to pay road tax but only if you want to re-register in Kar. It doesnt make sense to pay the full road tax and then not have new KA plates because you will again be stopped time and again.
Exactly, that is why I am asking if anyone has done reregistration with acknowledgement receipt so I can change the regn to KA
Old 6th July 2012, 20:34   #152
BHPian

Dear All,

I have received recently my refund of tax from Karnataka RTO after 20 months of waiting time since application. Now another problem, the cheque bounced. any one with any experience please suggest what to do in a case like this.
Also does anyone know how to calculate if the received amount is correct or not?
Old 7th July 2012, 20:30   #153
BHPian

1) If my move my 6 yr old Honda city registered in AP what is the appox amount that I will need to pay for KA road Tax
2) Will if be possible for me to sell the car after about 6 months without the hassles registration transfer etc ...
Old 25th July 2012, 09:41   #154
Senior - BHPian

Dilemna time. I do not intend to sell my Alto in Bangalore. I need to store it and the only storage place I can think of for now is my in-laws place in Jammu. Meaning the car has to be transported from B'lore to Jammu. I'd have loved to drive this distance but then, when I come back to India (on short vacation) I will not have the time for it.
Agarwal Packers quotes 30,000 Rs for this. Its like robbery.

What are my options? If I don't find any tangible solutions, I will have to sell it off .
Old 25th July 2012, 09:48   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
1) If my move my 6 yr old Honda city registered in AP what is the appox amount that I will need to pay for KA road Tax
2) Will if be possible for me to sell the car after about 6 months without the hassles registration transfer etc ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Dilemna time. I do not intend to sell my Alto in Bangalore. I need to store it and the only storage place I can think of for now is my in-laws place in Jammu. Meaning the car has to be transported from B'lore to Jammu. I'd have loved to drive this distance but then, when I come back to India (on short vacation) I will not have the time for it.
Agarwal Packers quotes 30,000 Rs for this. Its like robbery.

What are my options? If I don't find any tangible solutions, I will have to sell it off .
Best option is to sell it off if possible as its a hassle free method. If you inlaws would use the car it makes sense, but if its going to be parked, better to sell it. I am facing the same issue with my santro. I work on mumbai and have not taken my Chennai registered vehicle to avoid police checks and RTO hassles. Its hardly used for 10 kms a months.

Car transportation costs is high and i feel 30,000 is okay considering that you are insured for damages during shipping.
Old 25th July 2012, 10:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
I you are intending to sell your vehicle do let me know since I will be relocating to Bangalore and need a set of wheels or my wife
Old 6th August 2012, 10:10   #157
BHPian

Dear All,

Finally the road tax refund received from Karnataka RTO. Here were the steps involved for the benefit of others
  • NOC for moving car from Bangalore to Mumbai (taken in Jan-2010
  • Car registered in Mumbai (Feb 2010) - Involved paying Mumbai octroi, road tax then
  • Application to Bangalore RTO for refund of tax (Jul 2010) - Filled form 16 (rule 20) + submit original tax paid receipt for Karnataka road tax + copy of new RC book from Mumbai RTO. Important you dont need to go to the RTO physically for this. The application can be downloaded, filled and sent by post. I did the same
  • Thereafter various mail reminders sent to Bangalore RTO till Feb 2011 and no reply received. Came across an email of transport commissioner (transcom@nic.in" <transcom@nic.in) and sent an email to him together with copy of application and other docs
  • Receive reply requesting Mumbai RTO through to verify transfer of car in Mar 2011. Internal RTO nomenclature for the same is form CRTI MV
  • July 2011 - Follow up again with Bangalore RTO and again same reply that form CRTI MV not received
  • Oct 2011 - I go and get from CRTI MV from Mumbai RTO duly paying 60 INR as information fees and post it to bangalore RTO
  • Again some mail follow ups, finally receive the refund in 2012 June. Initially the cheque bounced as it is not payable outside bangalore , thereafter enquiring from bank asked to submit the cheque again to bangalore branch and finally received the payment
  • Thus in two years from making the application the tax was refunded
  • In total i received almost 65% of the tax refunded. 35% deducted for two years of car usage in Karnataka between 2008 and 2010
  • Again in the entire process i did not pay even 1 INR bribe. Going though agents might have been faster but i was bent on going the right way

Last edited by shk_24 : 6th August 2012 at 10:11. Reason: Typing errors
shk_24 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 13:45   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk_24 View Post
  • Thus in two years from making the application the tax was refunded
  • Again in the entire process i did not pay even 1 INR bribe. Going though agents might have been faster but i was bent on going the right way
Kodos to you ! That was quite some dedication & the right way of doing things ! a quick question: Was it a KA car to start with ?
Old 6th August 2012, 18:16   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Kodos to you ! That was quite some dedication & the right way of doing things ! a quick question: Was it a KA car to start with ?
Yes it was a KA -03 registered car which was transferred to a MH - 02 registration
Old 6th August 2012, 18:31   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk_24 View Post
Yes it was a KA -03 registered car which was transferred to a MH - 02 registration
I really appreciate your patience and perseverance.

I did not collect the refund of my LTT from KA when I transferred by bike to MH.
Donation to Govt. of KA.

Cheers
MKPI
Old 28th September 2012, 13:58   #161
BHPian

Hi, I recently got the new KA regn for my car. now I need to start the refund from Pune RTO saga. I talked to one agent in pune and he told me that I need to submit the things with Bangalore RTO and they'll only send it to pune RTO for processing.
Does it mean that i have to fill the refund form available on KA RTO online or the one available at Pune RTO online?? I am confused, can someone please guide me through. Would be really appreciative if I can get the agent contact from Pune for this work.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:44   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Hi, I recently got the new KA regn for my car. now I need to start the refund from Pune RTO saga. I talked to one agent in pune and he told me that I need to submit the things with Bangalore RTO and they'll only send it to pune RTO for processing.
Does it mean that i have to fill the refund form available on KA RTO online or the one available at Pune RTO online?? I am confused, can someone please guide me through. Would be really appreciative if I can get the agent contact from Pune for this work.
Even I am interested to know.
I came across this on another forum.
http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/43909-...efund-rto.html

Looks like you need to apply with Pune RTO (and hence form availbale at Pune RTO)
Old 31st October 2012, 12:38   #163
BHPian

Resurrecting a 5 year old thread because I am in the same predicament.

I just brought my Kerala registered car to Karnataka. I would like to know if there is something to be done to drive the car here, without police flagging me for the KL number plate. I have all the book and papers, but is there any requirement for paying additional road tax in Karnataka?

Please help.
Old 31st October 2012, 12:50   #164
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 1 year old car and am currently out of Bangalore. It is currently lying parked. How can I transfer the car to Kolkata and then again bring it back to Bangy about 6 months later? Do I have to go through the entire process of NOC? I believe it is valid for 1 year. What happens after that? Will I not be able to use my car in bangalore after that?
Old 31st October 2012, 12:52   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Resurrecting a 5 year old thread because I am in the same predicament.

I just brought my Kerala registered car to Karnataka. I would like to know if there is something to be done to drive the car here, without police flagging me for the KL number plate. I have all the book and papers, but is there any requirement for paying additional road tax in Karnataka?

Please help.
sir,

You have to pay life time tax asap for trouble free driving in Karnataka, especially in Bangalore.
No need to transfer the vehicle to Bangalore.Please go to your nearest RTO with your invoice copy and they will calculate the tax amount for you , make DD and preserve the receipt.

Later if you want to change your car to KA, no need to pay any Tax.

Last edited by Rajith : 31st October 2012 at 12:54.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks