Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 13:54   #241

Re: Moving car between states - Road tax, refund etc???

Hi, my wife wanted an automatic SUV since she has been driving a CRV for near on 9 years now and the clutch/gear shift constantly was wearing her down, more so when her previous car - her first - was a Zen automatic. After checking, we decided the Ecosport met the two conditions AND was decently priced, so went to the local dealer, Caculo Ford, who informed us that not a single A/T was delivered in Goa as none had come from Ford. No bookings were accepted...however (yep, there is always a 'however" in India when dealing with a shortage product) was offered to get us one in a weeks time on payment of baksheesh of 2 lacs. TWO LAKHS! After my shock wore off, I called a friend in Bangalore and Delhi each, as was informed that the car was available immediately in Delhi on payment of baksheesh of 80,000/- Anyways, to cut a long story short, I bought the car, paid up including 14.5% VAT in noida and took temporary registration so I could register it in Goa. Which I did last week.

Now my question: Since I have paid VAT in Delhi AND Goa, how can I claim the refund in Delhi. I understand that this is possible upon submitting the Goa registration papers...any one has more info on the procedure? would be much appreciated! My undying friendship and a place to stay in Goa when on vacation offered!
Old 15th May 2014, 14:33   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I paid LTT for my UP registered Fiesta about 6 months back and still have not got the new KA number and RC book/ card. Followed it up last month only for them to ask me to wait for some more time. Plan to follow up again this weekend.
Enquired with RTO , Mangalore about the status of new KA registration number for our GJ registered i20( its already been over 45 dasy now since the LTT for Karnataka was paid).

They said the NOC given by RTO Junagadh that was submitted by me has been sent back to RTO, Junagadh for authentication( by regd post). Only after RTO Junagadh confirms its authenticity, new no will be issued. No idea by when they will confirm it.

I find this practice utterly deadhorse.
Old 15th May 2014, 14:41   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Enquired with RTO , Mangalore about the status of new KA registration number for our GJ registered i20( its already been over 45 dasy now since the LTT for Karnataka was paid).

They said the NOC given by RTO Junagadh that was submitted by me has been sent back to RTO, Junagadh for authentication( by regd post). Only after RTO Junagadh confirms its authenticity, new no will be issued. No idea by when they will confirm it.

I find this practice utterly deadhorse.
Well, it seems that the RTO read my post here and sent me the RC this week. When I asked for the KA number, they said I have to wait for a minimum of 3 months because that's the rule.
I now plan to apply for refund from UP RTO and check how many months/ years that is gonna take (if I ever get it)

Last edited by Avinash_R : 15th May 2014 at 14:56.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 09:11   #244
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I am moving to Pune by August 2014 and want to take my Jharkhand registered Royal Enfield Classic 500 along. I did some enquiry with the Ranchi RTO and they said they will issue me a NOC which will be valid only for 1 month, post which I will have to get my motorbike registered in Maharashtra.

The problem is, I am not too sure how long my organisation will be posting me in Pune. May be for a couple of years, may be more. I am a little confused how to go about it, and would definitely need some help from you guys.

If I get my bike registered in Pune, will I be getting any kind of refund from the Ranchi RTO in Jharkhand? How much will be the road tax or lifetime tax that I will have to pay in Pune once I get the vehicle there? And, will I be able to use my bike with JH registration or will I have to change it to MH-12? Any info regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:31   #245

Dear fellow BHPians,

I am originally from GJ and now permanently based in Mumbai. I have my dad's i10 in GUJ (GJ - 3 passing) that i intend to bring over to Mumbai for my usage. I would appreciate your suggestion on how should i do that. I would not like to transfer the vehicle to MH and pay the taxes here and pass through the process.

Is there a way that i use this car in MUM as it is ? I read somewhere in this thread that we can do so. Please enlighten.. Many thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:01   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Well, it seems that the RTO read my post here and sent me the RC this week. When I asked for the KA number, they said I have to wait for a minimum of 3 months because that's the rule.
I now plan to apply for refund from UP RTO and check how many months/ years that is gonna take (if I ever get it)
Got the Karnataka RC card for our car too a week back with the old GJ registration number on the RC card. Everything was done through an agent.

Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-rc1.jpg

We had surrendered the old GJ registration RC book along other docs while paying the Karnataka Life Time Road Tax. We expected that the new RC card will have a KA-19 number for our car. So, we asked the agent about KA registration number for our car(to apply for refund of GJ Road Tax), he said to come next monday with an application letter addressed to RTO, Mangalore requesting for a KA registration number. The new KA number would be assigned within 10 days.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:16   #247
BHPian

Quote:
. The new KA number would be assigned within 10 days.
That's great news. I got it done through an RTO officer and they mentioned the 3 month rule for me. No idea why. Will follow up this week.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:25   #248
Senior - BHPian

Refund rules are entirely dependent on the State. In Karnataka, the KMV Taxation Act specifically states that refund will be allowed when the vehicle is transferred and registered in another state. There is also a table based on which the refund is calculated. All states may not have such a rule.

When I visited the WB-24 RTO recently, I was told no such refund rule exists in West Bengal. The gentleman also told me a case where a person had approached the courts for a refund as there was nothing in the WB MV Taxation act.

So one really needs to check the rules and law in the State where you are expecting a refund.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th June 2014 at 10:26.
Old 18th June 2014, 12:12   #249
BHPian

I believe that we need to scrap this interstate taxation issue in all the sector. Not only in RTO. The Roaming charge, Interstate goods moving tax and all other taxation.
With our new Pro-Industrialist GOVT its time to relook into this taxation issue. People of India keeps moving to different states due to various work and live hood.
arin_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 15:13   #250

Re-registering car in Mumbai

Hi, I recently moved from Gurgaon to Mumbai and I'm looking to re-register my car in Mumbai. From what I understand, this is a 2-step process: 1) Pay fresh road tax (and claim refund from Haryana) 2) Apply for a new number in Mumbai. I generally avoid going through agents; I believe a lot of these things are quite doable with a little bit of effort ofcourse. Is there anyone who has done this on their own, and if yes, could you please detail the process. What are the documents required, and the process that needs to be followed. Any help or guidance will be truly appreciated. Thanks so much!

PS1: Moderators, I couldn't find a similar thread, atleast one where someone has put down the required process. I think people will find this especially useful given a lot of us move our vehicles from one state to another.

PS2: I'll be sure to write a detailed post once I've gone through the process myself.
Old 29th July 2014, 08:46   #251
BHPian

Hey all,
I had a query and am grasping for a solution. I am from Mumbai and being transferred to Gurgaon for a year. And my car - Honda Amaze, is from here. I am being told that you cannot do without a car there. So my question is do I drive down 1439 KMS or shall I send via car cargo? If I send via car cargo will RTO stop my car, as I am planning to do car transfer only if I see myself settling down there and not immediately. Please do help, unable to fathom this problem.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th July 2014 at 09:45.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:23   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post
If I send via car cargo will RTO stop my car, as I am planning to do car transfer only if I see myself settling down there and not immediately. Please do help, unable to fathom this problem.
We got our car transported by truck(Agarwal Packers & Movers) from Veraval, Gujarat to Mangalore,Karnataka. It was a GJ registered car at the time of loading & delivery here in Mangalore(it has since been re-registered in Mangalore). Xerox copies of ALL car related documents(RC, PUC, Insurance, Address proof of delivery address) were in the car and full set of docs was a pre-condition by the carrier for transporting the car safely. Don't think any of the RTOs enroute created any issue and the car was delivered on time, though I suspected that the car's battery was fiddled around with. Was not sure and did not have any proof, hence did not pursue it further.

Never got caught by the RTO here in Mangalore, but paid the road tax voluntarily to avoid harassment by cops and to avoid issues when re-selling the car later.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 31st July 2014 at 15:29. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 1st August 2014, 13:21   #253
BHPian

Quote:
We got our car transported by truck(Agarwal Packers & Movers) from Veraval, Gujarat to Mangalore,Karnataka. It was a GJ registered car at the time of loading & delivery here in Mangalore(it has since been re-registered in Mangalore). Xerox copies of ALL car related documents(RC, PUC, Insurance, Address proof of delivery address) were in the car and full set of docs was a pre-condition by the carrier for transporting the car safely. Don't think any of the RTOs enroute created any issue and the car was delivered on time, though I suspected that the car's battery was fiddled around with. Was not sure and did not have any proof, hence did not pursue it further.

Never got caught by the RTO here in Mangalore, but paid the road tax voluntarily to avoid harassment by cops and to avoid issues when re-selling the car later.
Thanks a lot for your help. Since my company has registered Agarwal packers as a vendor, they would transfer the car without hassles. Thanks.
Old 1st August 2014, 14:51   #254
BHPian

My friend from Chennai is bringing is second hand 2007 Swift to Hyderabad. What is the procedure? Obtain NOC from Chennai or pay road tax in Hyderabad. I am not able to get the tax amount from AP Transport website. Can some one calculate the tax. And BTW, he has all documents except for the original invoice.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:01   #255
BHPian

I have rather a different if not unique situation -

I purchased my car in HYD back in 2009 and got AP number - I moved to Gurgaon after couple of years and I got my car re-registered there after paying road tax and obtained a HR number. I never applied for refund in AP. Recently, I moved back to HYD and got the Car here. Now, How do I convince the cops here, if they ask for AP road tax? I don't have original receipt and my Car has HR number. The RC mentions that old AP number but what about LTT? Also, Can I use the old AP number after I obtain NOC for Gurgaon for HYD?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks