Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 21:26   #361

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

Hi

I am also facing a similar situation and need to pay taxes for my CRV (Bangalore registration -> moving to Hyderabad). Unfortunately, I do not have my original invoice now and RTO guys are not sure how to move without that. I am unable to get it from showroom either (they keep last 6 years invoices only) and am not sure how to proceed.

Has anyone faced a similar situation and if yes, what is the way forward?
Old 28th March 2015, 19:23   #362
Senior - BHPian

Insurance should show an IDV for the vehicle. Do you have your first insurance policy?
Old 29th March 2015, 10:41   #363
Senior - BHPian

Drive Without Borders:One Nation-One Road Tax

Please sign the petition for this meaningful cause

dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 12:40   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Please sign the petition for this meaningful cause

Sorry, but I feel that the guys behind the movement do not have a fair bit of clarity on rules. This rule had been there for the ages. More than 30 days means you are a resident of the city and are thus using city resources. And thus are bound to pay road tax. What more is from the previous city RTO you can get a refund of the residual road tax.

Although easier said then done. For my bike I had paid Karnataka road tax many years ago. I also retain the TN road tax and the number. So I can run my vehicle easily in both states.

One nation one road tax, believe me will not happen any time soon. Cause for state it is a revenue and one tax also means, money going to central govt. Which no one is interested. Public interest be dammed. However refund of road tax need to be simplified.

What is indeed needed is one body taking care of vehicles taxes, roads, traffic, bridges, walkways, foot over bridge, signals, digging- to have synergy and relieve the chaos / mess that is seen all across the country.

This may be a state govt thing or central. What more is this should be PPP model, to better harness the potential.

But bottom line is we should pay tax (doing our part) and then force the Govt. to give us better infrastructure . Hope this is taken in right spirit.
Old 31st March 2015, 16:56   #365

Hi! DCEite, just curious to know if your problem resolved since I am also in a similar situation. I got NOC from Bangalore RTO and due to some work did not register/paid tax to RTO Ghaziabad within one month and as per the information from agent as well as from my personal query to RTO guys, I need to pay penalty of 5% per month on Tax (i.e 8% of invoice value) Invoice value is depreciated 5% every year.

I guess NOC and TAX are two different thing. NOC is still valid but since Vehicle moved from Bangalore RTO to Ghaziabad so owner has to pay Tax within one month.

I want to know how you handled this issue. Will appreciate Any information regarding this?

roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hello guys,

Need some input.

I recently moved my vehicle from Bangalore to Noida. I obtained the NOC from Bangalore RTO for transfer of vehicle to Noida RTO.

At Noida RTO the RTO agent told me something very weird.

1) Since its more than 1 month since i obtained the NOC, i would have to pay 10% penalty on the registration cost at Noida.
2) I would need to pay 8% registration cost on the vehicle. However, it has to be given in cash and the receipt would be hand written.
3) Last - the most shocking - that even after paying the registration fees, all i would have in hand is a hand written receipt. I would get the Noida UP number after "6-7 months".

Is this how things are supposed to work out? I feel he is taking me for a ride. Any inputs? Anyone with a reliable RTO agent in Noida? This RTO agent contact unfortunately i got from a Team-BHPian himself. But i am not able to trust him after what all he mentioned about process.
Old 1st April 2015, 11:00   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby007 View Post
Hi! DCEite, just curious to know if your problem resolved since I am also in a similar situation. I got NOC from Bangalore RTO and due to some work did not register/paid tax to RTO Ghaziabad within one month and as per the information from agent as well as from my personal query to RTO guys, I need to pay penalty of 5% per month on Tax (i.e 8% of invoice value) Invoice value is depreciated 5% every year.

I guess NOC and TAX are two different thing. NOC is still valid but since Vehicle moved from Bangalore RTO to Ghaziabad so owner has to pay Tax within one month.

I want to know how you handled this issue. Will appreciate Any information regarding this?

roby
Hi

I did have to pay penalty, but i got permanent Noida number within a month. Got hold of a different agent this time, and although he charged a hefty fee (12k) the work was done neat and clean and quickly.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 11:32   #367

Thanks a Lot DCEite for your reply, if you won't mind I have got one more query.

Do you recall, how penalty is calculated I know it's 5% per month on computed tax. Is it date to date or calendar month?

Suppose I have my NOC dated 15 Jan 2015. I ideally I should have deposited before 15 feb. but in case I deposit on 15 March.

In this case default will be for
1. 15 Feb to 15 March - 1 month?
2. 15 Jan to 15 March - 2 Months?
or as per calendar month
3. Jan, Feb and March - 3 months

Was depreciation 5% per year of invoice value for tax calculation purpose?

Thanks a lot

roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hi

I did have to pay penalty, but i got permanent Noida number within a month. Got hold of a different agent this time, and although he charged a hefty fee (12k) the work was done neat and clean and quickly.
Old 1st April 2015, 21:58   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Sorry, but I feel that the guys behind the movement do not have a fair bit of clarity on rules. This rule had been there for the ages. More than 30 days means you are a resident of the city and are thus using city resources.
Can you please define the term AGES.?

This atrocious 30 day rule was passed on 28th Feb 2014.(not ages ago)

Please go through the latest judgement by the Chief Justice of AP and Telengana High Court on this 30 day rule.

http://164.100.12.10/hcorders/orders..._6978_2015.pdf

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 22:22   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Can you please define the term AGES.?

This atrocious 30 day rule was passed on 28th Feb 2014.(not ages ago)

Please go through the latest judgement by the Chief Justice of AP and Telengana High Court on this 30 day rule.

http://164.100.12.10/hcorders/orders..._6978_2015.pdf

Waseem.....
I fully agree. My dad and grandpa owned cars and they always paid annual tax. There was no life tax. The life tax racket was started sometime in the late 80s by one of the southern states, and soon most other states followed suit, as it was a golden opportunity to fill government coffers.

But in those days, the number of employees owning cars was very less, and that too, few moved from state to state. It was after IT came to India in a big way that many could afford cars. And given the ephemeral nature of IT jobs, migrations to other states started on a large scale. It was then that we started feeling the pinch of coughing up taxes again and again.

If there was a transparent system of refunding taxes paid, there would not have been so much brouhaha.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:10   #370
Senior - BHPian

Need Advice - Shifting car from Delhi to Mumbai

I need to transfer our i10 to mumbai as my elder brother has finally shifted to mumbai and they will be requiring the car.

I want to know what all options i have to transport the car from delhi to mumbai.

How much time it will take to drive it down to mumbai? How many kms?

I was thinking to start on friday evening from delhi. Reach jaipur by night. Take rest there and start journey again from early morning. Since i can't take leave from office my plan was to reach mumbai by saturday night or by max sunday morning and return to delhi by late night flight.

Will it be possible? My dad and I are ok with driving down to mumbai but my elder brother is insisting that i should not drive this long citing safety reasons. So what is backup plan? I mean any kind of transporter or packing services which can transport the car in a truck?

Is there option of sending it through railways? Cost involved in all three options?

Also I would like to know if we have to change delhi registration number to mumbai registration number? Guidance, Procedure and other details will be highly appreciated regarding all this.

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd April 2015 at 12:21.
Old 3rd April 2015, 14:48   #371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Advice - Shifting car from Delhi to Mumbai

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hi-mumbai.html
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:35   #372
BHPian

TS and AP High Court Order on the issue of re-registration

The court had observed that re-registration is to be voluntary even if someone settles down.

This article doesn't provide great details and I am currently unable to find the link to the order. It was posted on facebook.
Old 4th April 2015, 01:06   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
TS and AP High Court Order on the issue of re-registration

The court had observed that re-registration is to be voluntary even if someone settles down.

This article doesn't provide great details and I am currently unable to find the link to the order. It was posted on facebook.
I posted this couple of days ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3676567

Waseem.....

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th April 2015 at 01:08.
Old 4th April 2015, 01:31   #374
BHPian

Its pretty simple, what you do is approach the best agent in your RTO. 48 hrs.
Old 10th May 2015, 15:57   #375
Senior - BHPian

Need to know the procedure to transfer car from Hyderabad to Mysore/Bangalore

Everyone,

I spent more than 1 hour on google (including googling tbhp) with little benefit, so asking here directly:

I have been in Hyderabad for a while and now moving to Bangalore for good. I have a four year old Figo, want to move it to Bangalore rather than selling it.

Here are the questions:
  • Can someone post a link to the step by step procedure to be followed? I'm not adverse to using an agent, is somebody knows a good one (car registered at Khairtabad) kindly share the details on PM.

Also kindly indicate roughly how much to pay the agent.
  • How much refund (roughly) can I expect? the original LTT paid was about 67k. Car was registered in May2011 (Delivery taken around April 27 the same year). Is there a timeline to it?
  • How much road tax etc. will need be paid in Karnataka?
  • I can register the vehicle in Bangalore only after I have a rental agreement; this will take a while. Otherwise I can get the vehicle registered in Mysore (relatives' place; even if rental agreement needed it is easy to execute); is there any pros/cons in registering in one place versus the other?
  • Any other suggestions people may have.

Last edited by vina : 10th May 2015 at 16:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks