Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 12:42   #481
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

Today Karnataka High Court has issued a verdict against the state motor vehicle's department's motive against levying the life time tax to other state vehicles, if they are in Karnataka for more than 30 days.

News coutesy from a malayalam portal:
http://www.manoramanews.com/news/bre...ad-tax-10.html

Last edited by bbhavan : 10th March 2016 at 12:43.
Old 10th March 2016, 13:05   #482
BHPian

This is great news. Does it mean the other state vehicles can be driven for 11 months without paying road tax or change of registration? Sorry, I couldn't get the details from manoramanews site since it is in malayalam.
Old 10th March 2016, 15:06   #483
BHPian

30 days road tax rule is lifted by High Court in Karnataka. Details are not known yet.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...cle-year-40089
Old 10th March 2016, 15:48   #484
BHPian

As per the article "According to the latest ruling, a person with a non-Karnataka vehicle can drive in the state for a year without shifting to Karnataka registration."

Does it mean those who have paid LTT in Karnataka last year (less than a year from March 10,2016) can get the tax amount back.

Waseem you are the best person to give more details on this. Will benefit a lot of affected members.
prabhul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 22:43   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
As per the article "According to the latest ruling, a person with a non-Karnataka vehicle can drive in the state for a year without shifting to Karnataka registration."

Does it mean those who have paid LTT in Karnataka last year (less than a year from March 10,2016) can get the tax amount back.

Waseem you are the best person to give more details on this. Will benefit a lot of affected members.
There will be a lot of clarity on matter once we get the judgement copy. This usually takes a couple of days.
Old 16th March 2016, 14:20   #486
BHPian

Some discussions are going on in the below thread on the recent developments on the LTT in Karnataka state.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-1-year-9.html
Old 16th March 2016, 16:09   #487
BHPian

Is there an online payment facility for one year Road tax in Kerala out of state vehicles? Would appreciate if someone can post the link or navigation path of the Kerala MVD/RTO webpage from where an out of state vehicle owner can pay road tax for a year.
Old 6th April 2016, 22:48   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

I am sure you must be the first person to pay LTT for a Non-JH vehicle in Ranchi.

A visit to the transport commissioner's office will help you and file an RTI as well.

Waseem.....
Dear Waseem,
Can you please guide me as to how to file an RTI regarding my ongoing struggle regarding transfer of registration and payment of road tax at JH RTO? It's been over an year now since I have submitted all papers and over 6 months since I paid LTT with fine but still no RC has been issued to me. These guys are just playing with my time and money and now I have lost the patience.

Please guide.
Regards
Saket.
Old 24th April 2016, 15:43   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally Its done.
After 1.6 years, I managed to get my car registered in Ranchi. We got the NOC from Kolkata, paid the LTT in Ranchi, paid 50% of the LTT as chai pani and waited for over an year for this drama to unfold.
I would request mods not to edit the chai pani part because it is the true reality and the sad state of affairs.
Finally got the smart card, though not without any errors, but glad that finally it's all over.
Old 24th April 2016, 16:46   #490
BHPian

If I buy a car from different state or different district and plan to use it in my district (my home is also in this district). What are the problems which I can face or will it be fine?
Old 24th April 2016, 16:59   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
If I buy a car from different state or different district and plan to use it in my district (my home is also in this district). What are the problems which I can face or will it be fine?
Having gone through the hassle of out of state transfer, my firm advice will be to stay away from it.
You may go ahead with cars from another RTO in your own state though. Not to mention, best is to get one from the same RTO under which your jurisdiction falls.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 07:13   #492
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need some advice. I moved my WagonR from Pune to Bihar in 2012. Did all formalities (got NOC from MH12, Paid entry tax in BR etc) and applied for re-registration in Bihar. Concerned BR RTO tells me they have sent the documents to MH12 RTO for "verification" but, latter has not replied back. Now my re-registration is stuck for ~3 years in this "exchange". Please advise how to get out of this mess?

Btw, my WagonR is Jul 2002 passing, so, next year (after completing 15 years) is due for re-registration. I am puzzled.

Thanks in advance,

-BJ
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:54   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Guys,

Need some advice. I moved my WagonR from Pune to Bihar in 2012.
-BJ
Dear BJ,

I believe NOCs can also be verified online by RTOs through their portal. Also, in case of offline verification, 3 regd. post letters are sent to the NOC issueing authority (pune in your case). In case no reply is received, the NOC is supposed to be genuine. Now since it is 3 years now, I think you should engage a good agent. In our region, it is just not possible to get such things done by yourself.
I went through a similar situation. Took about 1.5 years to get it done through an agent.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:53   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Guys,
Btw, my WagonR is Jul 2002 passing, so, next year (after completing 15 years) is due for re-registration. I am puzzled.

Thanks in advance,

-BJ
You should have followed up with Pune RTO after 15-20 days, not sure what made you wait for 3 long years.

Chances are very slim that Pune RTO will reply now;Please ask Bihar RTO to send another letter to 'Remind' Pune RTO and hopefully this should wake up Pune RTO guys from their deep slumber.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:48   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
... in case of offline verification, 3 regd. post letters are sent to the NOC issueing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You should have followed up with Pune RTO... 'Remind' Pune RTO ...
Thanks Guys.

I do not stay in Bihar and visit once a year for a few days and my father is old now. So we could not followup much there. I checked "Vahan Online Site". It shows NOC is issued from Pune for my WagonR. Anyways, I am a life member of WIAA and they had helped me to get NOC from Pune. I contacted them again today and they have asked me to get a copy of the letter sent by BR to Pune RTO. After that they will help me to chase latter. I am trying to source the copy of the letter from BR RTO using my relatives.

Will keep you guys posted .

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed