Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2016, 19:26   #526
BHPian

Thanks hserus. Never bought an used car before. Do not want to try something in my retirement. Yes family ties get me to Bengaluru one a couple of months. With FastTag may be I shall save those sums 😀 Yes unless I get good assurance in Kovai to get re-registration at an acceptable price, I guess I will do what you have suggested. Tnx n cheers.
Old 9th October 2016, 19:54   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Change of my car registration from KA to TN

Life tax in TN is not a negotiable thing, government fixed. The agent expense will be there in both Bangalore and Kovai due to procedures required in both cities.

Please go ahead and sell. Kovai has surprisingly good used cars because of the number of industrialists there who periodically sell off nearly new cars after very slight use.
Old 9th October 2016, 21:14   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

There are middle men (agents) in Coimbatore and you can get the tax paid & re-register your car at a nominal charge. PM me if you need any support or pointer.

PS: One of my project bike is GJ registered initially, re-registered at Coimbatore and then transferred to Chennai.
Old 9th October 2016, 21:28   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
I want to take my 4 year old Duster with KA registration (Bengaluru) to Coimbatore in TN. I already paid life tax in KA. It does not have any loan.
I know I have to obtain NOC at Bengaluru on submission of some documents. What about in TN? How much will I have pay (fee, tax and incidentals) there? Does TN Coimbatore also have middle men, agents etc? Please advise. Thanks. Cheers
You may look the TN Government links below. Think, I will give you sufficient details.

http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/t10.html

http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/registration.htm

You may keep the papers of your vehicle mentioned in the above link ready, before you move to Coimbatore, so that major requirements are addressed.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 07:48   #530
BHPian

hserus, mr.boss & batman thank you all v much! Nopes @ 12.75% of my original invoice value and additional costs with uncertainty of refund of LTT in Bengaluru, the dice is loaded heavily against me 😒 Much I love my Dusty, not a great fan of any other vehicle right now, I'd put it on sale in 2017 in Bengaluru and buy another vehicle in Coimbatore. Thanks again for all your valuable info, Cheers
Old 10th October 2016, 07:53   #531
Senior - BHPian

As I said you can keep it for upto a year or more longer and as long as you take regular trips to bangalore and have a bangalore address on your RC book, I doubt that you will be bothered about it.

You will need to eventually sell it in Bangalore of course but that should not be too difficult.
Old 6th December 2016, 02:29   #532
BHPian

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

I am looking to buy a second hand car in Mumbai which is registered in Jharkhand. Can someone please explain me the entire procedure?

Also, is it possible to transfer the same car from an individual registration to a company registration?
Old 8th December 2016, 13:26   #533
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
Need your suggestions and any help if possible.

I applied and received the NOC from Pimpri Chinchwad RTO for my Manza to move it to Chennai.
However, didn't use it Chennai and sold it back in Pune.
Now, when trying to do the transfer to the new buyer, Pimpri Chinchwad RTO is asking for a clearance from Thiruvanmiyur RTO.
When I approached them, I am being asked to pay the entire Registration charges( Approx 50K based on the invoice price of the car) here in Chennai.

Any advise on next steps.
All the documents like Insurance, De hypothecation from financier, etc are up to date.

Regards,
Maverick.
Old 8th December 2016, 16:45   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Dear Bhpians,
Need your suggestions and any help if possible.
As discussed offline -

1. You got a NOC to chennai and then sold the car in Pune (where it was registered) about 4 years back.

2. The new owner of the car didn't bother to register it to his name, and just kept using it.

3. He now wants to sell the car and is asking you to get the 4 year old NOC cancelled

4. RTO says that as the car is in your name with a Chennai NOC for 4 years, you are bound to pay life tax on the car before they cancel it.

You are unfortunately stuck. In the best case, you might try and convince the RTO to collect 4 years road tax + penalty instead of full lifetime tax. This will most likely involve a certain amount of, shall we say, monetary influence being demanded by the RTO. In the worst case you will need to pay up the life tax.

If you know the buyer of that car try to convince him to bear at least some of that expense. He is after all going to get a substantial profit by reselling your car as a single owner car instead of a 2nd owner car so some of the tax or whatever else should ideally come out of that
Old 16th December 2016, 19:56   #535
BHPian

Dear friends,
I moved from Hyderabad to Bengaluru about 10 months ago. I paid all necessary taxes and recently got my new KA51*** registration number. It was a tiring experience involving around 10 visits to the RTO. But the best part was no brokers or bribe.

I now want to apply for a refund from Hyderabad RTO. Can someone please let me know the process and experience. Has anyone got it successfully. All inputs are welcome as the tax amount is high for my sedan.

Regards
Karthik Iyer
Old 17th December 2016, 18:58   #536
Senior - BHPian

The KA51 (Electronic City, Bangalore) RTO is one of the very few RTOs in the country that has provided very fast, very friendly and professional service.

Here's what I've gone through by trial and error .. hope it helps

Now what you need to do is to ask the KA51 folks for a "CRTM" - which certifies that your car has been migrated to Bangalore against a NOC issued by TS-xxx RTO in Hyderabad. And this will be addressed to the relevant Hyderabad RTO in triplicate (one copy for the KA51 folks, one copy for you and one copy for the Hyderabad RTO). Ask for the non transport section, I think room #5 on the ground floor, to the left of the billing counters and under those huge signs about safe driving tips and tricks.

They may occasionally say no need for a copy for you as they will send it to the Hyd RTO by post .. but given they use the regular postal department, letters might get lost and/or the Hyd RTO may see fit to "lose" such letters or just not enter them into their file till found necessary. So if you take a xerox copy for your own records, you can then submit the original 3rd copy given to you at their Tappal / document submission desk and they have to accept it.

Along with the CRTM - submit these to the hyderabad rto

Fill in a form 16

http://www.btis.in/uploads/document/...und_of_Tax.pdf

Then include copies of the car's original invoice and road tax receipt (you may need to get it from your dealer assuming they paid the road tax on your behalf .. if the dealer paid road tax by DD, the RTO original receipt will do just fine. If he paid road tax online, as is the case over the past 3+ years, then get from the dealer ALL these documents - e-challan, e-receipt, e-acknowledgement, a neft confirmation letter that the dealer's bank issues to him bank issues.

Include a copy of your own bank statement to give them details of where the tax refund must be credited.

This done - keep following up, patiently, religiously, first once in every 3..4 weeks then once a week after say 2 months. If they ask for other docs - produce them.

Sooner or later after making its way through various departments it will finally land back at the RTO for their accounts team to pass a refund and issue an electronic transfer to your account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 View Post
Dear friends,
I moved from Hyderabad to Bengaluru about 10 months ago. I paid all necessary taxes and recently got my new KA51*** registration number. It was a tiring experience involving around 10 visits to the RTO. But the best part was no brokers or bribe.

I now want to apply for a refund from Hyderabad RTO. Can someone please let me know the process and experience. Has anyone got it successfully. All inputs are welcome as the tax amount is high for my sedan.

Regards
Karthik Iyer

Last edited by hserus : 17th December 2016 at 19:04.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 22:59   #537
BHPian

Hey guys, I would like to get some information on the registration.

I'm moving from chennai to Pune and will be staying in Pune for like a year at max. I own a swift VXi which is 3.3 years old as of today. I've been trying to search everywhere on how to use the TN registered vehicle in MH but nothing seems to be concrete.

Can anyone please tell me, if I need to use the TN registered vehicle for a span lesser than a year or exactly a year, should I be getting an NOC from TN? And is it possible to drive in MH for a year without paying the road tax of MH?

If it's mandatory to pay the road taxes in MH even for driving there for a year, how much would be the tax for my car?
Old 16th February 2017, 23:05   #538
Senior - BHPian

Depends - how long will you be in Mumbai / Pune etc? You can in theory drive the swift for upto a year without any objections from the local RTO.

And also - you can continue to use the swift there, the cops are cracking down on out of state registrations but mostly of high end cars like Danny Denzongpa's 29 lakh range rover rather than small hatchbacks.

Keep the car for a year or so, and if possible periodically drive it back to TN and keep a xerox of the incoming toll receipts. Then if you want to sell it, drive it back to TN and sell it there.
Old 16th February 2017, 23:37   #539
BHPian

Thank you so much hserus! I'll stick to this itself then. I'll use the car in Pune and try making trips back to TN periodically. So just to confirm, there's no need to pay the road tax of MH in this case right? Also, what about the NOC? I've heard that PUC certificate is super mandatory in MH.

I think it's about time that the government puts a much simpler procedure in place for all this. Moreover, I believe we should not even have such rules. Every car registered in India should be allowed allowed through out India. :(
Old 16th February 2017, 23:42   #540
Senior - BHPian

duplicate post. mods please remove.

Last edited by hserus : 16th February 2017 at 23:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks