Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 23:58   #46
BHPian

i am looking for a new sedan. i have recently moved to noida from delhi. i have option of registering my new car in U.P (noida) as well as Delhi. what are the financial and non-financial (legal ) implications of the two options. my work takes me to delhi 4 days/week.
as per my information.
registration in delhi works out to be more expensive delhi road tax 4% + mcd parking (rs 4000/-) vs Noida registration (2.5%)
my main fear of noida registeration is in case of any accidents etc.,i need to persue the case in allahbad / lucknow while if it is delhi regd , i have to persue in delhi courts ( may be it is stupid fear?)
N.B - i have address proof for both places
Old 29th August 2008, 11:18   #47
BANNED

sathee46, more details would be welcome please. I would like to explore the option of paying tax while retaining my number.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:42   #48
BHPian

Santhee46, it would be helpful if you can give more details because one of my friend is going to join Infy (Electronic City) and would be staying at Hosur! So he would be travelling daily between 2 state boarders!

Any advice on what need to be done in this case?
Old 30th October 2008, 13:56   #49
BHPian

Karnataka RTO Road Tax Info
Info on the amount that needs to be paid.

Last edited by vroom77 : 30th October 2008 at 14:13. Reason: missed
Old 30th October 2008, 14:11   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Santhee46, it would be helpful if you can give more details because one of my friend is going to join Infy (Electronic City) and would be staying at Hosur! So he would be travelling daily between 2 state boarders!

Any advice on what need to be done in this case?
This may be late but your friend does not actually need to do anything. After all, he would be travelling from his registered residence (Hosur) to Bangalore everyday. Member svsantosh does the same.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:15   #51
BANNED

My friend won a Swift Zxi through a contest at Bangalore. He wants to take it to Kerala & register it there.

What possible steps should be taken so as to reduce the headaches ?
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:10   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Take temporary KA registration and simply drive down to KL and register there! Best to get a PUC done anyway and to carry all original papers with him/her.
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
This may be late but your friend does not actually need to do anything. After all, he would be travelling from his registered residence (Hosur) to Bangalore everyday. Member svsantosh does the same.
Thanks hrag that clarified, will PM svsantosh if i need more information.
Old 18th November 2008, 14:38   #54
BHPian

RTO formalities for transfer vehicles in Hyderabad

I have moved to hyderabad a year back.I wanted to know the formalities to temporarily register my vehicle(Goa registration ) to hyderabad.
What NOC do I have to get from Goa RTO.Pls help

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I had to pay the Life Tax for my car for Hyd, after I had the misfortune of getting stopped by the RTA and had my RC and licence taken. THey said I can claim refund. But then on the bright side, having paid the tax, I have breezed through a few RTA checks after I've shown the tax reciept.

One question though, the RTO who processed my tax, said that the RTA will not stop me now, but the cops may!!! My question then is , as I don't have NOC for my car, am I liable to be challaned by the cops, even though I have paid the road tax and have insurance??? Because the first thing the cops ask is NOC!!! It is was my opinion that a NOC is needed only during sale or transfer of registration.
Old 18th November 2008, 18:10   #55
BHPian

I have a old(5 yrs now) pulsar, which I have been riding GJ number in NCR,Bangalore and now in Mumbai without much trouble. I was never asked for NOC/tax receipt etc in NCR by any cop/RTO. In Bangalore, was stopped several times in Koramangala by drunken cops for some papers. Told them that I have no papers/have all papers (and wasnt even bothered to be checked) depending on the situation. I had to shell out little money for having no papers.

In fact I will tell you what I generally do, especially now in Mumbai. I avoid non-busy cop infested roads like Aarey road and drive on the right of the left side to (maintain maximum distance from cop and) avoid any stoppages for checking. Not much of an effort actually.

Lately I am driving my mumbai registered car right in front of cops,etc.

In fact I have been stopped in Mumbai more for drunken driving checks.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:18   #56
BHPian

The interesting thing about this is that the rules seem to vary from state to state.
I used to ride a KL registered bike in Goa for two years and have been stopped quite a few times by cops for checking my papers. They just checked the PUC, insurance & RC and never made any mention of an extra tax to be paid (even when stopped once at 2 in the night)

I have another non TN bike in chennai, the first thing these guys ask me is the NOC when they stop me. Apparently I have to get a NOC from Kerala RTO and pay tax here, and if I stay for more than a year, compulsorily. (I did not want to change the registration number, so still living with paying the odd 100 buck bribe)

A friend of mine has a UP registered bike in Bangalore. He has paid lifetime tax and does not need to change the registration number. Only problem is that he gets stopped by cops more often compared to a KA bike. But he has to claim a refund from his home state when he goes back (a very slim chance of getting any)

Its high time we had interoperability among states. I heard some rumours of all RTO office databases being linked up and doing away with this multiple tax thing. Anyone has any info on this?
I guess this would be hard to implement as one juicy reason for taking the bribe would go away.

p.s. a cop got quite friendly after a rs 100 bribe, advised me to ride on the center of the road wherever possible to avoid being stopped by the cops
Old 20th November 2008, 17:17   #57
BHPian

My Delhi registered WagonR is being driven in Bangalore since Jan 2007 and have not been stopped by cops even once. Thanks to the traffic condition here, stopping a car in right-most lane by cops standing on the extreme left of the road is an unthinkable act even for the cops

On one occasion, there was a parking ticket pasted on car's windscreen when parked in a service lane. I saw that, plucked, and tore it into two. Something I can not think of doing had it been pasted on my Bangalore registered car

Yeah, there is another thing which comes in handy - a fuel bill not more than 3 month old, kept in your car's dashboard, from the city where car is registered would help if and when you are stopped by cops. You can always wave it in their face and say you are planning to pay the tax soon. This is because it seems there is a 3 months grace period on vehicles from the date of entry in state to pay state's road tax.
Old 21st November 2008, 01:20   #58
BHPian

i believe that the max road tax we paid in KA. and also for life time of a vehicle. As i heard that in Kolkata tax are slabbed of 5 yrs and the charges are also very minimal.
Some body can put some light from Kolkata ...
RTO can do many thing but they will not do as their income will stop...
Old 21st November 2008, 09:46   #59
BHPian

My two cents!
I am currently driving an Assam number Uno in Mysore for the last one year. Althought haven't been stopped by Mysore cops, Bangalore has been another story.
Initial weekend trips to Bangalore had the cops stopping me all the time, and everytime I got away saying that I'm just driving throught the state and will not be there for long.
However, 8 months ago I managed to get an NOC from the RTO at Assam. I haven't paid the yearly road tax at Bangalore, but the NOC has helped in persuading the cops at Bangalore to let me go.
Nevertheless, I try to minimize my interaction with the cops when at Bangalore.
Old 21st November 2008, 11:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

OK, can anyone help me out with Delhi's situation?

I am in Pune, and own an MH-12 vehicle.
I might be moving to Delhi, so what are the diff options available?
(do nothing for 3 months, take NOC for 6 months, re-register etc ...)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks