Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2017, 23:05   #646
BHPian

Has anyone got their car tramsferred from Gurgaon to Delhi? The car is a company asset at the moment, but I'd like to have it in my name. Inputs would be appreciated.
Old 25th December 2017, 23:19   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
Thanks, Sahil.
I discovered that for 6 year old car, OTT payable is 81% of new car OTT which works out to 5L plus in this case. Effectively, not feasible to buy car outside MH.
viva
That seems too high. Do double check with the RTO.
I would suggest go ahead with the deal if the price is good. You can try and pay an annual tax at the RTO. They don’t give this easily but it is possible if you have a good agent.

With the news coming in recently if one nation one road tax you would not have a problem if it goes through which is likely within the next few months. Hence if you manage to pay a one year tax it should solve your issue for any trouble for now.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 23:28   #648
BHPian

Sahil,
Thanks. I have double checked and read rules published on RTO website. There is no doubt about OTT to be paid, @ 5L.
And, there is no provision to pay 1 year tax.
new law may not apply to old cars, only new ones after law is effective.
viva
Old 25th December 2017, 23:40   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
Sahil,
Thanks. I have double checked and read rules published on RTO website. There is no doubt about OTT to be paid, @ 5L.
And, there is no provision to pay 1 year tax.
new law may not apply to old cars, only new ones after law is effective.
viva
Where there is a will there is a way, my friend I have got official one year tax paid last month itself.
But like I said it’s done on special case to case basis with legit documentation to prove your case.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 23:42   #650
BHPian

Wow! I will visit RTO in Pune and ask senior officer.
Thanks, Sahil
Old 25th December 2017, 23:53   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Where there is a will there is a way, my friend I have got official one year tax paid last month itself.
But like I said it’s done on special case to case basis with legit documentation to prove your case.
Please narrate it in detail so that others can take advantage of Annual tax provision as well.

Few states accept annual tax from employees of Defense, PSU, Nationalized banks and central government organisations.

Waseem.
Old 26th December 2017, 11:07   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
KA was paranoid about TN plates. In Bangalore even a casual visitor from TN would be hauled up and harassed.
Hmm. Maybe I have been lucky. I have been driving a TN-registered car in Bangalore for 7 years now; never have I felt "hauled up and harassed". My only interactions with the BTP have been the occasional DUI checks and couple of instances of overspeeding fines on the airport road (mea culpa, there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
issuing the NOC means your MH number stands invalidated.
This definitely can't be right. Issuing the NOC only means that the source RTO has no objection in re-registering the vehicle at the destination RTO. The registration cancellation happens when the destination RTO writes to the source RTO about the re-registration. If what you are saying is correct then it would mean that between the time of NOC issuance and re-registration at the destination RTO (which can be legally upto a year apart) the vehicle is without registration at all?
Old 27th December 2017, 11:12   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This definitely can't be right. Issuing the NOC only means that the source RTO has no objection in re-registering the vehicle at the destination RTO. The registration cancellation happens when the destination RTO writes to the source RTO about the re-registration. If what you are saying is correct then it would mean that between the time of NOC issuance and re-registration at the destination RTO (which can be legally upto a year apart) the vehicle is without registration at all?
A clock starts ticking once the NOC is issued. I believe six months time after which the car registration is automatically cancelled in the original state that issued the NOC.

If you don't re-register your car in another state by that time, you're essentially left with an unregistered car.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 12:33   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
A clock starts ticking once the NOC is issued. I believe six months time after which the car registration is automatically cancelled in the original state that issued the NOC.

If you don't re-register your car in another state by that time, you're essentially left with an unregistered car.
Does not happen. I took my first NOC for Ranga Reddy (then AP-28) in 2008. Did not use it; relocated to Bangalore, took a second NOC for Indira Nagar (KA-03) in 2011. I have not used the second one either. Even today the Vaahan database, when it works, shows my vehicle registered in Thiruvanmiyur (TN-07).

They just took the first NOC back, cancelled it, and issued me a second NOC. At no point did they hint that I do not have a valid registration in TN.

A quick look through the MV Act/Rules seem to indicate that there is no such provision as you describe.
Old 27th December 2017, 12:50   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does not happen. I took my first NOC for Ranga Reddy (then AP-28) in 2008. Did not use it; relocated to Bangalore, took a second NOC for Indira Nagar (KA-03) in 2011. I have not used the second one either. Even today the Vaahan database, when it works, shows my vehicle registered in Thiruvanmiyur (TN-07).

They just took the first NOC back, cancelled it, and issued me a second NOC. At no point did they hint that I do not have a valid registration in TN.

A quick look through the MV Act/Rules seem to indicate that there is no such provision as you describe.
You are just plain lucky that it was TN RTO and not KA.

Here they insist that you get a Non Utilization Certificate (NUC) from the RTO to which NOC was issued,They will cancel the NOC only after you handover NUC and the process of cancellation is very cumbersome.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:42   #656
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know how they cancelled your first NOC.

Back in 2005, I took NOC for my motorbike from Kerala state (KL) when I moved to Bangalore (KA). I did NOT use the NOC in KA and instead paid only the road tax for my 2-wheeler in KA. Did not use the NOC in KA and did not cancel it in KL. I was unaware of the fact that we need to either re-register in KA or cancel the NOC in KL.
Later I relocated back to KL, and the problem started when I tried to sell my 2-wheeler in 2010.
The KL RTO database did not have my registration details and they said they cannot cancel my NOC as there was some time duration to cancel it after issuing the NOC.
KL RTO asked me to get a NOC from KA to re-register the motorbike in KL. Unlike, Kerala RTO, KA RTO are best known for getting bribes. I did NOT felt the need to go to Bangalore, find a broker and get a NOC. Instead, continued using the motorbike and decided to use it as long as it is running.

Recently given it for scrap.. I just got 2500 INR for Hero Honda Passion + which was 12 years old

Last edited by deemash : 2nd January 2018 at 09:48.
Old 28th January 2018, 12:06   #657

Car Shifting Procedure

Car Shifting Procedure

MODS: I couldn’t find any thread on this topic. Please fit this in if there is any existing thread. Thank you.

I have a Honda Amaze bought in Sept 2014 at Hyderabad registered under TS07 RTO. Now we have shifted to Udupi and this is going to be our permanent abode. That means KA20 RTO.

Now what options do I have? What are the legal requirements? When I talk to RTO people and agents all sorts of spaghetti stories are being told to me. From what I have heard:

I have to pay life time tax here in Udupi (60K) – Can I keep using the TS07 car after that as it is or do I have to change registration?

I need a No Objection Certificate for changing the registration: Why is this required? Objection for what? Do I have to go to TS07 to get it? Can it not be done without going there? Or is it just another rent collection procedure set up by the colonially corrupt dispensation?

I am sure quite a few of you must have gone through this rigmarole. Can you please enlighten me about this? Thank you.
Old 29th January 2018, 07:36   #658
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Shifting Procedure

Hi KulinShah. Welcome to t-bhp from another Udupi/Manipal bhpian.

I think you should contact Mr. Gundappa Prabhu @ 9880006060. He's a very senior RTO agent, and is the right person to solve your problem..

OR if you have the time, personally visit the RTO office at Manipal. They are very customer friendly and you can possibly get the work done yourself.

Last edited by samaspire : 29th January 2018 at 07:52.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 08:19   #659
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Shifting Procedure

There is a 40+ page thread on the subject. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nd-etc-26.html

The problem is not in getting your car moved - it is that you have to pay pro rata road tax on your car. Then get your Telengana road tax refunded. Long long procedure. I've done it and it took me months to complete the entire process, including several back and forth RTO visits.

Sell your Amaze in Hyderabad itself and buy something else in Udupi.

Essentially -

1. Get a NOC from the Telengana RTO where you bought the car
2. Submit the NOC along with other required documents to the Udupi RTO. And a DD for 60k + change Karnataka lifetime tax
3. Get the tax you paid at the time of buying the Amaze refunded from the Telengana RTO.

Last edited by hserus : 29th January 2018 at 08:35.
hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 11:05   #660
BHPian

Hi Members,

I am in a similar situation and looking for advice on how to go about registering a MH vehicle in TS. The situation is as below -

1. I had purchased a pulsar 150cc bike that I had purchased way back in June 2009 in Pune, Maharashtra.

2. Eight months later, I had moved back to Hyderabad which was then not a divided state and was under Andhra Pradesh.

3. I had taken a NOC from Pune addressed to Hyderabad RTO to get the bike re-registered in Hyderabad.

4. As the movement was within one year, I was asked to pay commercial tax and road tax once again. Receipts for which I duly hold.

5. After multiple visits to the local RTO and help from agents, I reached a state where in the RTO agents at Hyderabad informed me that all the process was completed and they would be sending a final clearance mail to be obtained from Pune RTO to go ahead with the issue of a new registration number in Hyderabad.

6. This i was informed would take time and was asked to use the documents and receipts until a clearance is received from Pune RTO.

Now to the complications -

1. The process of getting the clearance from Pune RTO is still pending.

2. The state has now been divided and hyderabad which was erstwhile under Andhra Pradesh is now under Telangana.

3. The NOC was already taken by the officials earlier and I do not hold any copy of the same document now with me.

Neither am I able to get a TS number for my bike nor am I able to sell it back to anyone in Pune as the process of registration for the bike in Hyderabad is already half completed (I can see that the bike is listed under TS RTO website when I enter the MH number along with the chasis number of the bike).

If I try to sell the bike to anyone in Pune, i need to give the prospective buyer NOC non utilization certificate from Hyderabad RTO.

I cannot get this certificate as I do not hold the NOC with me today and the NOC was already used in my attempt to get it registered in Hyderabad.

I am totally clueless on how I should proceed and the constant harassment by the traffic police on seeing another state vehicle does not give me confidence to use the vehicle freely in Hyderabad.

Can anyone advice on how I should go about the situation?

Most Viewed