Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2019, 23:36   #736
Team-BHP Support

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Folks,
Help needed..
Pls share any reliable RTO document processing agents for Gurugram area.

Maverick79.
I am not sure if you still need this. If yes, please let me know. I got some work done at the Gurgaon RTO through an agent, and he was good.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 00:01   #737
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a simple question. With the new law that states you can keep an out of state car for upto one year, why do people bother to pay local state taxes and move the registration. Keep your old registration and move the car out of state every couple of months or so. Keep a couple of receipts (petrol bills, tolls, PUC from another state etc.) to prove you have gone out of state. Isn't that enough or am I wrong in this assumption
Old 10th May 2019, 00:12   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Guys, I have a simple question. With the new law that states you can keep an out of state car for upto one year, why do people bother to pay local state taxes and move the registration. Keep your old registration and move the car out of state every couple of months or so. Keep a couple of receipts (petrol bills, tolls, PUC from another state etc.) to prove you have gone out of state. Isn't that enough or am I wrong in this assumption
I haven't moved states, but here's my take on your question:
There are loads of families like mine, who aren't big on road trips. They use their car for their daily commute, attending events etc. For such people, it would be really difficult to drive to the next state every few months.

Also, imagine Mr. X has moved to the place I'm staying in right now. The nearest state border is a nearly 5 hour drive away. Unless Mr. X is a person who's big on road trips, doing this drive every couple of months would be a hassle that he surely wouldn't want to go through.

Apart from all that, there's always the nagging fear of cops stopping your out of state car and you having to provide an explanation, and hoping they understand.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 06:41   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
Hello all -- good news on this: finally, after almost an year or following up, my refund check has come through from the Jayanagar RTO. However, the check they sent me is from State Bank of Mysore, Treasury Branch. Can I deposit like a regular check? There is an "advice of refund of revenue" also sent in, alongside the check.
Yes. Deposit it like any other cheque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Has any one successfully moved a car into Karnataka recently ? Apart from RTO forms what other documents did you absolutely need ?
A demand draft with the life tax amount for your car.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 08:16   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
A demand draft with the life tax amount for your car.
Which car did you move into KA, and from where ? Pls share details. Need full process as followed
Old 10th May 2019, 08:25   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Which car did you move into KA, and from where ? Pls share details. Need full process as followed
An amaze from Chennai. Search for my previous posts in this thread.
Old 10th May 2019, 08:33   #742
BHPian

Looking to move my dad's i10 from Mumbai to Trichy. If anyone here has successfully received a refund fromt Maharashtra then please get in touch. I was hoping to get some clarity on the following:
What was the procedure and how long did it take? I've been told it is a tedious process and with no guarantee of getting the money back.
Where can I get a reliable checklist on the documents needed in both states?
Thanks!
Old 10th May 2019, 08:58   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
An amaze from Chennai. Search for my previous posts in this thread.
Thanks for the pointer, but it's still a needle in a hay-stack. I am trying a amaze + hserus search.

I found some posts from 2015 - where you are asking about moving back. Let me see if I can find more posts prior to that

Last edited by navin : 22nd May 2019 at 13:56. Reason: typo
Old 16th May 2019, 17:15   #744
Senior - BHPian

I relocated from Navi Mumbai to Bangalore during the start of 2019 and with the intention of registering in KA, availed NOC from Vashi RTO (MH 43) through an agent before leaving. By March of this year, I started scouting for an agent to initiate the process at Yelahanka RTO (KA 50) for my 2014 MY GT TSI and found one. While I could not find time to raise a DD for the road tax payment, with most Saturdays ending up in travel; finally got around to paying the road tax this week.

The receipt was duly issued the very day DD and the application were submitted. The next step I am told is to apply for the KA RC card. My local Bangalore (rental) address is apparently updated in their system after my signed affidavit enclosing the rent agreement. It is expected to complete the process and have the card issued within a month or two as per the agent.

I plan to (slowly) pick up the bits to apply for a refund at MH RTO. Is it even possible to dream about it without one if not multiple visits to the ex-RTO?

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 16th May 2019 at 17:26.
Old 16th May 2019, 17:20   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
The receipt was duly issued the very day DD and the application was remitted. The next step I am told is to apply for the KA RC card. My local Bangalore (rental) address is apparently updated in their system after my signed affidavit enclosing the rent agreement. It is expected to complete the process and have the card issued within a month or two as per the agent.

I plan to (slowly) pick up the bits to apply for a refund at MH RTO. Is it even possible to dream about it without one if not multiple visits to the ex-RTO?
You will get a KA RC which has your MH number + an endorsement of the Karnataka tax paid. The next step is to initiate the process to get a Karnataka number assigned to your car. After you get a fresh RC with a KA number, you can show all this paperwork along with a copy of this form http://www.btis.in/uploads/form_docu...und_of_Tax.pdf to your earlier RTO in Maharashtra and they will take a few months to initiate the process. Along with all these documents, you will need to add a copy of the proof that road tax has been paid to the RTO .. in these days of online payment, that generally means you need to go to your dealer and get a copy of their bank statement for that period showing the transfer (or more likely, a letter from their bank confirming that a payment of Rs abc for registration of car MH XX XXXX was made by [dealer] to RTO dated xxx), and also a copy of the challan they received on making the payment.

If they originally made the payment using a DD to the RTO you are saved - online payments are remitted to the state treasury so that all these steps about the bank certificate will be required.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:15   #746
Senior - BHPian

India on road to ‘car registration portability’

Quote:
Owners of cars or other vehicles relocating from one State to another will be spared the tedium of re-registering their vehicles and changing the vehicle number plates, if a planned move of the Road Ministry takes off. The proposed policy is still in the idea stage and was discussed at the Group of Transport Ministers meeting a few months ago, according to an official.

To get around this, the Road Transport Ministry had written to all the State governments with a suggestion to introduce a common tax regime across States based on the price of cars. Currently, car buyers tend to flock to States that offer lower tax rates, which make for cheaper cars. If implemented, this will enable number portability of vehicles across regions.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:50   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
India on road to ‘car registration portability’
This sort of article has been doing the rounds for a long long time. None of the states are in favour of it regardless of which party is in power in that state. Massive revenue loss for them if registration is centralized.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:07   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Do it in time. A delay in filing the form DT may lead to a refusal. I have received a Refund for a car sold to a taxi operator 2008, a few years earlier I had scrapped a a 2.4 lakh done Esteem, and applied for refund, which I did not receive, later while purchasing an Innova I mentioned that, and a credit note was issued and I could use it to pay tax for an Innova. The dealer was not ready to do so, and only agreed when I asked for CRTM and self registration.

Down load the form here.

https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in...2014_43_36.pdf

Rahul

Last edited by navin : 10th July 2019 at 22:56.
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 00:53   #749
BHPian

I will be moving back to Mumbai, from Bangalore, in a couple of months and want to take my car with me.

I was reading up on the procedure involved and observed that the original road tax receipt is required for NOC in KA & re-registration in MH.

Now, the problem is that I don't have the original receipt. I purchased it pre-owned in Bangalore and it hadn't occurred to me that I need to collect the same (Total newbie! ). I do have all the other documents and an invoice from the Honda dealer I purchased it from.

How do I proceed in this situation? Is there any workaround? I'm sorry that I haven't been patient enough to go through the entire thread.
Old 14th July 2019, 16:18   #750
BHPian

I am in the middle of reregistering my car in Bangalore.

Now, I have recieved an NOC from my Haryana RTO, which is an online one. It's just an NOC receipt with RTO stamp. The NOC details are available on the VAHAN portal as well.

Now, the agent in Bangalore says that they need form 28 from my RTO as well. My RTO guy says that this is online and form 28 is not needed.

Please advise. I am confused.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks