Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:35   #751
BHPian

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

On the topic of road tax refunds, can one claim a refund if the car is stolen and cant be traced by the police?
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:08   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
On the topic of road tax refunds, can one claim a refund if the car is stolen and cant be traced by the police?
In such a case, if you are claiming insurance the first thing the insurer asks for is the original RC, full set of keys and sale paperwork (form 29-30).

You have effectively made over the car to the insurer, and also given up the original RC which you will need in order to scrap for refunding your taxes.

If the vehicle is recovered later after the payout happens, the insurer will sell it to recover part of their costs in refunding your IDV.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 17:51   #753

Question regarding Owen's Jeep Trailer

Hi, need some help on my Owen's Jeep trailer. It was on agricultural land till recently. If I bring it to urban area (Chennai/Bangalore) what would be the tax I would have to pay on it? Folks in RTO office in Chennai seem rather baffled by a trailer that has its own RC book with a separate registration no.

Any insights into this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Candy

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2019 at 17:08. Reason: Spacing.
Old 7th August 2019, 19:06   #754
Senior - BHPian

Re: Question regarding Owen's Jeep Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Any insights into this would be highly appreciated.
Need some information before i could help you.

In which state is the Jeep and Trailer registered and in which state you want to get it transfered to.?

Waseem.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 10th August 2019, 18:39   #755

Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc.

Hello Team,

Subject - PUC renewal in Kolkata for vehicles registered in other states.

I am driving a car in Kolkata which is registered in Karnataka. I have been using the car here since 2017 and have had no issues with any documentation till now. I have avoided the re-registration path due to the notorious hassles and money matters of-course (the car is under finance and loan pending till March 2021) and have been awaiting the 'Unified Vehicle Licence and Registration' process to come into act.

I have been getting the PUC of the car renewed without any questions asked for the last 2 years without any issues., but I am apprehensive about the next PUC renewal (due on 01-Sep-2019) after a recent information I got while visiting a pump for re-fuelling (on the day of writing this post - 10-Aug-2019).

As per a new directive from the West Bengal Motor Vehicles department the PUC testing personnel are looking up for the vehicle information in a website to find the emission details.

They are not able to proceed with the tests, if the vehicle details are not found in the site, and are giving print out of the message "Please contact RTO to update Fuel norms" (please see image), and have asked vehicle owners to contact respective RTO office for further actions.

This is a cause of concern for me, because what about those vehicles which are not registered in West Bengal, as no RTO will have the vehicle details?

I believe there are many others sharing the same plight, or have had the same issue while PUC renewal.

I will visit an RTO office myself to get more information on the process, which I will share subsequently for the benefit of others in the same predicament as mine.

In the meanwhile I will be very grateful to receive any information or solution the issue experienced by others.

Many thanks and best regards.

Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-img_20190810_182338.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
VirginWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 19:02   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginWheels View Post
As per a new directive from the West Bengal Motor Vehicles department the PUC testing personnel are looking up for the vehicle information in a website to find the emission details.

They are not able to proceed with the tests, if the vehicle details are not found in the site, and are giving print out of the message "Please contact RTO to update Fuel norms" (please see image), and have asked vehicle owners to contact respective RTO office for further actions.

This is a cause of concern for me, because what about those vehicles which are not registered in West Bengal, as no RTO will have the vehicle details?
I believe this website that they're referring to is the Vahan website. Vahan's database has records of all vehicles across all RTOs, irrespective of the state they belong to. The only vehicles whose records aren't found online are of those that were registered before the RTOs started digitally uploading vehicle information, and whose fitness wasn't renewed subsequently. Going by your post, your car seems to be a new one so you don't have to worry about your records not being on the Vahan database.
Furthermore, you can visit the Vahan website and enter your car's registration number to find out if the records show up or not. Link: http://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces...chstatus.xhtml

If the above checks out, I don't think you need to waste precious time visiting the RTO and finding out about this. If at all any issue comes up during the next PUC renewal, just visit another petrol pump and get the job done. I'm from Kolkata myself and I got both my car's and bike's PUC done from a pump in Central Kolkata in the past month. No online details were checked, no phone number was demanded and no OTP was sent or asked for. Relax
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 23:47   #757

Thank you 'boniver'

I did check my vehicles in the VAAHAN site. http://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces...chstatus.xhtml
All details are present and correct, except the field "emission norms" which says "Not Available"
Old 13th August 2019, 01:09   #758

Urgent help needed!

I am driving a Karnataka registered (RTO - KA03) car in Kolkata since 2017 and I did not take an NOC from Karnataka RTO when moving to Kolkata as the duration of my stay in Kolkata was uncertain.

Now I want to get an NOC from Karnataka and wish to re-register the vehicle in West Bengal. I have a car loan with SBI Mahadevpura branch, which I will be foreclosing.

I need help with the following queries:

1. Do I have to take the car to Bangalore for obtaining the NOC? I will be going there anyways to close the loan and bank formalities.

2. Do I need to be physically present at the RTO to obtain an NOC? Can I get it done by an agent? If so, kindly share the contacts. My email id is rajibghosh.rg@gmail.com

3.The Karnataka Transport Department website lists ‘Emission Test Certificate’ as one of the documents. I currently have a PUCC from Kolkata which is expiring on 30-Aug-2019. Will that be accepted or do they need one from Karnataka? If that is the scenario, I have no option but to drive the car to Bangalore.

Plan B (will be very sad and unacceptable though.)

I have had a visit to one of their branches in Kolkata and they said they can buy the car, but since I have a loan with SBI in a different city, I will have to close the loan myself first and obtain Form35.

My car was purchased in June 2016 and I have no intentions to sell.

Please advise…
Thanks in advance.
VirginWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 09:18   #759
BHPian

Quote:
I need help with the following queries:

1. Do I have to take the car to Bangalore for obtaining the NOC? I will be going there anyways to close the loan and bank formalities.

2. Do I need to be physically present at the RTO to obtain an NOC? Can I get it done by an agent? If so, kindly share the contacts. My email id is rajibghosh.rg@gmail.com

3.The Karnataka Transport Department website lists ‘Emission Test Certificate’ as one of the documents. I currently have a PUCC from Kolkata which is expiring on 30-Aug-2019. Will that be accepted or do they need one from Karnataka? If that is the scenario, I have no option but to drive the car to Bangalore.

Please advise…
No need to travel back to Bangalore
I recently got the same done for my i10 from bangalore to jharkhand
Get hold of an RTO agent , he got me hypothetication removal ( I had the bank NOC with me since 2009, it was accepted) and NOC done for around 4k in a week's time. Had to courier him original RC and pencil mark of chassis on blank paper.

For Bank NOC, try asking a friendly bank official or this agent. Better if you have a friend in Bangalore who can help.

The agent was Mr sharif:9341215530, I had a professional experience. His contact came up during searching tbhp.
Bangalore was painless, I had much more trouble and time spent at my local RTO

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th August 2019 at 17:13. Reason: trimmed quoted post
vikramvicky1984 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 10:59   #760
BHPian

Maharashtra: Out of state cars/bikes transit period reduced to 60 days from 90 days. Post 60 days local road tax is required to be paid. However, there is a provision of keeping a car for an year by paying nominal fee of up to Rs. 1500/-

Quote:
The circular also mentions that battery-operated vehicles will get a 50% waiver if any tax is levied. At present, e-vehicles are exempt of taxes. The rules will come into effect this Friday.
Quote:
The new rules also provides for riders or motorists with disability to own tax-free automatic transmission vehicle not costing more than Rs 10 lakh. This also includes vehicles specially designed, constructed or modified for the driver with physical disabilities. If the vehicle cost exceeds Rs 10 lakh, the relief is 75% and 50% for vehicles above Rs 20 lakh.

Source ETAuto

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 13th August 2019 at 11:15.
Old 14th August 2019, 16:24   #761

Re: Question regarding Owen's Jeep Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
In which state is the Jeep and Trailer registered and in which state you want to get it transfered to.?
Hi waseem,

New to this site. I thought I had replied but not sure if i managed. The jeep and trailer are Chennai Tamil Nadu registration. I do not want to move them out of the state.

I want to know the authority by which the Owens Jeep tailor is got a separate RC book and road tax. Want to pay the lifetime tax. Want the auth. for the same.

Regards,

Candy

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2019 at 17:17. Reason: Quote trimmed. Spacing.
Old 19th August 2019, 15:03   #762

Quote:
Hello Team,

Subject - PUC renewal in Kolkata for vehicles registered in other states.
I have got the PUC renewed. Had it done from a bunk on Basanti highway.
Thanks all for the help and suggestions.

Best regards.
Old 19th August 2019, 17:52   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Guys, I have a simple question. With the new law that states you can keep an out of state car for upto one year, why do people bother to pay local state taxes and move the registration. Keep your old registration and move the car out of state every couple of months or so. Keep a couple of receipts (petrol bills, tolls, PUC from another state etc.) to prove you have gone out of state. Isn't that enough or am I wrong in this assumption
I was also thinking of doing the same thing. Has anyone tried to do this? I have a MH registered car that is being run in Kolkata. Can I go to Jharkhand/ Orissa and get the PUC and keep the toll/ petrol receipts to show it to traffic police when questioned?

Any other way to work around this rule?
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 18:15   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
I was also thinking of doing the same thing. Has anyone tried to do this? I have a MH registered car that is being run in Kolkata. Can I go to Jharkhand/ Orissa and get the PUC and keep the toll/ petrol receipts to show it to traffic police when questioned?

Any other way to work around this rule?
That will fall flat if you have parking stickers from a Kolkata apartment building / office block etc or if you're stopped by a local cop who has seen your vehicle around many times.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:57   #765

Dear Team,

Is there an option to pay RoadTax in WB for a KA registered car, without changing original registration number?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks