Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th April 2021, 16:01   #871

Default Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Hi - My friend has a MH Pune registered polo that is currently being used in Bangalore. He wants to change to KA number but that is not possible without NOC from Pune RTO. Can someone share contact of a reliable RTO agent in Pune who can help with the NOC without the need to travel?
There may not be a need to travel to Pune to get the NOC. My parents have recently moved from Mumbai to Bengaluru and we are seriously considering moving the Skoda Laura from Mumbai to here. While checking online (https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml), I found that as long as the vehicle registration details in Mumbai are on the Parivahan website, it should be fairly easy to get the NOC online itself without going to Pune.

I started the exercise to get the NOC but stopped because the vehicle is still in Mumbai and we don't know when I can go there and drive it down. There is also a discussion in the family on whether it is worth bringing the car here so it may well be that I don't. Do give it a try and let us know your friend's experience here.
Old 13th April 2021, 17:08   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
There may not be a need to travel to Pune to get the NOC. My parents have recently moved from Mumbai to Bengaluru and we are seriously considering moving the Skoda Laura from Mumbai to here.
About the NOC - issue is that it needs a certificate from the police to the effect that the car is not in their records as stolen, under any court proceeding etc. The rest of the process at the RTO is digital, but you need to get a standard certificate from the police (where you can get it varies, in Chennai it is the police commissioner's office) and I am not sure that is an online process as yet.
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:37   #873
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I missed this query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Where can I find the life tax paid challan? I dont remember getting any document like this during delivery of the vehicle.
It looks something like the attached.
However even if you don't have it, might not be an issue - RC book should be good enough.
Name:  taxToken.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  34.3 KB

Quote:
2) An address proof (original & copy). A Rs.4 court fee stamp - Which address proof? My future address? I had given the address of my bank while getting the vehicle. And the Rs 4 court fee stamp has to be pasted on which form?
For NOC, your local TN address IIRC - do go through this link for clarification.
https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index....cate#Procedure

Quote:
3) TN Police NOC, the procedure to get this is as below: Will the NOC obtained from NCRB be valid?
No. NCRB as I mentioned might be asked at PB where you register. For TN police NOC, I listed the process, though don't know how it is for TN-39.

Quote:
Most Chennai RTOs have option of filing for NOC online, paying the fees (Rs 50) online and some also have the option to book a time slot online to go submit originals for verification. Originals as in address proof, insurance and PUC?
Yes.

Quote:
Once all documents are submitted at the RTO, the NOC pasted behind the original RC + 2 copies of NOC should reach you in a week max. This will come to my new address or the old one where the vehicle is (was) currently registered?
I got the NOC using an agent - she collected it for me. Anyway go through the Wiki link for clarification in your case.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed