Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2021, 16:01   #871
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Hi - My friend has a MH Pune registered polo that is currently being used in Bangalore. He wants to change to KA number but that is not possible without NOC from Pune RTO. Can someone share contact of a reliable RTO agent in Pune who can help with the NOC without the need to travel?
There may not be a need to travel to Pune to get the NOC. My parents have recently moved from Mumbai to Bengaluru and we are seriously considering moving the Skoda Laura from Mumbai to here. While checking online (https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml), I found that as long as the vehicle registration details in Mumbai are on the Parivahan website, it should be fairly easy to get the NOC online itself without going to Pune.

I started the exercise to get the NOC but stopped because the vehicle is still in Mumbai and we don't know when I can go there and drive it down. There is also a discussion in the family on whether it is worth bringing the car here so it may well be that I don't. Do give it a try and let us know your friend's experience here.
Old 13th April 2021, 17:08   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
There may not be a need to travel to Pune to get the NOC. My parents have recently moved from Mumbai to Bengaluru and we are seriously considering moving the Skoda Laura from Mumbai to here.
About the NOC - issue is that it needs a certificate from the police to the effect that the car is not in their records as stolen, under any court proceeding etc. The rest of the process at the RTO is digital, but you need to get a standard certificate from the police (where you can get it varies, in Chennai it is the police commissioner's office) and I am not sure that is an online process as yet.
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:37   #873
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I missed this query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Where can I find the life tax paid challan? I dont remember getting any document like this during delivery of the vehicle.
It looks something like the attached.
However even if you don't have it, might not be an issue - RC book should be good enough.
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-taxtoken.jpg

Quote:
2) An address proof (original & copy). A Rs.4 court fee stamp - Which address proof? My future address? I had given the address of my bank while getting the vehicle. And the Rs 4 court fee stamp has to be pasted on which form?
For NOC, your local TN address IIRC - do go through this link for clarification.
https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index....cate#Procedure

Quote:
3) TN Police NOC, the procedure to get this is as below: Will the NOC obtained from NCRB be valid?
No. NCRB as I mentioned might be asked at PB where you register. For TN police NOC, I listed the process, though don't know how it is for TN-39.

Quote:
Most Chennai RTOs have option of filing for NOC online, paying the fees (Rs 50) online and some also have the option to book a time slot online to go submit originals for verification. Originals as in address proof, insurance and PUC?
Yes.

Quote:
Once all documents are submitted at the RTO, the NOC pasted behind the original RC + 2 copies of NOC should reach you in a week max. This will come to my new address or the old one where the vehicle is (was) currently registered?
I got the NOC using an agent - she collected it for me. Anyway go through the Wiki link for clarification in your case.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 21:29   #874
BHPian

Hi,
I am planning to get my TS registered vehicle to Jaipur for the next few months till the WFH situation continues in our office (current ETA is around March 2022). How long can we keep the vehicle without paying road tax in Rajasthan, tried searching on the net but didn't get anything conclusive.

Also, any experiences of people facing issues in Jaipur from the cops over an out of state vehicle? I know first hand that they are not normally bothered about DL or HR registered vehicles (soft corner for neighbors ), but not sure if TS registration would get more attention.
Old 19th August 2021, 23:20   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshc View Post
Also, any experiences of people facing issues in Jaipur from the cops over an out of state vehicle? I know first hand that they are not normally bothered about DL or HR registered vehicles (soft corner for neighbors ), but not sure if TS registration would get more attention.
I have been driving a KA registered EcoSport in Jaipur for over 8 months now and have not once been stopped by a traffic cop. I frequently do the Jaipur - Sikar trip as well and haven't faced any issue till date.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:05   #876
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

A bit of a curious question here. So in a couple of years, I intend to get hold of a car nearing it's life cycle in NCR (or could be other state vehicles too, depending on the deal available). I would be getting it re-register here at Lucknow (UP).

What I'd like to know is that what kind of a road tax would I be paying for a re-registration of 7-9 year old car. Pay a road tax of 6L on a 5 series bought for 16L sounds absurd.

Is the value calculated by bluebook (current) value or by initial purchase value during a re-registration? Can someone shed some light on the same?
Old 29th August 2021, 16:57   #877
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone throw more light on this? Will it cover existing cars as well or only applicable on new vehicles.

Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-img20210829wa0019.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:06. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Mile_muncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 19:20   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_muncher View Post
Will it cover existing cars as well or only applicable on new vehicles.
This is being discussed in a separate thread. Please have a look at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...e-another.html

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 19:35   #879
BHPian

I am selling my Ford Ecosport AT, 2020 Model, I am located in Assam and so far, I got very very few enquires cause its a Petrol plus Automatic, and so no takers.
But I did came across few enquiries from person from other states, specially few guys from Bangalore.
But I am totally a newbie in selling a car, interstate car sell is a totally uncharted territory for me.
But with the current sale scenario I am seeing here, I might get better value if I get a buyer from another state.
But the interstate ownership transfer will be a big hassle I feel
Old 1st September 2021, 18:38   #880
BHPian

I have a question:

For transfer of car from one state to another, we have to pay road tax in the new state where it is to be registered and (try to) get a refund from the earlier state where it was registered. This itself becomes a costly exercise as the tax is based on the original Invoice value.

I think road taxes are waived for EVs in most states, Maharashtra has it at Rs.2500 only.

Therefore, if I were to purchase an EV from Delhi and register it in Maharashtra, the cost of transfer including the Road Tax would be nominal or at part with a transfer of any other car within state.
Is this correct? Has anyone done this or experienced a case like this?

I tried to check with an RTO agent but he is unaware, obviously because such cases will be rare.
Old 9th September 2021, 01:51   #881

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this query. Mods please merge/change if necessary.

I’m from Chandigarh and was looking to buy a Ninja 1000, couldn’t find a used one anywhere near. Finally found one in Kolkata on Olx - http://www.olx.in/item/kawasaki-ninj...iid-1619777639. Getting it at 8 Lacs and the condition seems mint. Done 850kms.

I want to get it transferred and registered in Chandigarh. Had a talk with the owner and everything was discussed, now when I asked him about the Road Tax Refund from Kolkata RTO, he said he won’t be able to help me in that as he doesn’t want to get into that hassle.

According to my knowledge one gets a Road tax refund from the RTO after it has been registered in the other state, will the refund cheque be generated in my name or the original owners name moreover how much time would it take and is the hassle worth it?

Saving quite a significant amount if the refund happens. If anyone from Kolkata can guide/help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 26th September 2021, 12:17   #882
BHPian

Has anyone transferred their AP registered vehicle to KA recently? I was told that everything in AP is online and I was not able to find the details. What it the procedure to bring it here as there is a transfer of ownership is also involved? Thanks in advance.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:55   #883

Re: Transferring a TN registered car to KL - full detailed process

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Pay the required taxes and fees at RTO. New RC should reach you in a week.
Will this RC have an incremented "Owner serial number" in the RC or it'll retain the old one since there is only address change and change in registration number?

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:07. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:21   #884
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transferring a TN registered car to KL - full detailed process

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickdilip View Post
Will this RC have an incremented "Owner serial number" in the RC or it'll retain the old one since there is only address change and change in registration number?
When I changed my old amaze from TN to KA, the owner serial number did not change in my KA RC.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 07:36   #885

Buying used and transfering registration across states

Hello esteemed BHP-ians, long time reader and big fan here. I've recently decided to purchase a vehicle. I'm caught between buying used and the big savings it could bring along with the massive headaches with ownership transfer and then registration transfer or just buying new and getting something lower than what I wanted to stay in budget and not having to deal with RTO work. I need help figuring out which route to go.

This is my situation: DL from MH, all identification documents from MH. However recently purchased a flat in GA and want to use this car there. The used car scene in Goa is pretty dry - so I'm looking at Mumbai for inventory. My constraints are I have limited time in the country before I have to head out to work and need the RTO process to completely quickly and smoothly. Is this a pipe dream with the state of RTOs and the upcoming festival season? I plan to transfer the car registration form MH to GA - the sooner the better, I'm not comfortable keeping the car in the other state for long without filing for the registration change. I've read the procedure several times from blogs from cars24.com and others. But I think my situation is a little different from the standard ones they cover. I think I have two options available to me if I go down the used route:

Option 1: Buy the car in Mumbai, get ownership transferred to me in my name with the same MH registration. Then move the vehicle to Goa and deal with the registration transfer there independent of the seller. I don't know if anyone on the forum has done this - move their own vehicle registration from state A to state B when all their documents point to state A - is it doable?
Option 2: Buy the car in Mumbai and request on the seller (third party or individual) to get all the documents in order for a sale to an out of state buyer (me). This way at the time of sale I am trying to get all the NOCs needed for both change of ownership and change of registration state. Again I don't know how feasible this is given my documents are all pointing to MH.

Could knowledgeable folks please chime in and help me understand what I'm getting into here if I buy used in Mumbai with my situation and plans outlined above? Which option would you consider the better one and why? And is used just not a game I want to play with limited time on my hands? If so I will scrap the buying used plan and consider my options.

Thank you.
noxp5 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks