Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 18:28   #946
BHPian

Re: Advice on registering other state vehicle in HYDERABAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas94 View Post
Did you search for the agent online and could you give me any total estimate of how much did it cost? Any referral would be appreciated.
Hi Ulhas,
Since I cannot message you directly, shared RTO agent details on email.

Since you vehicle is only 1.5 years old, please be mentally prepared to shell out close to 11% of the original invoice value of the vehicle.

Please use the below link to calculate MV tax.
https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...show_tax.xhtml

Thanks.
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 07:19   #947

Re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi Anirban,

Form 29 is not required to get NOC. I recently got NOC for a car I bought used in Gujarat. The previous owner applied for NOC online. Once done he submitted Form 28(4 copies), RC, NCRB report, PUC and Insurance. If I remember correctly you also need to give a couple of chassis prints (shaded using pencil).

You should get the NOC in a week's time and max they will charge you ₹100. Once NOC is provided if you check your RC in Digilocker it will show RC status as "NOC ISSUED".
Hi Shanksta

Did you re-register your car?
Old 21st March 2023, 15:20   #948

Hi All

I will be relocating from Bangalore and Hyderabad for good. I have a fairly new Tata Nexon (purchased Jul 2022). As you all can imagine the road tax I would have paid. When I move to Hyderabad (Telengana), should I go for a re-registration. If I do, I can probably avoid unnecessary hassles from Traffic department. Bu I am also told that these days cops do not stop you for other state registration numbers unless you commit a mistake.

I was thinking to not get NOC from Karnataka and carry on with same number in Telengana. If and when I have to sell or part ways with vehicle I can opt for Spinny or Cars24.

I am also tempted to re-register in Telengana in case Car meets with an untoward incident and then questions asked around NOC etc.

As I am aware, Karnataka or any other state take ages to refund the road tax if re-registered in other state. How can I save myself from this double bubble. Any advice on this is appreciated.
Old 23rd March 2023, 11:37   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshan93 View Post
Hi Shanksta

Did you re-register your car?
Hi neshan93,

Yes I did manage to successfully re-register my car in TN. I managed it under 2 weeks too once I had all the necessary documentation.
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:33   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi neshan93,

Yes I did manage to successfully re-register my car in TN. I managed it under 2 weeks too once I had all the necessary documentation.

Sir, were you able to get the refund from Gujarat RTO
Old 23rd March 2023, 13:07   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshan93 View Post
Sir, were you able to get the refund from Gujarat RTO
Hi neshan93,

I did not pursue getting a tax refund in GJ as the effort vs refund I would get back was not worth the hassle. Plus my car was almost 13 years old when I bought it so even if I did get the refund it would’ve been lesser than my expenses to get it.
Old 24th March 2023, 07:11   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
Karnataka or any other state take ages to refund the road tax
Hire a good RTO "consultant ", proceed with the NoC and get the registration done at your new place if you intent to reside there for the foreseeable future. It'll save you hassles with not just the police but local drivers who behave let's just say differently when they see an outstation number on the road. The refund process is not that bad anymore, I got my refund in 2 months after submitting the documents from MH12 RTO ; KA RTOs should be more or less thereabouts.
Vtach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 19:15   #953

Any recommendations of a good RTO Consultant in Bangalore?
Old 26th March 2023, 12:35   #954
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Guys, i recently bought a 1996 Suzuki Samurai in Bangalore and need to transfer it to Mumbai. The NOC was issued in Dec 2022. Insurance and PUC is currently valid.

Can someone guide me on how to proceed with the transfer online? How much would it cost and what other documents would be required?
Old 18th April 2023, 09:46   #955
BHPian

Re: Advice on registering other state vehicle in HYDERABAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas94 View Post
Thanks for the input Vaasu. I am in a similar process but don't know where to begin.

I've a 18 months old polo TSI (10.83 Lakhs on road)and looking to transfer it to Pune RTO.

Did you search for the agent online and could you give me any total estimate of how much did it cost? Any referral would be appreciated.
Hello Ulhas - Can you please pass on the RTO agent's contact details? Was he good? Did he help you with all your RTO related work?
Old 20th April 2023, 23:22   #956
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends,

Does anyone the time limit within which to apply for a road tax refund at Haryana (specifically, HR26)?

For example, Maharashtra requires that road tax refund applications be filed within 6 months of the date of NOC issuance. However, I'm unable to find the equivalent (if such exists) for Haryana.

Thank you!
Old 29th April 2023, 08:21   #957
BHPian

Hi All,
I'm looking to purchase a vehicle from an acquaintance in Pune.
The car is company registered. I understand that there is a 7% difference between the Corporate Road Tax vs Individual Road Tax and once this gets transferred to me, there will be a rebate issued to the owner. Is there any documentation to support this, or does anyone have some experience in a similar case?
His company doesn't seem to have an idea about this rebate.
Old 6th May 2023, 16:15   #958
BHPian

In anticipation of buying a new car, I want to transfer the ownership of my 2011 Wagon R in my wife's name. Whilst the car is registered in Mumbai, we are currently residing in Hyderabad. I have connected with an RTO agent in Mumbai who can arrange for the NOC from the Mumbai RTO 02 for the transfer of the car to Hyderabad.

According to the agent, the refund of the life time road tax paid at the time of buying the car will be negligible because the tax rate has since increased in Maharashtra. Is this correct? Where can I get the latest road tax tariff for Maharashtra.

Further, I will have to pay road tax in Telangana to regster the car. Any idea what this will amount to for a 12 year old vehicle?
Old 10th May 2023, 21:28   #959
BHPian

Bar & Bench reports this from the High court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-screenshot_20230510211945774_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 12th May 2023, 00:40   #960

Moving a Honda civic corporate registration in UP to Delhi in corporate registration. First time buying a pre loved car... any tips or expertise would be highly appreciated fellow bhp'ians

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks