Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2010, 21:19   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Hello all,
I will be moving to Pune by the end of this month, and will be transporting my motorcycle (KA-03 regd.) there. I will be in Pune for approx 1 year. In this regard, could someone elaborate on the documentation required for the use of my bike there?
As far as I have understood from a few friends using out-of-state bikes in Pune, I need an NOC from my home RTO, and payment of tax for 1 year at the Pune RTO. Somehow, that sounds a bit too simple. Anyone who knows the correct process? Wouldnt really want to re-register the vehicle, etc.

Cheers
Rahul
Dude.. I just completed the process of re-registering my bike here in Pune. I did it myself as the agents quotes were like daylight robbery. If you are planning to stay for a short duration, I suggest you don't get an NOC, as that will cancel your KA registration. Just pay the MH road tax and keep your same registration. Agents charge about 1K commission for this, plus obviously the road tax which varies depending on the age of the bike. I paid around 3k for a 2005 pulsar.
If you have any doubts as to how the process goes, feel free to ask me, i'll be glad to help you out...
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2010, 19:58   #107
BHPian

Guys, I am thinking of buying a car in Goa (I live in Hyderabad) ideally I would just buy it locally but unfortunately the car I am looking for is not very common and is hard to find in the Used car market.

Can you tell me what the charges are likely to be? used car sale price will be around 5.8 lakhs.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving car between states - Road tax, refund etc???

I have a KA registered Getz CRDi (June 2008) and i will be moving to Mumbai by first week of April 2011. I will be in Mumbai for approx 10 Months. Do i need to pay Road tax in mumbai? Can i pay for the duration i stay - like for 1o months?
My employer is ready to give me a document stating that i will be in mumbai on deputation for 10 months.
I will be coming back to bangalore after 10 months.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:31   #109
BHPian

Paying tax multiple times for driving vehicle in multiple state of one India.

I bought a car in one state and now I stay in other state (lets say Maharastra). Now the question is if I want to drive my car in Maharastra I need to get it registered in Maharastra which will cost me huge and the tax paid in other state is gone along with the insurance. Even if I am not going to stay in Maharastra for more than couple of years I have to pay life time tax. What kind of rule is this. Tomorrow if I shift to Delhi then I have to pay the tax there... and if I shift to 4/5 places in the course of 6/8 years I will end up paying tax more than the cost of vehicle. The rule was formed long back.

Why is there no temporary tax or if tax is paid in one state, then by paying a minimal amount we should be allowed to drive in other states.India is one and tax should be paid once, Why is there double taxation ?? ?There are people getting transferred to other states frequently then why not the rule changes

A common man, Paying tax of huge amount is not feasible. Why is there no reformation in the rules. Is there any steps being taken for this rule.
Old 24th July 2011, 17:19   #110
BHPian

Need Advice!!

I will be relocating from Bangalore to Mumbai in about a month and have an 8 yr old Ikon which I plan to take along. Some questions:

1 - Does anyone have an idea about how much packers would charge for this?
2 - As the car will be moved by packers, would there be any issue at the Maharashtra / Mumbai entry points, in terms of Octroi, etc?
3 - What would you recommend - pay the road tax in Mumbai and register the car there, or just let it be as it is?
4 - Would you happen to have a link to the Mumbai RTO site where the road tax & other levies' rate slab is given?

As my Ikon is serving me fairly well, I don't really need to buy a new car and would rather pay a much lesser amount (compared to that of a new car) and use it in Mumbai.

Your thoughts, please!

Cheers!!
Old 25th July 2011, 01:58   #111
BHPian

Mumbai RTO has the option to pay yearly tax which is very nominal. Even after you pay yearly tax you could be stopped by traffic cops but will be released soon seeing your tax paid receipt. Yearly tax will be beneficial if you dont have intention to sell your before one year. Thereafter you will be required to pay tax minusing your 8+ years of ownership.
dr.faramroze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:59   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have moved to Mumbai and may stay for 2-3 years and then move back to chennai. I have a TN registered Santro 2007. I am ready to pay road tax but do not want to change the registration number. (Want to retain TN Number). I am okay even if i am stopped by cops at every signal, i could show my tax receipt and walk away without harrasment.

is this feasible - Paying Road tax yearly for 3 years ?.

All replies and help appreciated
Old 24th September 2011, 14:33   #113
BHPian

Road tax query

Hello All,

I have a query regarding the road tax in Karnataka.

Here is the scenario:

I am currently working in Bangalore and I might move back to Kerala in another couple of years. Recently, I have sold my 5-year old Alto and bought my cousin's 1-year old Ritz (KL registration), who is moving to the middle-east. I am planning to use the Ritz in Bangalore for a year or two.

Now, here is the question:

Is it mandatory to pay the road tax in Karnataka if I am planning to leave the state in a year or two? If I pay the tax here, is it possible to get a refund of the same when I leave the state? And, is it mandatory to change the registration number?

Please send me your valuable suggestions.

TIA

Jai Hind!!!
SU48

PS: @Mods, please move this query to the appropriate forum, if I have posted it in the wrong place.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th September 2011 at 14:46. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks.
Old 24th September 2011, 18:27   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road tax query

I am in bangalore and would like to pay the road tax for my wife's two wheeler. I went to jayanager RTO and the agents didn't even allow me to enter the office. If any one has payed the road tax recently then please let me know the documents that are required and is it possible to pay online or any other office apart from RTO.

Note: I don't have the NOC.
Old 24th September 2011, 20:28   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

I have sent an application under the RTI Act 2005 to the Union Ministry of Transport and Highways about 5 days ago seeking all relevant notifications, circulars, OM's,G.R.'s concerning payment of One Time Road Tax for people with jobs that have an all India transfer liability. I had heard that there was a Union Govt order regarding the One Time tax which is paid in one state and the car/bike owner moves out owing to the nature of his job/duties.
The state RTO's it is heard have been concealing the relevant order to avoid their own workload and to generate more revenue.
I shall keep posted as and when any such reply is forthcoming right here and also on the link below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...fications.html
anjan_c2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 18:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

I have received a reply no. L-34014/425/2011-RTI dated 10th October 2011 from the Chief Public Information Officer (CPIO) of the Ministry who has forwarded my RTI application to the Director (Road Transport), Ministry of Transport and Highways.This is regarding payment of One Time Tax in one state and the motor vehicle getting shifted later on due to the nature of duties of its owner.
The preliminary reply as cited above is posted here for reference.
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-trnsprtministry.jpg
More after details are provided by the concerned Director, MORT and Highways.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:55   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
More after details are provided by the concerned Director, MORT and Highways.
A reply was received today from the authorities in Delhi.The reply is quite disappointing.There appears to be no existing Central Law to curb multiple taxation of motor vehicles by state governments when the already taxed vehicle is moved to other states.
The reply is self explanatory:
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-rti-trnsport-min.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th October 2011 at 23:08.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:01   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A reply was received today from the authorities in Delhi.The reply is quite disappointing.There appears to be no existing Central Law to curb multiple taxation of motor vehicles by state governments when the already taxed vehicle is moved to other states.
The reply is self explanatory:
Attachment 833950
Nice of Arun Joise, Bejoy and Digital Vampire to acknowledge! Thanks to you all. I have studied my original application and the reply received. The reply is unsatisfactory, a bit off the mark and appears to be an attempt by the Ministry to just escape the grilling exercise I had undertaken, with my original application. Hence I am going for First Appeal to the Appellate Authority in the Ministry of Transport and Highways, New Delhi itself. If the next reply is not satisfactory, the the Second Appeal lies with the Central Information Commission (CIC), New Delhi.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 2nd November 2011 at 21:04.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:18   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the latest on this front.
(1) After receiving the evasive reply in response to my RTI query I have filed a First Appeal with the Appellate Authority, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, New Delhi in this matter.
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-scan0001.jpg
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-scan0002.jpg
(2) I had a meeting with Mr Vilas Muttemwar, M.P., who gave me a patient hearing and told me to give a representation on this subject matter. Accordingly I submitted the note to him.The points I told him were:-
(a)OTT can be paid in the State/UT where the motor vehicle is bought brand new and/or registered.
(b)Thereafter if the motor vehicle is shifted out of the State/ UT the owner can continue to pay annual road tax in the respective state / UT where he/ she shifts from time to time and stays for more than 12 months after submitting papers to the local RTO saying the motor vehicle has arrived within its jurisdiction.
(c) This will increase State / UT revenues by way of better compliance (presently it is rare that someone pays OTT in all States/ UT's that he/she shifts to) and also put a check on crimes wherein outside registration numbers pose a challenge to the law enforcing authorities.
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-scan0003.jpg
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-scan0004.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 17:24   #120
BHPian

Saw RTO jeep in front of Meenakshi temple on Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore stopping out of state cars and challaning them. Some of the cars were around a decade old, but nevertheless, they were all stopped and possibly challaned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks