Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2014, 00:29   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohn View Post
I am from Kerala and was about to buy a used car (Scorpio) here. But due to a job change I might be moving to Pune in 2 months. In this situaition:[*]Is it a good idea to buy the car here, get an NOC and re-register in Pune? I am ok with the long drive (~1.5K KM) as long as Goa is on the map! but not sure how long the NOC process will take.[*]I can find a used car in Pune, but i might not be able to check or bargain etc as I can do here. I have friends here who can do it for me.[*]Any suggestion for a trusted used car dealer in Pune? I read somewhere in the forums a good review about Perfect Auto Solution Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1. Resale value of SUVs are lower in Pune compared to diesel crazy Kerala. 2. NOC + re-registration will add another big amount on top the difference, not to mention wasting one good pair of footwear in the process.

I would advice you are much better of buying that car in Pune.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 08:55   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving car between states - Road tax, refund etc???

I got a refund cheque from the KRPuram RTO but the cheque bounced due to technical reasons. They gave a cheque leaf that's really old and the MICR code was overwritten by hand and asked me to present the cheque 'manually' to my bank and not go through the usual clearing process. I did all this but for some reason the cheque bounced and I got a SMS.

What happens if a cheque bounces ? Will the original cheque be returned by post to me ?
Old 7th May 2014, 08:02   #228
BHPian

Hi,

I had to move out of India urgently and had to send my car from Bangalore to Kolkata to my dad. How can he use the car in Kolkata (if at all he can)?
Old 7th May 2014, 09:49   #229
Senior - BHPian

How long does it take for an RTO to issue a fresh registration number & RC book for a car's interstate transfer(after paying the Life Time Tax and submitting all documents including NOC)?

Its been more than a month since we paid LTT for Karnataka state and submitted all documents for our GJ registered i20. We were told new KA registration number & RC book/card will be sent to us within 15 days, but no sign of it till today. Spoke to the agent from whom we got the work done, he said to wait for 15 more days and if it doesn't come by then, he will enquire with RTO, Mangalore. He also said not to worry if a cop stops the car, just show the LTT paid receipt and he will let us go.
Old 7th May 2014, 13:34   #230
BHPian

Hi-
I've DL regd car in Hyderabad for past 5 yrs. I've paid Road tax here.
Now I'm moving to Mumbai.
So what is the process to drive DL regd car in Mumbai without any police hassles?
Old 7th May 2014, 13:45   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous View Post
Hi-
I've DL regd car in Hyderabad for past 5 yrs. I've paid Road tax here.
Now I'm moving to Mumbai.
So what is the process to drive DL regd car in Mumbai without any police hassles?
Come here and chill. They won't do anything. We are not that 'fanatical'. My building has 5 DN registered cars, they have their factory there but live here, drives around entire Mumbai all the time, No hassle.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 15:12   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Come here and chill. They won't do anything. We are not that 'fanatical'. My building has 5 DN registered cars, they have their factory there but live here, drives around entire Mumbai all the time, No hassle.
Thanks humyum. I thought same as you suggested & if I'm correct, GJ, DL & DN vehicle numbers are very rarely stopped by Mum Police.

What is the time frame till when an individual can drive other state vehicle in a different state? Is it still 6 months or has it reduced to 1? I can even live with that.
rendezvous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 17:07   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks humyum. I thought same as you suggested & if I'm correct, GJ, DL & DN vehicle numbers are very rarely stopped by Mum Police.

What is the time frame till when an individual can drive other state vehicle in a different state? Is it still 6 months or has it reduced to 1? I can even live with that.
I think its one year, atleast that's what the Mumbai RTO website shows. Just have your PUC, Insurance, RC book with you, so you will be good to go whenever stopped which mostly they will never. Enjoy, Maharashtra la tumchya swagat aahe
Old 7th May 2014, 17:39   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Will the original cheque be returned by post to me ?
Yes, the cheque will be returned to you by post. And I believe the bank will also deduct some charges from your account as the cheque bounced. Ideally the RTO should reimburse the same to you but i guess you would be happy if they paid you the initial refund at least.
Old 7th May 2014, 18:10   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
What happens if a cheque bounces ? Will the original cheque be returned by post to me ?
The manual clearing this is of no much use nowdays. Since most (if not all) banks have a central clearing office where cheques from all branches are taken for clearing.
However you can contact your bank and ask them for the bounced cheque and the reason for the same. If possible get a letter mentioning the same and with this proceed to the RTO office.
Old 8th May 2014, 09:38   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I think its one year, atleast that's what the Mumbai RTO website shows. Just have your PUC, Insurance, RC book with you, so you will be good to go whenever stopped which mostly they will never. Enjoy, Maharashtra la tumchya swagat aahe

Thanks humyum!
a last one...
For my DL regd car, I've paid lifetime Road tax in Hyd (as I'm here for past few yrs)
Now, if I bring PUC of AP along with the other papers (like AP Road tax + insurance + RC), I should be good to drive in Aamchi Mumbai for atleast 6months/1yr. I shouldn't be worried abt PUC from Delhi.
Correct?

Also, can you fwd me the exact link of where you read about other state vehicle on Mum RTO site?

Last edited by rendezvous : 8th May 2014 at 09:40.
Old 8th May 2014, 09:57   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks humyum!
a last one...
For my DL regd car, I've paid lifetime Road tax in Hyd (as I'm here for past few yrs)
Now, if I bring PUC of AP along with the other papers (like AP Road tax + insurance + RC), I should be good to drive in Aamchi Mumbai for atleast 6months/1yr. I shouldn't be worried abt PUC from Delhi.
Correct?

Also, can you fwd me the exact link of where you read about other state vehicle on Mum RTO site?

Yes, U should be good to go for way more than a year. WAY WAY WAY more than that too. Just don't worry. The originals of those documents are fine. If ever stopped, say you are just visiting someone for a month or so.

And I tried searching, I can't find that link now, but give me sometime, I ll find it.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:12   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi,

I had to move out of India urgently and had to send my car from Bangalore to Kolkata to my dad. How can he use the car in Kolkata (if at all he can)?
Guys, expecting a response soon
Old 8th May 2014, 10:36   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
How long does it take for an RTO to issue a fresh registration number & RC book for a car's interstate transfer(after paying the Life Time Tax and submitting all documents including NOC)?

Its been more than a month since we paid LTT for Karnataka state and submitted all documents for our GJ registered i20. We were told new KA registration number & RC book/card will be sent to us within 15 days, but no sign of it till today. Spoke to the agent from whom we got the work done, he said to wait for 15 more days and if it doesn't come by then, he will enquire with RTO, Mangalore. He also said not to worry if a cop stops the car, just show the LTT paid receipt and he will let us go.
I paid LTT for my UP registered Fiesta about 6 months back and still have not got the new KA number and RC book/ card. Followed it up last month only for them to ask me to wait for some more time. Plan to follow up again this weekend.
Old 9th May 2014, 16:16   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Guys, expecting a response soon
Well, as per my experience it depends on 2 factors:

1. Is that a temporary shift to Kolkatta? If yes, then an individual can drive one state (KA) car in any other state (WB), for 6months only & do needs following docs handy:
- RC,
- Insurance papers, and
- PUC (of latest date from KA, in ur case), so that police should have proof that this car has come recently. This part can be manipulated too if any of your friend can bribe PUC checking van & get PUC cert couriered to your dad.

2. If it is for permanent purpose, get the NOC from KA, re-register car in WB with that state's RTO rules. Probably, WB's RTO agent and/or your KA friends can help you in your absence.

PS: My friend has been driving AP regd car in MH for past 3yrs & all he is doing is getting a fresh PUC (from AP) after every 6months & fool cops that this car has recently come from AP for a family visit
rendezvous is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks