Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:45   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Process of transferring registration of car from Bangalore to Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Yes, the Xcent is certainly BS-IV. If the company does not insist that you MUST transfer registration to another state, let it be. Talk to them, ask if it's mandatory to transfer. Noida RTO isn't the easiest to deal with, and under-the-table costs will be high. And nobody will bother you in Noida with a KA-reg car either. My tenant has been driving an MP-reg car there for years, no one ever stopped him!
The problem is, that 3 years down the line, i will have the option of buying out the car in my name by paying a residual value to the leasing company. Now in that case anyhow NOC will be needed since i would be buying it in Noida, and not Bangalore.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:49   #272
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the adress to which the car will be transferred also needs to be given in the written application to RTO?

Some of the agents i talked to said that i need to mention the address to which the car will be transferred (in the new city).

Why would RTO need the address or even the location where the car is going to be transferred?
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:00   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Does anyone know if the adress to which the car will be transferred also needs to be given in the written application to RTO?

Some of the agents i talked to said that i need to mention the address to which the car will be transferred (in the new city).

Why would RTO need the address or even the location where the car is going to be transferred?

Not required.

You can see and download the forms here-
http://rto.kar.nic.in/cmv28.pdf
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:32   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not required.

You can see and download the forms here-
http://rto.kar.nic.in/cmv28.pdf
Thanks C_D for the link.

There is a field in the form where we need to specify the where do we need to transfer the car.

And another issue, for Xcent, the chassis number is printed below the front driver seat.

The engraving is not very prominent, and the pencil print is barely visible.

Any other alternative?
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:41   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a field in the form where we need to specify the where do we need to transfer the car.
If i remember correctly - we need to specify the target RTO name there, not the address. In my case, I provided the address of Chennai Velachery RTO. (I remember this because Trivandrum RTO didn't handover NOC to us, instead they sent the RC+ NOC directly to the target RTO). Not sure if the process differs across states.

Better to check with the authorites instead of agents.

I recently had an experience with Bangalore Yelahanka RTO where everyone including agents denied the possibility of paying road tax without providing other-state NOC, but upon meeting the RTO - he made the procedures clear.
Quote:
Any other alternative?
Wish i could help here, but my car is in kerala and I would be visiting the place only next week. Perhaps, you could post in the Xcent TD thread?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:45   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a KA registered vehicle which i need to transfer to Delhi.

Could anyone help with the exact steps for the same?
First thing, It's not compulsory to transfer the car to Delhi or Noida. Out of state cars seldom are stopped for checks and that too if they are Santro and Maruti 800s.

I have 2 tenants at my place, One has AP registered Golden Maruti Wagon R and other has RJ registered Silky Silver Maruti Alto. The Wagon R guy has been driving in Noida for past 4 years and never ever has been asked by cops for car transfer info or anything.

Just have all valid documents of car with you and you won't be bothered. They won't stop for one more funny reason i.e the cops here can't communicate in your local language.

I do have some contacts with Noida RTO located in Sector 32, near NTPC office but would suggest you not to involve yourself individually with them. Let your company take the responsibility of expenses in transferring the car if its so much important.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:53   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
First thing, It's not compulsory to transfer the car to Delhi or Noida. Out of state cars seldom are stopped for checks and that too if they are Santro and Maruti 800s.

I have 2 tenants at my place, One has AP registered Golden Maruti Wagon R and other has RJ registered Silky Silver Maruti Alto. The Wagon R guy has been driving in Noida for past 4 years and never ever has been asked by cops for car transfer info or anything.

Just have all valid documents of car with you and you won't be bothered. They won't stop for one more funny reason i.e the cops here can't communicate in your local language.

I do have some contacts with Noida RTO located in Sector 32, near NTPC office but would suggest you not to involve yourself individually with them. Let your company take the responsibility of expenses in transferring the car if its so much important.

Thanks
Hey thanks ad3952n for those information.

No actually its a company leased vehicle, and if i don't get it re-registered here, then after 3 years i would have trouble transferring the car to my name. And in any case the re-registration will be paid by my company so thats not an issue. But all the process has to be done by myself.

Regarding local language, well NCR is my hoemtown, i am actually relocating back from BLR to NCR.

But it would help if you could provide contact details of the RTO personall in Noida.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:03   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And in any case the re-registration will be paid by my company so thats not an issue. But all the process has to be done by myself.

Regarding local language, well NCR is my hoemtown, i am actually relocating back from BLR to NCR.

But it would help if you could provide contact details of the RTO personall in Noida.
His name is Pankaj and surely by evening today I will PM you his number but remember as SS-T said the under the table thing, be highly cautious while dealing with them. When are you expected to join your Noida Office? In case you need assistance when you are in Noida, just let me know. I'll PM my number to you in case you need.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 20:50   #279

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

Hi,
I am using TN registered vehicle in Bangalore. I want to pay road tax and move with less headache. But i have some doubts to get clarify
(1) Does NOC from Tamil Nadu must for paying Life time tax in Karnataka?
(2) If I pay LT without NOC, Do I need to get KA registration done later? If so how soon do I need to get it done?
(3) How to get refund from TN RTO?

Please help.
Old 17th September 2014, 22:51   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Could anyone let me know what is the transfer process in Mumbai? I might wanna bring in my car (TN registration) and re-register in Mumbai. I also think there are two zones in Mumbai (or Maharashtra?) and any detail on this also is appreciated.
Old 18th September 2014, 19:12   #281

Hi,

TN motor vehicle act talk about refund. But RTO office guys says no refund of LTT paid. Any fellow members come accross refund case in TN?

TAMIL NADU MOTOR VEHICLE TAXATION ACT, 1974
Section 13, 1(A)
1-A) Where a life time tax for any motor vehicle has been paid
and the registration of the vehicle has been cancelled for any reason
whatsoever, or the vehicle has been removed to any place outside the
state of Tamil Nadu, on account of transfer of ownership or change of
address; a refund of the tax at such rate as may from time to time, by
notified by the Government, shall be payable on an application made
within such conditions as may be specified in such notification.
Provided that in the case of removal of a vehicle to any place
outside the state of Tamil Nadu on account of transfer of ownership or
change of address, the refund of tax shall be considered only after receipt
of proof for having effected such transfer of ownership or change of
address.
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:47   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

the Site http://rto.kar.nic.in/ gives all details under the head FAQs.

Please go through the requirements under the question relating to migration of other state vehicles into Karnataka State
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:11   #283
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys,

Karnataka govt agreed to halt forced tax collection. Thanks to Kerala govt initiative.

No life time tax collection till one year from the date of entry to the state or any new amendment from the central government.

Kerala paper scan below.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by Rajith : 23rd September 2014 at 10:25.
Rajith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:52   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Guys,

Karnataka govt agreed to halt forced tax collection. Thanks to Kerala govt initiative.

No life time tax collection till one year from the date of entry to the state or any new amendment from the central government.

Kerala paper scan below.
We still want to see whether they really adhere to their statement/word. It also could happen that all these promises still remain on paper alone! Now they are gonna ask the owners to prove they have NOT been in the state for 1 year!

Edit:: How is this a "Manorama Impact"?! There are people who have struggled so much to raise PILs and have discussions with the authorities. I read yesterday that someone from a group (who had raised a complaint campaign in one of the websites) had a meeting with the Kerala CM and appraised him of the situation and seeked his support. And right now, this leading daily want to take credit of their efforts?!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd September 2014 at 10:58. Reason: Added "Edit" portion.
Old 19th October 2014, 13:47   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello BHPians!

Need your suggestions and advice.
Please let me know the formalities and procedure of buying a used car registered in another state. Does the process involves too much hassle?
Kindly advice.

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed