Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2015, 17:39   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need to know the procedure to transfer car from Hyderabad to Mysore/Bangalore

I can recommend an agent in bangalore but there are a few issues you need to be aware of ..

1. You need to get a police certificate yourself - agent can't get that for you. One trip to the police commissioner's office most likely for this in Hyderabad

2. NOC (form 28) in triplicate with chassis print - easy enough to get it, fill it in and submit the documents at your local RTO in khairatabad

3. Locate an agent in Bangalore - in whichever RTO that has jurisdiction over your area - and proceed through him. And the road tax is much higher in karnataka is a problem. So you are looking at several tens of thousands of rupees for a four year old figo. And then a wait of at least a year before you can extract that refund from the hyderabad RTO.

My advice would be to sell the car and buy a new one here - you've pretty much amortized its value by now.
Old 11th June 2015, 11:31   #377
BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

I was wondering if there is a procedure to get the road tax receipt for a car that has been given an NOC from the karnataka RTO. The owner doesnt have a copy of this road tax receipt. The car is presently registered in maharashtra and i want to buy it and bring it back.
Technically, since its an ex karnataka car and if there has been no refund, i shouldnt be asked to pay the tax again, right?
Is there a way to check if a road tax refund has been made?
Old 18th July 2015, 21:13   #378
BHPian

This is a question specific to Gujarat: Can someone comment how streamlined is the RTO in Hazira/Surat if one wishes to move a vehicle from Bangalore (KA regn) to Hazira? Is the road tax percentage lower in Gujarat than Karnataka?

Also, any hope of getting a speedy refund of the road tax paid in KA? Does one need to get a police clearence as well in addition to the NOC?
Old 29th July 2015, 17:46   #379
BHPian

We have the crime bureau reports available online nowadays at :

http://164.100.44.112/vahansamanvay/Internetquery.aspx

Can we not take a printout and give it to the RTO for NOC, or a physical trip to the Commisioner's office is still necessary?
Old 30th July 2015, 06:54   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
This is a question specific to Gujarat: Can someone comment how streamlined is the RTO in Hazira/Surat if one wishes to move a vehicle from Bangalore (KA regn) to Hazira? Is the road tax percentage lower in Gujarat than Karnataka?

Also, any hope of getting a speedy refund of the road tax paid in KA? Does one need to get a police clearence as well in addition to the NOC?
The road tax is much lower in Gujarat. It is about 6% of the ex-showroom price., insanely low compared to the crazy road tax in Karnataka. Depending on the car's age, depreciation will be deducted and payable road tax will be calculated.

Police NOC is required for an inter-state transfer.

When we shifted from Gujarat to Karnataka, we bought our GJ registered i20 along too. It's been more than an year since we applied for Road Tax refund from RTO Junagadh(GJ). There's been no refund till date, inspite of multiple queries. Reason they give is that they have a backlog of refunds and it will take time, which I know is a lie. I have no hope of getting the refund and I suspect it has been gobbled by some RTO official. I have no time or patience to go back to Junagadh.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 30th July 2015 at 06:55.
Old 19th August 2015, 19:17   #381
Senior - BHPian

I am in a rather strange situation here. Advice welcome.

I have a TN registered car and moved to BLR a few months back. When I moved, I took the NOC from my local RTO in Chennai, and submitted it along with the exorbitant lifetime tax to the Bangalore KA51 (electronic city) RTO.

So - they gave me a Karnataka RC smartcard with my existing TN07 number and my local bangalore address, and added that I should wait for three months and then apply for a KA number plate.

Barely three months after that happens, I am faced with having to move back to Chennai due to family related issues.

The car has road tax paid in both TN and KA - but now I have a KA RC book with a Bangalore address and a TN number. So - when I move back to Chennai, I guess I will again need a NOC from the Bangalore RTO, in order to get a TN RC book afresh? Or can I get the Bangalore RTO to issue me a smartcard with my new (or rather old = own flat) Chennai address?
Old 19th August 2015, 19:35   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

The car has road tax paid in both TN and KA - but now I have a KA RC book with a Bangalore address and a TN number. So - when I move back to Chennai, I guess I will again need a NOC from the Bangalore RTO, in order to get a TN RC book afresh? Or can I get the Bangalore RTO to issue me a smartcard with my new (or rather old = own flat) Chennai address?
Very complicated even to digest this case.
Though I am unable to give you an answer, on your query, a doubt came to my mind on seeing this. One agent told me that one need not pay the life time tax in the new state, instead, can pay yearly tax, and can continuously do it for a couple of years. If you are not sure about settling in the new state, why to pay the life tax again? Sorry, if I am Off- topic.
Old 19th August 2015, 19:40   #383
Senior - BHPian

Because the KA RTO has no concept of paying a yearly tax. What to do?

[mods please merge - posted after the 30 m time limit]

** edit **

Found the phone # of the broker (recommended by a former BHPian) and contacted him. He says to get a NOC here and take it to the TN RTO as a standard change of address case, and that it is quite straightforward. He also claims that I will be able to apply for my road tax to be refunded from Karnataka though it will take several months to go through. (and I assume, a certain amount of commission will be involved but anyway ..)

-------

Last edited by hserus : 19th August 2015 at 19:54.
Old 21st September 2015, 15:31   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the current stand by the RTO, Hyderabad regarding outside state vehicles? I will be driving down my Odisha registered WagonR next month and wanted to know if I can retain my Odisha number? I intend to pay the LTT here but don't want any TS number? Is this possible?
Old 16th October 2015, 15:03   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

I have a TN registered car and moved to BLR a few months back. When I moved, I took the NOC from my local RTO in Chennai, and submitted it along with the exorbitant lifetime tax to the Bangalore KA51 (electronic city) RTO.

So - they gave me a Karnataka RC smartcard with my existing TN07 number and my local bangalore address, and added that I should wait for three months and then apply for a KA number plate.

Barely three months after that happens, I am faced with having to move back to Chennai due to family related issues.

You are right on with your next steps. Take NOC from Karnataka. Come down to Chennai and re-register your car to new TN number. If the old number is still not yet assigned to anyone (Which you can check through your agent), you can get new papers on the same number.

Yes, it is tough to go through and will drain your pocket, but worth it instead of running from pillar to post doing all nonsense paper work and harassment in the hands of unscrupulous minions.
Old 16th October 2015, 15:07   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
What is the current stand by the RTO, Hyderabad regarding outside state vehicles? I will be driving down my Odisha registered WagonR next month and wanted to know if I can retain my Odisha number? I intend to pay the LTT here but don't want any TS number? Is this possible?
Answer is Yes. If you are ready to pay road tax, go ahead and get it done. Make sure you stick a "Road Tax Paid" sticker above your number plate or on your windshield.

Given the current turmoil situation that we have in Hyderabad, it is advised that you hold on for some more time since Telangana Govt is asking us to get all number plates with AP to be converted to TS in coming months. This is a painful cycle which all of us have to go through again and this time HSRP is compulsory.

Get the Road Tax Paid stuff done and be safe for few more months until dust settles.
Old 19th October 2015, 01:09   #387
BHPian

Hi,

A bit complicated situation for me. I moved my KA registered scooty from Bangalore to Pune after getting NOC from KA. I paid the road tax and also changed the number to MH12 (Pune) 4 years back. I did not apply for a road tax refund in KA(since for scooty the amount was small). Now, I am moving back to KA and I still have the Karnataka Life Time road tax paid receipt with me.

My question is, do I need to pay KA road tax again once I go back? I am asking because I got the NOC done when I left Bangalore, but again, I did not apply for a refund. Should I get a NOC from Pune RTO again? Or, the Bangalore traffic police will be happy enough to see my road tax receipt paid ?

Thanks,
Old 19th October 2015, 12:43   #388
BHPian

Need Help for Refund from Baroda RTO:

Recently got my GJ Outlander registered in Pune; need help with a trustworthy agent in Baroda to get refund of the tax. I believe I have all the necessary documents in my possession. Any help in this regard is appreciated ...
Old 19th October 2015, 14:01   #389
BHPian

Guys, quick question. If buying a used vehicle above 10L from another state and bring to either AP or Telangana, how much in additional costs am I looking at on top of the price of the used car?

Let us say I'm buying a used 3 Series at 30L from Mumbai or Delhi, how much do I have to or will I end up paying on top of the 30L of the car price for Andhra Pradesh or Telangana?
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:58   #390
BHPian

I'm moving to Bangalore permanently in December. Can i retain my noida registration by paying LTT? What happens after 11 months? If i need to re register, I'll have to do before the NOC expires. Or else I'll have to get the car to noida again to get new NOC. I'm in a fit here due to this. Please suggest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks