Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 17:39   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Hi,

A bit complicated situation for me. I moved my KA registered scooty from Bangalore to Pune after getting NOC from KA. I paid the road tax and also changed the number to MH12 (Pune) 4 years back. I did not apply for a road tax refund in KA(since for scooty the amount was small). Now, I am moving back to KA and I still have the Karnataka Life Time road tax paid receipt with me.

My question is, do I need to pay KA road tax again once I go back? I am asking because I got the NOC done when I left Bangalore, but again, I did not apply for a refund. Should I get a NOC from Pune RTO again? Or, the Bangalore traffic police will be happy enough to see my road tax receipt paid ?

Thanks,
Your vehicle records would have been deleted from the system.Please check (http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/)if your vehicle details still exists.

Ping me on 1-1 after checking and i will help you for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Need Help for Refund from Baroda RTO:

Recently got my GJ Outlander registered in Pune; need help with a trustworthy agent in Baroda to get refund of the tax. I believe I have all the necessary documents in my possession. Any help in this regard is appreciated ...
Why do you require an agent/tout to get refund from Baroda RTO.?If you have all the documents, you can send your refund request by Reg/speed post and file an RTI if you do not receive the cheque after 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Guys, quick question. If buying a used vehicle above 10L from another state and bring to either AP or Telangana, how much in additional costs am I looking at on top of the price of the used car?

Let us say I'm buying a used 3 Series at 30L from Mumbai or Delhi, how much do I have to or will I end up paying on top of the 30L of the car price for Andhra Pradesh or Telangana?
It depends on the model of your car.The newer the model, the more the % of tax you will have to shell out.I suggest you wait for couple of months as Telengana RTA is planning to introduce yearly tax for Non TS registered vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
I'm moving to Bangalore permanently in December. Can i retain my noida registration by paying LTT? What happens after 11 months? If i need to re register, I'll have to do before the NOC expires. Or else I'll have to get the car to noida again to get new NOC. I'm in a fit here due to this. Please suggest
No body cares in Bangalore after you pay LTT.You dont require an NOC to pay LTT here in Karnataka.

Waseem.....
Old 24th October 2015, 20:38   #392
BHPian

Thanks for the reply waseem ji. So I can retain my Noida number in that case. What about the law that one needs to register after 11 months? I'd like to go by the law.
Old 25th October 2015, 02:03   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply waseem ji. So I can retain my Noida number in that case. What about the law that one needs to register after 11 months? I'd like to go by the law.
In that case, please get an NOC from Noida.You can pay the LTT here and immediately apply for Karnataka registration No.

Waseem
Old 26th October 2015, 15:55   #394
BHPian

Guys, what is the procedure to change my TN number plate to a KA number plate? I have already paid the LTT and have got KA RC smart card with my TN number.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:00   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
In that case, please get an NOC from Noida.You can pay the LTT here and immediately apply for Karnataka registration No.

Waseem

Hi Wasim ji, A friend of mine had a pretty bad experience with NOC in noida. He applied through an agent a month before he had to leave. But the NOC didn't arrive in time. Now he can't move the car to bangalore since he doesn't have his original RC (submitted to RTO). He has no option other than wait for the NOC and then move the car. Thats why I have now decided not to go for NOC now and just pay LTT in bangalore as you suggested. I hope its not an issue after 11 months and I can retain my UP number even after that. I read on this forum that NOC is not required for payment of LTT. Please suggest.
Old 26th October 2015, 18:18   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Your vehicle records would have been deleted from the system.Please check (http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/)if

Why do you require an agent/tout to get refund from Baroda RTO.?If you have all the documents, you can send your refund request by Reg/speed post and file an RTI if you do not receive the cheque after 2 months.

Waseem.....

Is it that easy ? I'll need to fill some forms etc. And from what I have read, its just not easy to get a tax refund . And multiple visits to the RTO. Correct me if I'm wrong. And being in Pune, not sure how easy thats gonna be
Old 27th October 2015, 12:38   #397
BHPian

Quote:
I'm moving to Bangalore permanently in December. Can i retain my noida registration by paying LTT? What happens after 11 months? If i need to re register, I'll have to do before the NOC expires. Or else I'll have to get the car to noida again to get new NOC. I'm in a fit here due to this. Please suggest

I moved from Chennai (TN07 Thiruvanmiyur) to Haryana (Faridabad) in 2013, I have re registered my vehicle in here after NOC and tax and all.

I have sent all docs to Chennai RTO. As per them the application is pending with TN Transport Commissioner.

I have been sending RTI to both RTO and Transport Commissioner for over a year. Every time i get a response - the application is pending with the other office. Transport Commissioner says their office has nothing to do in this matter and RTO should close it at their end.

What next?
Old 27th October 2015, 13:16   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Wasim ji, A friend of mine had a pretty bad experience with NOC in noida. He applied through an agent a month before he had to leave. But the NOC didn't arrive in time. Now he can't move the car to bangalore since he doesn't have his original RC (submitted to RTO). He has no option other than wait for the NOC and then move the car. Thats why I have now decided not to go for NOC now and just pay LTT in bangalore as you suggested. I hope its not an issue after 11 months and I can retain my UP number even after that. I read on this forum that NOC is not required for payment of LTT. Please suggest.
The problem lies with us and that too deep seeded.At the first instance, why do we feel the need to involve touts.?

Please pay LTT in Karnataka and drive your car without any problem and yes, NOC is not required in Karnataka to pay LTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, what is the procedure to change my TN number plate to a KA number plate? I have already paid the LTT and have got KA RC smart card with my TN number.
Get an NOC from TN RTO and apply for KA No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Is it that easy ? I'll need to fill some forms etc. And from what I have read, its just not easy to get a tax refund . And multiple visits to the RTO. Correct me if I'm wrong. And being in Pune, not sure how easy thats gonna be
It is certainly not easy to get a refund but not that difficult as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
I moved from Chennai (TN07 Thiruvanmiyur) to Haryana (Faridabad) in 2013, I have re registered my vehicle in here after NOC and tax and all.

I have sent all docs to Chennai RTO.
You have to submit the NOC at Faridabad RTO and its their to communicate with Thiruvanmiyur RTO and issue you HR registration no.

Please let me know what docs have 'YOU' sent to Thiruvanmiyur RTO.?

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:34   #399
BHPian

Quote:
The problem lies with us and that too deep seeded.At the first instance, why do we feel the need to involve touts.?

Please pay LTT in Karnataka and drive your car without any problem and yes, NOC is not required in Karnataka to pay LTT.

Waseem.....

Thanks Waseemji. It's Uttar Pradesh. Papers don't move for weeks if you don't involve the agents. I understand that it can be done on your own. But it requires multiple visits to the RTO which is difficult for most of us. Adding to that I now stay almost 40 kms from the RTO. Driving down there is a herculean task in NCR traffic.
Old 27th October 2015, 13:37   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post

I have sent all docs to Chennai RTO. As per them the application is pending with TN Transport Commissioner.

I have been sending RTI to both RTO and Transport Commissioner for over a year. Every time i get a response - the application is pending with the other office. Transport Commissioner says their office has nothing to do in this matter and RTO should close it at their end.

What next?
Incidents like these force us not to re-register the vehicle in the new state and only pay for the LTT. The process is way too complicated in itself. Adding to that there's the corruption factor in RTO matters.
Old 27th October 2015, 14:02   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Get an NOC from TN RTO and apply for KA No.
Waseem.....
Thanks Waseem Bhai.. I have got the NOC already and have re-registered the car to Bangalore address. First step completed. I wanted to know the next one. The set of forms I need to obtain and an approximate time period..
Old 27th October 2015, 16:31   #402
BHPian

Once the address change is complete, you will have to wait for 2-3 months before you can apply for a KA number. During this time, Karnataka RTO will send the updated documents to your actual RTO and will accept number change after confirmation.
karavadi143 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:37   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverwood
.......I suggest you wait for couple of months as Telengana RTA is planning to introduce yearly tax for Non TS registered vehicles.
It is indeed gratifying to know that TS RTA is adopting a progressive approach to taxing out of state cars plying in in the state.

I am sure that the numerous car owners who, for various reasons, have moved to TS but own cars registered in other states will be willing to pay an annual fee, rather than go through the hassle of cancelling the registration, re-registering the car and then claiming a refund.

Until the refund process is streamlined, the cost benefit analysis favors paying the annual fee in addition to the OTT already paid.
Old 27th October 2015, 20:22   #404
Senior - BHPian

I may move to Bangalore pretty soon and dont mind paying the LTT for my 1 year old Ritz. However I donot want to change the number. Do I need a NOC or can I just drive down and pay the LTT ?
Old 27th October 2015, 21:35   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I may move to Bangalore pretty soon and dont mind paying the LTT for my 1 year old Ritz. However I donot want to change the number. Do I need a NOC or can I just drive down and pay the LTT ?
No. NOC is not required to pay the LTT. Just drive down to the nearest RTO and let them know that you want to pay the LTT. They will give you the exact value for which you can procure a DD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks