Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 12:56   #676
BHPian

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Can you pay one time tax in Pune RTO for cars or bikes which are still under loans? I want to pay the one time tax only and not re register. Can someone who has done this earlier please respond to this query?
Old 18th March 2018, 18:44   #677
BHPian

I am also having a query on Pune RTO. Here in Kolkata we have multiple RTO offices catering to different regions of the city. While doing the NOC application form i need to give the name of the specific RTO where i will transfer the car. Can anyone tell me how many RTO offices are there in Pune and what all regions falls under which ?
Old 18th March 2018, 22:54   #678
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I am also having a query on Pune RTO. Can anyone tell me how many RTO offices are there in Pune and what all regions falls under which ?

If your address is within PMC limits, RTO is MH12 and the address is 39, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Near Sangam Bridge, Sangamvadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411001

There is another one from PCMC, that is MH14.
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 17:57   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

TN folk: need some advice!

Madurai RTO has point-blank told an elderly relative of mine that he is not entitled to any refund at all for his Amaze scheduled to move to West Bengal. As per the person he met, this is because TN does not issue refunds per se!

I have asked my relative to meet the RTO himself and he will do so tomorrow. Any help in the interim would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th March 2018 at 18:00.
Old 26th March 2018, 17:59   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
TN folk: need some advice!

Madurai RTO has point-blank told an elderly relative of mine that he is not entitled to any refund at all for his Amaze which is moving to Kolkata. This is because TN does not issue refunds per se!

I have asked my relative to meet the RTO himself and he will go again tomorrow. Any help in the interim would be highly appreciated.
I got a refund not too long back.
The car needs to be re registered in Calcutta with tax paid there before you can initiate a refund process here.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 16:56   #681

Kolkata/Bangalore guys, need some help with a unique situation -

I have a WB26 Ford Figo for which the road tax was due by Jan 7th 2018. But I moved the car before that to Hyderabad and did not register it there (neither did I pay the road tax as I was about to move again). Finally I moved to Bangalore in Jan 2018 (a little after the expiry of the road tax) and found that I can drive the vehicle till 12 months before requiring to re-register my car. Following are two options -

1. Renew the road tax in Kolkata (which is at 200% right now) and then apply for a refund after getting the NOC and re-register in Bangalore. I'm guessing only the original amount will come back (if at all) and i'll forego the penalty.
2. Find a way to pay road tax in Bangalore without changing my registration (would that work?)

I'm planning to sell my car in a year or two (it's a 2012 model). Please advise, I've looked everywhere and there seems to be no solution to this.
Old 11th April 2018, 21:11   #682
Senior - BHPian

The ka Rto will be glad to collect tax on your vehicle with its WB number but it’s life time tax.

And you can’t refund the KA tax later unless you get a NOC from the concerned Kolkata RTO and get your car a KA number.

WB surely won’t issue a NOC for a car whose WB road tax is expired
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 11:13   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The ka Rto will be glad to collect tax on your vehicle with its WB number but it’s life time tax.

And you can’t refund the KA tax later unless you get a NOC from the concerned Kolkata RTO and get your car a KA number.

WB surely won’t issue a NOC for a car whose WB road tax is expired
So, after evaluating all possibilities, it seems like paying the road tax at kolkata with the penalty makes sense, whenever I complete 12 months in Bangalore, I'll re-register here. All comes down to NOC, if I can't get that, I'll have a difficult time selling my car later. Thanks sir.
Old 12th April 2018, 18:21   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjake47 View Post
So, after evaluating all possibilities, it seems like paying the road tax at kolkata with the penalty makes sense, whenever I complete 12 months in Bangalore, I'll re-register here. All comes down to NOC, if I can't get that, I'll have a difficult time selling my car later. Thanks sir.
If you have decided to re register in KA, why wait for 12 months? Pay the WB road tax now and get a NOC right away and apply in a Bangalore RTO for a local number there. You can also initiate the refund process in Kolkata right away.

There is some talk of having a standard road tax, not sure if it will see the light of day, but if you are a believer perhaps you may choose to wait

https://www.livemint.com/Politics/gz...n-one-per.html
Old 21st April 2018, 11:10   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Just read this, Government plans to stop the levy on interstate vehicle transfer.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63852480.cms
Old 21st April 2018, 14:24   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
Just read this, Government plans to stop the levy on interstate vehicle transfer.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63852480.cms
Thanks for sharing, KartikeyaL.
One hassle of vehicle owners will be eliminated. Let's hope, change is effectively soon.
Old 21st April 2018, 16:28   #687
BHPian

One unintended consequence of this would probably be lowering of used car prices. Right now we are usually limited to cars in our state or city, but with ease of transfer of registration people would be more likely to buy from other states where prices are lower (i.e Delhi, Punjab etc.)
Old 10th May 2018, 23:37   #688
BHPian

If I'm planning to drive my car for a period of say a month in another state, what tax can I pay at state border check post to convince cops in that state ?

I will be driving my private car. Have PUC, toll receipt of the last toll booth before entering other state. But is there any tax (bare minimum) that I can pay & get receipt to show that I'm here "legally" & "respect the traffic police of that state".
Old 10th May 2018, 23:43   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
If I'm planning to drive my car for a period of say a month in another state, what tax can I pay at state border check post to convince cops in that state ?

I will be driving my private car. Have PUC, toll receipt of the last toll booth before entering other state. But is there any tax (bare minimum) that I can pay & get receipt to show that I'm here "legally" & "respect the traffic police of that state".
That is for commercial vehicles, daily tax and all or when you have self drive vehicles. As long as you have the documents you mentioned you are good to go in your own car. You won't be doing anything 'illegal' or be 'disrespectful'. You are free roam around for a year.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 12:37   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
That is for commercial vehicles, daily tax and all or when you have self drive vehicles. As long as you have the documents you mentioned you are good to go in your own car. You won't be doing anything 'illegal' or be 'disrespectful'. You are free roam around for a year.
True. I agree. But the problem that I will face is that they will harass me for getting the road tax done inspite of me showing the papers. Now infact, I will have no toll receipt since its NH from door to door and I have FASTag.

Thus, to pacify them I thought if I can pay some namesake tax (e.g. Transit, State Entry Tax etc.) and then show that as proof of me being aware of tax regimen, will this help ?

I want to do this at the border checkpoint/post. Otherwise I have to hire a taut at the nearest RTO at my hometown location to get a road tax paid receipt and sticker.

All suggestions will be helpful.

Most Viewed