Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2018, 22:20   #706
BHPian

Buying a vintage Fiat (Bhopal to Bombay)

Greetings,

My soon to be wife and I have decided on purchasing a 1957 Fiat Elegant for our wedding car. The car is currently registered in Bhopal but was originally from Maharashtra and still has the MPE license plate.

We'd like to ensure that the paperwork doesn't get in the way of a good celebration so thought I'd ask what papers I should ensure we check before registering the car in Bombay RTO?

So far, I have the:

1) Registration card (with chip)
2) Valid insurance

Many thanks!

Aviv

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2019 at 03:59. Reason: Spacing.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 05:27   #707
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Buying a vintage Fiat (Bhopal to Bombay)

What a grand idea indeed! I do believe that in this case the validity of the FC will be endorsed onto that RC Card with chip but please check.
Along with this of course you’ll need to transfer the car into your own name - do see if this can be made possible in Bombay if you live there.
But, leaving all that aside, what a truly lovely idea!
I wish you all the best!
Old 31st December 2018, 13:42   #708

re: Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.

Can anyone help in getting a right contact with Belthala RTO in Kolkata to get a 'non utilisation certificate' against the NOC which I had taken for my bike?
Old 1st January 2019, 14:39   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

How anal are HYD cops with KA cars? May have a month long assignment in HYD and thinking of taking my KA Octy there.
Old 1st January 2019, 16:15   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
How anal are HYD cops with KA cars? May have a month long assignment in HYD and thinking of taking my KA Octy there.
They don't usually care, just keep a copy of your toll receipts or Fastag statement handy.
Old 1st January 2019, 20:26   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Not bothered that much about such things. I have been using my KA registered bike here for nearly a year without incident.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 00:46   #712

Hello all -- I'd transferred my Honda City from Bangalore (Jayanagar) to Hyderabad by paying a hefty road tax.

I'd since followed all the procedure/paperwork to apply for a refund to the Bangalore RTO. The RTO has acknowledged that everything is indeed in place to process the refund: all they need to do is send me the refund check. They say the delay is because of them not having received SBI checks, ever since State Bank of Mysore became State Bank of India. This has been the state for the last 6+ months.

Am I missing something here? Is this normal? BTW, there was no agent involved in any of this.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2019 at 04:00. Reason: Spacing.
autotransmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 04:29   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
Hello all -- I'd transferred my Honda City from Bangalore (Jayanagar) to Hyderabad by paying a hefty road tax.

I'd since followed all the procedure/paperwork to apply for a refund to the Bangalore RTO. The RTO has acknowledged that everything is indeed in place to process the refund: all they need to do is send me the refund check. They say the delay is because of them not having received SBI checks, ever since State Bank of Mysore became State Bank of India. This has been the state for the last 6+ months.

Am I missing something here? Is this normal? BTW, there was no agent involved in any of this.
Ask which bank and coordinate with that branch. And with the state treasury department which presumably issued the cheque. I am afraid that is the only way forward.
Old 6th January 2019, 07:00   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
This has been the state for the last 6+ months
Quite natural; since Road Transport Office/rs are accustomed only to incoming process. Official payments, if any, are nowadays made via Khajane 2 using what is known as recipient id. In your case, they have to either issue a cheque or transfer the amount to your verified bank account. Since neither of them have been done till date, file an RTI application requesting the reasons for delay in processing the refund. You will receive the amount within a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
And with the state treasury department which presumably issued the cheque.
The cheque is presumably not issued yet. The SBM-SBI drama has rendered all old cheque leaves unusable and the RTO is yet to lay hands on the new cheque book from SBI .

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th January 2019 at 08:06. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 12th January 2019, 15:55   #715
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Am moving to mumbai (andheri east) next week for my new job. Will be taking along my Vcross registered at Gurgaon.

Am I bound to face harassment everyday?
Also apart from the fast tag statements and latest PUC, what other documents should I keep handy?

Look forward to your assist.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th January 2019 at 07:37. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 12th January 2019, 17:09   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Hi Guys,

Am moving to mumbai (andheri east) next week for my new job. Will be taking along my Vcross registered at Gurgaon.

Also apart from the fast rage statements and latest PUC, what other documents should I keep handy?

You can keep it for a year before you have to re register the vehicle in Maharashtra, technically. In practice the MH cops don't tend to pay as much attention to out of state vehicles but that might apply only to nearby states rather than Haryana registered ones.

The re registered vehicle will need life tax paid on it at the Andheri RTO and then claim a refund in Gurgaon. The process will take months so please consid r selling your ride before you leave and buy another one in Mumbai. If public transport there isn't convenient for you, buy a much smaller car, the traffic isn't going to be fun.

Last edited by hserus : 12th January 2019 at 17:11.
Old 13th January 2019, 03:30   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Hi Guys,

Also apart from the fast rage statements and latest PUC, what other documents should I keep handy?

Will you face harassment everyday -No.
Could you face it few times a year-Yes

The Mumbai RTO is a BMC puppet, the major crack downs that happened over the years were mainly to collect octroi which was BMC kitty. Now this is replaced with GST and ever since there is no RTO crackdowns.

Given that it is election year you should be cautious until then, after elections I highly doubt they will bother.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 06:34   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Will you face harassment everyday -No.
Could you face it few times a year-Yes.
Additionally the "catch rate" from cops looking to make ticket quotas is rather higher for out of state vehicles than for local ones.

The going "chai paani" rate will be a touch higher top.
Old 25th January 2019, 00:37   #719
BHPian

I have a WB registered Maruti Alto car at my home in Kolkata. It is registered in my mother's name. I plan to bring it to my home in Pune and drive it here. I will keep the car for at least two years in Pune. My questions are:

1. Do I need to first change the registration to my name to drive it here in Pune?
2. Do I need to get a NOC from Kolkata RTO before bringing it to Pune?
3. In Pune if I pay the road-tax will it be enough to drive it legally? Or I need to register it too?
Old 25th January 2019, 01:28   #720
BHPian

Hello guys, I am in the process of moving a car out of Bangalore and wanted to know the following:

1. Is it necessary to take a NOC before moving the car? Will the shipper need this?
2. Is it true that the request for refund to the original RTO should be done within 2 months from the date of issuance of the NOC?
3. Is there any link (within this thread or otherwise) that details the documents that are needed for NOC? (Got this one )
4. For Transit Insurance, which provider is the best?

Many thanks in advance.
A.

Last edited by ayankm : 25th January 2019 at 01:35. Reason: Q3 answered

Most Viewed