Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2020, 16:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon

Mod Note: Our Dark Edition Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Tata Motors is set to launch the Camo edition and Dark edition range soon.

Camo edition has been trademarked for cars such as the Tiago, Altroz and Gravitas.
The upcoming Gravitas will also be included in the special edition range

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-smartselect_20200908165030_chrome.jpg

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-smartselect_20200908165048_chrome.jpg

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-smartselect_20200908165037_chrome.jpg

Dark edition has been trademarked to be used on the Tiago, Tigor and Altroz.

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-smartselect_20200908165004_chrome.jpg

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-smartselect_20200908165022_chrome.jpg

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-smartselect_20200908165015_chrome.jpg

More details about the Camo and Dark edition range will be revealed soon

https://www.motorbeam.com/tata-motor...on-range-soon/

Last edited by Aditya : 9th July 2021 at 13:45. Reason: Link to Report added
Venkatesh is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 17:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon

Looks have always been a strong point for Tata cars. This is a good move.

I can already imagine an Altroz in Dark edition - would look so gangster!
Shreyas_H is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 21:45   #3
BHPian

Well if toyota can do it with the Yaris why can't tata

While dark versions might be a welcome addition I am not so sure about the camoflauged ones.
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 00:12   #4
BHPian

9 years ago I kept begging them for a Black Manza. They had that shade during launch and then re-introduced it in the Club Class version. I had to settle for the Tyrian Wine Celebration Edition.
May 2011 - they replied that the demand for 'Black' is less than 1% of the sales and hence, they have discontinued it.
How the times have changed ! (Thankfully!) The Harrier looks BEST in the dark edition. Poster material.

'CAMO' edition might be based on the Foilage green seen in the Nexon?
Since, a multi-patch paint job won't slide through RTO & army green (olive green) can not be used on civilian vehicles. No doubt, both Nexon and Harrier (even Gravitas for that matter) would feel right at home in a forest terrain.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 09:24   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Cool that Tata is launching factory murdered out options.
Can't wait to see the Altroz Dark edition.

Wonder why they left out the Nexon. It badly needs a Black edition, removing all those stupid white stripes around the car.

Puzzled about the Camo edition. Even more puzzled when BHPians say it must be a camouflage edition.

As @Dr.Suraj said. It must be the Foliage green colour.

Great to know that after a decade of neglect, black is back.

Read somewhere in Jalopnik. Cars get varied, wild colour options during trying times.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 09:40   #6
BHPian

I am pretty sure the camo colour is the foliage green or whatever Tata calls it.

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I prefer foliage colour/green on the Nexon to any sort of #Dark. That colour NEEDS to be standard on all Tata cars, in my opinion. That is one sick looking colour. Also, i'm amazed, few posts in and still no scrutiny.

Last edited by SaiSW : 9th September 2020 at 09:42.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 11:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Wonder why they left out the Nexon. It badly needs a Black edition, removing all those stupid white stripes around the car.
This article from rushlane mentions a nexon dark as well as a nexon CAMO and also a Tiago EXO so it might be possible these variants too are on the cards

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-camo-d...-12374925.html

Name:  Screenshot_202009091120222.png
Views: 9242
Size:  575.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_202009091120162.png
Views: 9224
Size:  576.9 KB
aansh singhania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 18:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
Why status of some applications showing as Objected against Accepted and Issued?

Also does Tiago EXO means Tiago NRG in BS6 avatar?
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 18:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Why status of some applications showing as Objected against Accepted and Issued?

Also does Tiago EXO means Tiago NRG in BS6 avatar?
Unfortunately I have no idea and didn't notice it until you pointed it out. As far as Tiago EXO is concerned it was registered way back in 2018 it seems and it might be something that that the company planned but it didn't bear fruit.
Old 9th September 2020, 19:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dark colours look good on a large vehicle. It imparts a visual compactness and if done tastefully, even gives the vehicle a hint of restrained aggression. This is one of the primary reason why the Dark edition was so popular with the Harrier.

One of my personal favourites was a blacked out version of the now discontinued Nissan Evalia NV200 with offset chrome rims. Yakuza stuff !

In a small car, such as Nexon, Tiago, Tigor, Altroz et al, a darkened version may end up "visually reducing" the size of the vehicle and it may not impart that "gung-ho vibe" which Tata Motors is wanting to achieve. Remember the black colour of the old Swift, Alto and the Hyundai Getz?
Hope TML contrasts the dark palette with enough complementary highlights to make the colour scheme appealing on its smaller cars

Last edited by arjab : 9th September 2020 at 19:40.
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 23:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Dark edition rendering by MotorBeam

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-20200910_232019.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 08:30   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Dark colours look good on a large vehicle. It imparts a visual compactnes...... a darkened version may end up "visually reducing" the size of the vehicle and it may not impart that "gung-ho vibe" which Tata Motors is wanting to achieve. Remember the black colour of the old Swift, Alto and the Hyundai Getz?
Agree on the compactness aspect. Black colour does shrink cars, while white colour kinda expands them.

But have to disagree on whether it suits them.
Unless maybe an Alto, for most taller and wider hatchbacks it imparts an air of elegance that belies the budget nature of the models.
While a white econobox looks budget from day 1 till it is scrapped, a black coloured one looks IMHO mafia-like when fresh and gangster when it's covered in dents and scratches.
Well, my DP may say I am heavily biased.

Just want Altroz and Nexon to have Dark editions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Altroz Dark edition rendering by MotorBeam
Lose the chrome around the front area. And it would be perfect.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 14:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am curiously waiting for Nexon Dark Edition. The current version's interior is too light for my liking. This is one main reason that I am starting to like Sonet more now. That all black interior with red contrast stitching in GTX just looks stunning.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 09:43   #14
BHPian

Just hope the camo is as good as mahindra's millitary green.

Tata Motors to launch Camo and Dark Edition range soon-mahindratuv300bronzegreencolor.jpg
Old 12th September 2020, 11:10   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Dark colours look good on a large vehicle. It imparts a visual compactness and if done tastefully, even gives the vehicle a hint of restrained aggression. This is one of the primary reason why the Dark edition was so popular with the Harrier.

One of my personal favourites was a blacked out version of the now discontinued Nissan Evalia NV200 with offset chrome rims. Yakuza stuff !

In a small car, such as Nexon, Tiago, Tigor, Altroz et al, a darkened version may end up "visually reducing" the size of the vehicle and it may not impart that "gung-ho vibe" which Tata Motors is wanting to achieve. Remember the black colour of the old Swift, Alto and the Hyundai Getz?
Hope TML contrasts the dark palette with enough complementary highlights to make the colour scheme appealing on its smaller cars
You just took words out of my mouth. This is exactly what I wanted to say but was not able to find the right words.
Black colour(or any darker shade) looks good on a larger vehicle. In case of sedans, it gives them a regal or stately look as well as an aggressive look. Look any BMW sedan in black or their dark blue shade(whatever it is called) with those super hot corona rings DRL, it looks so sexy but on the other hand a white BMW, not so much!
For smaller cars like hatchbacks and compact SUVs, too me lighter and funkier colours look better like red, orange, white, (case in point the Seltos which looks much better in any shade other than black). The rendering of the black edition Altroz few posts above looks so ordinary and cabbie-like.
Sure, this is just my thought and I don't wish to impose it on anyone and owners going for darker shades in smaller cars, if they like, should definitely go for them without hesitating on what an average Joe on the internet thinks , there are always exceptions!

Last edited by Candy$Cars : 12th September 2020 at 11:11.
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks